Full list of MP's who........

Bulletguy

Barryd999 - 2020-04-06 1:08 PM

StuartO - 2020-04-06 12:11 PM

..... but if you were foolish enough to do your ranting (your choice of word) against democracy on a large enough scale to become a threat, you would deserve to be silenced.

Please tell me this is another tongue in cheek Pish take? I assumed your remarks about Brian Raging and Ranting was but now Im not so sure.

If ever there has been a voice of reason and calm with well thought out arguments in Chatterbollox it has to be Brian's. I sincerely hope you are not being serious, especially with your last comment.

Indeed! ..and the forum has enough rufty-tufty, keyboard warrior types as it it.

Thankfully, we have the 2mtr (anti?)social distancing in place!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfcZnShOA3s ;-)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Birdbrain - 2020-04-05 7:56 PM...…………………

I asked one question which was actually not for you but you jumped in Brian style ...

You responded to, and quoted, my 2020-04-05 7:18 PM post as the heading of your question. So, logically, who else was it addressed to?

If you think asking when politics was more honest is two questions then thats your look out …

No, it isn't my "look out", it is my response to your characteristically woolly question. If you don't want your questions misunderstood, ask precise questions.

Youve answered to that question in a way before 1974 yet only seem to take issue with the now and not the previous 30 odd years ??? ... [

What are you asking? I don't understand the question - or even if it is a question.

You hate and lie Brian , call me all sorts without any evidence what so ever ... For example you call me an "extremist" saying Chatterbox has many examples of my extremism but when I ask you to show any , just one of those examples you show nowt , so you are a liar are you not ... Maybe a fantasist ???

Now you're being perverse. One thing at a time. First extremist. Here's an explanation of extremism. https://tinyurl.com/ruf9er4

Centrism would occupy a space somewhere between the political right, and left, wings. From there we go right or left, and the further we go in either direction we move toward the extremes. See here:

Extreme

1 Most remote in any direction; outermost or farthest: the extreme edge of the field.

2. Being in or attaining the greatest or highest degree; very intense: extreme pleasure; extreme pain.

3. Being far beyond the norm: an extreme conservative. See Synonyms at excessive.

4. Of the greatest severity; drastic: took extreme measures to conserve fuel.

Next, the truth. Did I actually call you an extremist? We've been here before. Whether anyone is to be judged an extremist can only be a reflection of how they express themselves, and how those expressions come across to others. There are no absolutes, no truths, only varied opinions. Ultimately, the judgement is the sum of those opinions.

So, I trawled back through all my posts on Chatterbox to 2007, and I found one instance of me saying your posts showed extremist tendencies. You took petulant exception to that. But I could find no example of me actually calling you an extremist. The nearest I got was in this (unfortunately rather long), string. https://tinyurl.com/yx83958s There is no allegation that you are an extremist, merely that you post extremist views. Clearly you can't see, or possibly understand, that, so further discussions seem pointless.

Liar? You do not provide an proof of me lying. What is the basis of your allegation?

Brian Kirby - 2020-04-06 1:27 PM

I asked one question which was actually not for you but you jumped in Brian style ...

You responded to, and quoted, my 2020-04-05 7:18 PM post as the heading of your question. So, logically, who else was it addressed to?

If you think asking when politics was more honest is two questions then thats your look out …

No, it isn't my "look out", it is my response to your characteristically woolly question. If you don't want your questions misunderstood, ask precise questions.

Youve answered to that question in a way before 1974 yet only seem to take issue with the now and not the previous 30 odd years ??? ... [

What are you asking? I don't understand the question - or even if it is a question.

You hate and lie Brian , call me all sorts without any evidence what so ever ... For example you call me an "extremist" saying Chatterbox has many examples of my extremism but when I ask you to show any , just one of those examples you show nowt , so you are a liar are you not ... Maybe a fantasist ???

Now you're being perverse. One thing at a time. First extremist. Here's an explanation of extremism. https://tinyurl.com/ruf9er4

Centrism would occupy a space somewhere between the political right, and left, wings. From there we go right or left, and the further we go in either direction we move toward the extremes. See here:

Extreme

1 Most remote in any direction; outermost or farthest: the extreme edge of the field.

2. Being in or attaining the greatest or highest degree; very intense: extreme pleasure; extreme pain.

3. Being far beyond the norm: an extreme conservative. See Synonyms at excessive.

Next, the truth. Did I actually call you an extremist? We've been here before. Whether anyone is to be judged an extremist can only be a reflection of how they express themselves, and how those expressions come across to others. There are no absolutes, no truths, only varied opinions. Ultimately, the judgement is the sum of those opinions.

