BoJo not told of Trump's Attack

John52

pelmetman - 2020-01-05 4:21 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-01-05 3:37 PM

This British chap who left the forces to make documentaries on travel is also worth watching. He recently did one on "Russia to Iran - Crossing the Wild Frontier".

Some of us average folk have been there before ;-) ........

I went to the Soviet Union in the mid 70's :D ........and my FIL went to the Iranian border in the mid 80's B-) .....

That must make you a lefty sympathiser.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-01-05 4:29 PM

This British chap who left the forces to make documentaries on travel is also worth watching. He recently did one on "Russia to Iran - Crossing the Wild Frontier".

I went to the Soviet Union in the mid 70's :D ........and my FIL went to the Iranian border in the mid 80's B-) .....

Nope........That makes me a serviceman and my FIL a tourist ;-) .......

Although my visit to the Soviet Union was a eye opener 8-) .......

Which is why I instinctively knew Corbyn was a Wrong'un >:-) ........

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 3:58 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 3:10 PM

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 3:07 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 3:00 PM

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 2:58 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 12:23 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-05 10:35 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 7:17 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-04 10:22 PM

Violet1956 - 2020-01-04 7:14 PM

I suspect that the US holds most, if not all, the trump cards in this stand-off. If I were to choose between the lesser of two evils, the USA would get my vote every time.

Neither hold any cards really which is why hopefully even Donald Trump wont be daft enough to invade Iran. Its been proved time and time again you cannot win a war in any of these countries. The only way you could would be to invade and permanently occupy and I dont think thats remotely possible and would cost probably millions of lives. America might have a lot of military might but as has been proven time and time again its pretty useless in these situations long term at least and it just makes the situation worse as we have seen time and time again.

"You cannot win a war in any of these countries" next sentence "The only way you could" ??? Barry world ... Like everyone else on here who have no idea what they talking about regarding the situation in Iran I would imagine invading and occupying Iran is the last thing our POTUS intends to do , he can do all he wants quite easily without putting a single American military foot in Iran ... One wonders what the reaction would have been had an EU army done the same and killed Soleimani in a country that sponsors terrorism or had Obama added to the 20.000 bombs he dropped and carried out the attack , me thinks not quite so much amateur dramatics

What I should have said then just to be clear is that you cannot win a war in any of these countries unless your prepared to carry out a full on invasion and permanently take over that country. Im no expert on warfare, probably none of us are but recent history has shown that nothing we have done militarily in the middle east has made any difference, its just made it all worse. Your probably right, Trump will be hoping for a reaction and maybe willing to sacrifice a few more American lives so he can then pointlessly bomb the sh1t out of the place from eight miles up in the air or from 200 miles off the coast, his supporters will all shriek "Hell Yeah!!!, Whoooooo, God Bless America" etc etc all over social media and think its all great and the world will be even less safe as a result.

Why will "Trump be hoping for a reaction" ??? and I dont recall you ever once questioning Obama and the 20.000 bombs he let rip during his POTUS gig ???

Goodness me, do I detect some hate towards our Luuvely ex presidents?

Que ???

Oooooo you’re getting the hang of it. Few more weeks and you’ll know what it means.

A few weeks you say ... How come its taken you a lifetime even with a French daddy and youve still not twigged it ???

Gosh calm down, you sure you’re allowed to make comments without your Bobsy twin?

Que ??? ...Chuckle

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 2:58 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-01-05 1:55 PM

I suspect that the US holds most, if not all, the trump cards in this stand-off. If I were to choose between the lesser of two evils, the USA would get my vote every time.

Neither hold any cards really which is why hopefully even Donald Trump wont be daft enough to invade Iran. Its been proved time and time again you cannot win a war in any of these countries. The only way you could would be to invade and permanently occupy and I dont think thats remotely possible and would cost probably millions of lives. America might have a lot of military might but as has been proven time and time again its pretty useless in these situations long term at least and it just makes the situation worse as we have seen time and time again.

"You cannot win a war in any of these countries" next sentence "The only way you could" ??? Barry world ... Like everyone else on here who have no idea what they talking about regarding the situation in Iran I would imagine invading and occupying Iran is the last thing our POTUS intends to do , he can do all he wants quite easily without putting a single American military foot in Iran ... One wonders what the reaction would have been had an EU army done the same and killed Soleimani in a country that sponsors terrorism or had Obama added to the 20.000 bombs he dropped and carried out the attack , me thinks not quite so much amateur dramatics

What I should have said then just to be clear is that you cannot win a war in any of these countries unless your prepared to carry out a full on invasion and permanently take over that country. Im no expert on warfare, probably none of us are but recent history has shown that nothing we have done militarily in the middle east has made any difference, its just made it all worse. Your probably right, Trump will be hoping for a reaction and maybe willing to sacrifice a few more American lives so he can then pointlessly bomb the sh1t out of the place from eight miles up in the air or from 200 miles off the coast, his supporters will all shriek "Hell Yeah!!!, Whoooooo, God Bless America" etc etc all over social media and think its all great and the world will be even less safe as a result.

