Coronavirus for the Elderly Motorhomer

StuartO

Deneb - 2020-03-26 10:22 PM

John52 - 2020-03-26 9:47 PM

I have been listening to radio cornwall - well publicised reports of local businesses donating food to nhs staff i hospitals 8-)

Is this just a PR stunt or do nhs staff on duty in hospitals really need charity food 8-)

If you were having to work 12 hour or longer shifts in full protective equipment without a break to eat or even visit the toilet, and not be able to visit the hospital canteen because of the risk of infectious material carried on your clothes, nor want to face the task of having to cook for yourself once you eventually got home, stripped off on the doorstep and put your clothes into a wash then showering thoroughly you might be grateful for any gestures of support or assistance, if only from the standpoint of boosting your morale and helping you to feel that someone cares about what you are having to go through each day.

Sometimes I wish there was a "Like" button on this forum

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of on-line forums (including some UK leisure-vehicle related ones) use the Xenforo platform that has features similar to Facebook and a vast range of options to bamboozle and infuriate the average user.

I’m not a great fan of Xenforo, though the word-processing capability for composing posts would be welcome here. If there were a ‘Like’ button, logically there should be a ‘Dislike’ button, but that would be bound to cause trouble. I’d find plenty of use for the emoticon shown below ;-)

2045393507_Bangingheadonwall.jpg.f19bf5a9e3f682d27c30eb13370ce1e0.jpg

Deneb - 2020-03-26 10:22 PM

John52 - 2020-03-26 9:47 PM

I have been listening to radio cornwall - well publicised reports of local businesses donating food to nhs staff i hospitals 8-)

Is this just a PR stunt or do nhs staff on duty in hospitals really need charity food 8-)

If you were having to work 12 hour or longer shifts in full protective equipment without a break to eat or even visit the toilet, and not be able to visit the hospital canteen because of the risk of infectious material carried on your clothes, nor want to face the task of having to cook for yourself once you eventually got home, stripped off on the doorstep and put your clothes into a wash then showering thoroughly you might be grateful for any gestures of support or assistance, if only from the standpoint of boosting your morale and helping you to feel that someone cares about what you are having to go through each day.

Fair point.

They might also be grateful to have the test thats available for Prince Charles, so they could see if they are safe to see their families.

John52 - 2020-03-27 8:48 AM..... They might also be grateful to have the test thats available for Prince Charles, so they could see if they are safe to see their families.

Please don't keep harping on about that time and time again in order to display your anti-royalist heart on your sleeve; we all know your views.

OK so the Prince of Wales could have stayed at Highgrove in Gloustershire rather than have gone to the Balmoral Estate (Clarence House is just the London workplace, it's a fusty dump, I've been there) but he has been working hard until very recently and caught the virus in the process, so what if he did get a test which mightn't be available to us common people?  I think he and his family are worth their weight in gold to our Country. We need to keep him safe for the future.

StuartO - 2020-03-27 10:12 AM
John52 - 2020-03-27 8:48 AM..... They might also be grateful to have the test thats available for Prince Charles, so they could see if they are safe to see their families.

Please don't keep harping on about that time and time again in order to display your anti-royalist heart on your sleeve; we all know your views.

OK so the Prince of Wales could have stayed at Highgrove in Gloustershire rather than have gone to the Balmoral Estate (Clarence House is just the London workplace, it's a fusty dump, I've been there) but he has been working hard until very recently and caught the virus in the process, so what if he did get a test which mightn't be available to us common people?  I think he and his family are worth their weight in gold to our Country. We need to keep him safe for the future.

thumb.jpg.2f41ff8c397043a44d3859bb75ae5cf1.jpg

Bulletguy - 2020-03-27 2:06 PM

Fm's may not be aware there is a Coronavirus thread in Chatterbox they might like to contribute to as it's Covid-19 specific with current news updates, much of which i note isn't posted on this thread..

Perhaps it’s time to freeze this thread as it seems unable to die of its own volition, keeps topic drifting, and as mentioned above, the subject of the Covid-19 virus is better accommodated now elsewhere.

This thread was started to cover practical coping measure for motorhomers in the context of the coronavirus outbreak and Chatterbox regulars have unfortunately joned in and taken it off track.

As long as the Chatterbox regulars remember to post their discursive stuff on the Chatterbox thread, I don't see a problem allowing this one to continue running for less controvertial and contentious discission.

Archived