So, I trawled back through all my posts on Chatterbox to 2007, and I found one instance of me saying your posts showed extremist tendencies. You took petulant exception to that. But I could find no example of me actually calling you an extremist. The nearest I got was in this (unfortunately rather long), string. https://tinyurl.com/yx83958s There is no allegation that you are an extremist, merely that you post extremist views. Clearly you can't see, or possibly understand, that, so further discussions seem pointless.

Liar? You do not provide an proof of me lying. What is the basis of your allegation?

Sadly on this forum there are those who when they are losing an argument/discussion they fall back on insults....these insults are best ignored as the folk dishing them out will not be swayed by more reasoned discussion making interaction repetitive and circular. I must say, Brian, I love your contributions they are most informative, usually evidence based and delightfully articulate.

pepe63 - 2020-04-06 1:26 PM

..... but if you were foolish enough to do your ranting (your choice of word) against democracy on a large enough scale to become a threat, you would deserve to be silenced.

Please tell me this is another tongue in cheek Pish take? I assumed your remarks about Brian Raging and Ranting was but now Im not so sure.

If ever there has been a voice of reason and calm with well thought out arguments in Chatterbollox it has to be Brian's. I sincerely hope you are not being serious, especially with your last comment.

Indeed! ..and the forum has enough rufty-tufty, keyboard warrior types as it it.

Thankfully, we have the 2mtr (anti?)social distancing in place!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfcZnShOA3s ;-)

Nice one! that I believe is Mr Birdbrain and Bulletguy scrapping outside the Roofers Arms in Huddersfield. I think they called it a draw. (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2020-04-06 11:06 AM Stuart, please! This is hyperbole on steroids.

I don't think so.  Indulging yourself within Chatterbox on this forum is unlikely to have much public impact but if you were foolish enough to do your ranting (your choice of word) against democracy on a large enough scale to become a threat, you would deserve to be silenced.

Please tell me this is another tongue in cheek Pish take? I assumed your remarks about Brian Raging and Ranting was but now Im not so sure.If ever there has been a voice of reason and calm with well thought out arguments in Chatterbollox it has to be Brian's. I sincerely hope you are not being serious, especially with your last comment.

I wasn’t thinking of having Brian terminated just yet but neither am I ruling it out. ????

Extreme

Christ ... Listen lets just say you have won

HarveyHeaven - 2020-04-06 2:19 PM

Extreme

Sadly on this forum there are those who when they are losing an argument/discussion they fall back on insults....these insults are best ignored as the folk dishing them out will not be swayed by more reasoned discussion making interaction repetitive and circular. I must say, Brian, I love your contributions they are most informative, usually evidence based and delightfully articulate.

From the member who shouts "BRITAIN IS NO LONGER A DEMOCRACY" ... He/she then harps on about "reasoned discussion" ... Lordy you couldn't make it up

Brian Kirby - 2020-04-06 11:06 AM Stuart, please! This is hyperbole on steroids.

I don't think so.  Indulging yourself within Chatterbox on this forum is unlikely to have much public impact but if you were foolish enough to do your ranting (your choice of word) against democracy on a large enough scale to become a threat, you would deserve to be silenced.

I hate to do this Stuart, but just in the interests of accuracy, "ranting", at least in this string, has been used only by you! :-D

Birdbrain - 2020-04-06 4:15 PM...…………………...Christ ... Listen lets just say you have won

But you still owe me evidence of where you think I was lying. I make some efforts to explain my reasoning, and as far as possible to be accurate. So, I take some exception to being accused, as you so casually do, of lying. So let's have you, where are the lies?

Brian Kirby - 2020-04-07 3:20 PM

I hate to do this Stuart, but just in the interests of accuracy, "ranting", at least in this string, has been used only by you! :-D

You are correct, what you said was "do not expect me to "go gentle into that good night"! I'm with Dylan, "Old age should burn and rave at close of day"; and I shall "Rage, rage against the dying of the light"! 

I misremembered instead of re-quoting but I did, I think, reflect the tone of your outrage and determination to keep on about Brexit, which is why I decided to sentence you to being silenced.  Unfortunately I cannot find the "Silience Brian about Brexit" button anywhere.

StuartO - 2020-04-04 8:31 AM

the development of the coronavirus pandemic and the radical steps which have been necessary to try to deal with it - amazing stuff for a conservative Government to faceup to having to do in a national emergency.

steps like taking advantage of our being surrounded by water to stop the virus entering the country by checking all travellers?

Or at least spending January and February sourcing supplies before they were all snapped up by other countries whose Governments weren't asleep at the wheel?

Archived