Why will "Trump be hoping for a reaction" ??? and I dont recall you ever once questioning Obama and the 20.000 bombs he let rip during his POTUS gig ???

Well some say it's a distraction. There is nothing like a good war to distract the electorate from stuff like impeachment or perhaps a disastrous Brexit and a divided country. I've never been a fan of the US foreign policy and their desire to be the world's policeman. It's just made everything worse but Obama wasn't completely mad and dangerous.

Just shows how little you know about US politics Barry , bit like everything else you babble on about I suppose ... A war to "distract the electorate from stuff like impeachment or perhaps a disastrous Brexit" ... What a very sad and bitter cry baby youve become

Whats wrong with you? Have you gone mad or summat?

Barryd999 - 2020-01-05 5:06 PM

Well some say it's a distraction. There is nothing like a good war to distract the electorate from stuff like impeachment or perhaps a disastrous Brexit and a divided country. I've never been a fan of the US foreign policy and their desire to be the world's policeman. It's just made everything worse but Obama wasn't completely mad and dangerous.

Just shows how little you know about US politics Barry , bit like everything else you babble on about I suppose ... A war to "distract the electorate from stuff like impeachment or perhaps a disastrous Brexit" ... What a very sad and bitter cry baby youve become

Que ???

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 5:11 PM

Que ???

Barry said we'd all changed our minds ;-) ...........

He was right 8-) .........

They've decided to vote for Boris & Brexit (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Wake up to reality Barry :D .......

YOU are "IN" the minority >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-01-05 5:38 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 5:11 PM

Que ???

Barry said we'd all changed our minds ;-) ...........

He was right 8-) .........

They've decided to vote for Boris & Brexit (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Wake up to reality Barry :D .......

YOU are "IN" the minority >:-) .........

Barry "doesnt give a toss about Brexit" ... Chuckle ... Brexit leaving day will come way before any toss from Barry ... Hes a failure at that n'all I bet

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2020-01-05 2:30 PM

My bit to promote world peace.

Kinda ungrateful seeing as how much the US of A gave to your cause Paddy ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-01-05 5:48 PM

Kinda ungrateful seeing as how much the US of A gave to your cause Paddy ;-) .........

Lets be fair its old FlacidParts way of traditionally dealing with those he/she disagrees with ... Nice folk

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 5:54 PM

pelmetman - 2020-01-05 5:48 PM

Lets be fair its old FlacidParts way of traditionally dealing with those he/she disagrees with ... Nice folk

The Bobsy twins are in full swing now.

You underestimate Dave.

It would appear that he experienced the full weight of Soviet oppression when his boat tied up for a couple of days in a Ukrainian dockyard.

;-)

malc d - 2020-01-05 6:17 PM

You underestimate Dave.

It would appear that he experienced the full weight of Soviet oppression when his boat tied up for a couple of days in a Ukrainian dockyard.

;-)

Probably only went there to get fingered.

Guest pelmetman

You underestimate Dave.

;-)

Maybe it's just me Malc ;-) .........

But when I went Odessa as a young sprog and saw that Communism was decades behind the UK, not to mention that their premier holiday destination still needed rationing 8-) ..........

Even as a thick no nothing sprog I managed to deduce that during the 3 day week of the 70's we weren't that desperate >:-) ..........

But maybe that's just me Malc *-) .........

They are calling it Wag the Dog - from a film where a politician takes their country to war to draw attention away from his own impeachment.

Iran War could save Trump like Like the Falklands War Saved Thatcher

Thatcher got off the Gerrymandering charge, where Shirley Porter got done for it.

But when Blair tried it with Iraq it backfired on him :-S

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-01-05 6:27 PM

You underestimate Dave.

;-)

Probably only went there to get fingered.

I'd a got lot more than that if I had a pair of Levi's to trade 8-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-01-05 6:35 PM

They are calling it Wag the Dog - from a film where a politician takes their country to war to draw attention away from his own impeachment.

But when Blair tried it with Iraq it backfired on him

So the lesson is? ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2020-01-05 6:39 PM

Might Work, Might Not.

But whats Trump got to lose when facing impeachment

jumpstart - 2020-01-05 5:58 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-01-05 5:09 PM

If the hate squad can see beyond this fella being a jew he speaks the truth ...

Blimey not twitter again...you just don’t learn .

Talking of learning ... Have you learnt the difference between French and Spanish yet ... Chuckle ... Your too easy sweet heart ... Move on

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-01-05 6:41 PM

Daves never forgiven the Germans for what they did to him in the war

-- turned him fdown for the SS on the Grounds he wasn't German ;-)

Nah they turned me down because I wasn't a Labour voting Anti Semite >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-01-05 6:43 PM

pelmetman - 2020-01-05 6:39 PM

Might Work, Might Not.

But whats Trump got to lose when facing impeachment

The clue is ;-) ............Trump's not going to be impeached is he? :D ........

Just as Corbyn ain't going to stop us leaving the EU proper in 26 days time ......or the extend the transition past the 31st December THIS YEAR >:-) .........

Archived