Johnson moved to ICU

Bulletguy

I agree Stuart, the media in this country, both TV and written, have totally lost the plot.

They seem not to be at all interested in reporting the news as inform and educate facts, only their own agendas of mischief making and sensation seeking by trying to give the illusion of 'investigative' reporting.

We too wish Boris well, as we would wish anyone of any political leaning well and I have to wonder why this country has so many bitter and twisted people unable to separate personal feelings from political beliefs - in fact howcome people have such feelings of anger in the first place?.

Successive governments from 1945 onwards, of every colour, have a lot to answer for and whilst I have no idea how we could have done better I am convinced, with the benefit of hindsight, that the UK could and should have made more of the peace to better ourselves and our nation in the last 75 years.

We are, it seems, not alone as the Italians are the latest to be unimpressed with the way that the EU functions?

Reform the EU - will turkeys ever vote for Christmas or are they all doomed to be stuffed as usual?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StuartO - 2020-04-09 10:19 AM

he has, perfectly obviously, been working his socks off and has perhaps paid the price. 

You don't get Covid19 from working too hard

But if its made it worse thats all the more reason to hand power over to someone else.

You can't have it both ways.

And since you hadn't noticed, Dominic Cummins has been busy firing Civil Servants who speak truth to power, and replacing them with his 'wierdos and misfits' who are more on message

Birdbrain - 2020-04-09 9:27 AM

John52 - 2020-04-09 7:03 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-09 6:57 AM

John52 - 2020-04-09 6:50 AM

So what happens when decisions have to be taken when an incapacitated PM refuses to relinquish his enormous powers?

Or if he is making decisions when his judgement is clouded by his medical condition?

We just don't know

- We can't refer to the rule book because there isn't one

The Establishment has avoided a written constitution so they can make and change the rules to suit themselves as they go along :-S

I predict that the Governments reaction to the virus will kill more people than the virus.

Or as Ronald Reagan said 'The scariest words in the English Language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help' 8-) '

"I predict" ... Thankfully for the rest of the world what you predict just like Barry wont end up as fact ... Great works of fiction , thats all they are ... Regards

Its happening already, which you can see if you look beyond the gutter press.

So your predicting something that according to you is already happening ... Go figure

Use your lock down time productively and look up the difference between happening and happened.

I said I predicted the Government's reaction to the virus will kill more people than the virus.

I said its happening already.

I didn't say it had happened already

John52 - 2020-04-09 11:31 AM

he has, perfectly obviously, been working his socks off and has perhaps paid the price. 

But if its made it worse thats all the more reason to hand power over to someone else.

And since you hadn't noticed, Dominic Cummins has been busy firing Civil Servants who speak truth to power, and replacing them with his 'wierdos and misfits' who are more on message

This has Cummings written all over it. He hates the civil service. Sounds like a death sentence for some of them. Herd immunity theory is alive and well it seems. Who the feck is desperate for a passport right now?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52219930

StuartO - 2020-04-09 10:19 AMhe has, perfectly obviously, been working his socks off and has perhaps paid the price. 
You don't get Covid19 from working too hard.....

Boris got infected and carried on working - that much we know.  It's a reasonable assumption that carrying on working hard, thinking he could get away with a mild illness, was his downfall and unfortunately he's paying the price.  I think he's done well getting the Country behind the Government and we need him.  I'm really glad to hear that he's on the mend.  Let's hope he's got enough sense to ease up until he's properly recovered.

Cummins has certainly been cast as the bad guy by the press but he clearly likes to operate in the background and as far as I can see there's no real evidence that he's having a bad or dangerous effect.  I'm pretty sure Boris would be able to get rid of him at a stroke if he needed to.

Barryd999 - 2020-04-09 11:43 AM

This has Cummings written all over it. He hates the civil service. Sounds like a death sentence for some of them. Herd immunity theory is alive and well it seems. Who the feck is desperate for a passport right now?

Well you do believe hes also a "death eater" and "$hit excuse for a human" just like Boris so what do ya expect Dimple ???

The case yesterday of a Labour Mayor in Derbyshire who openly expressed her satisfaction that Boris was ill will have shown them that they cannot; she was promptly disowned by the Labour Party and quite right too.

Her choice of words were certainly inappropriate and the LP immediately expelled her. However it doesn't make it any better when during a conference call a fortnight ago concerning the lack of ventilators, Johnson made light of the matter dubbing it "Operation Last Gasp". Not something anyone expects to hear from a PM and not very professional is it? But some will find it amusing purely because Johnson said it.

It seems to me that Boris's illness has, if anything, boosted his popularity.....

Thats not the general consensus of opinions i've been reading on various other forums Stuart. I'd say his cavalier attitude early on didn't help, taking zero protection and boasting about shaking hands with coronavirus victims sent out all the wrong messages only the foolhardy and irresponsible would applaud.

Birdbrain - 2020-04-09 12:17 PM

Well you do believe hes also a "death eater" and "$hit excuse for a human" just like Boris so what do ya expect Dimple ???

Yes thats true. I think he is extremely dangerous.

Barryd999 - 2020-04-09 2:53 PM

Another one to add to the list ... "extremely dangerous ... death eater ... $hit excuse for a human" ... It would be pointless to ask why I suppose ... Didn't you just vote and campaign for a fella that sides with terrorists by the way , who till very recently headed up a party under investigation for racism ??? ... Just saying

One of the reasons so many people have given up on this forum and left is that so many threads start off well but degenerate into name calling offensive posturing.

Why are you unable to make your point without insults?

Fer crying out loud give it a rest.

Tory PM in conference call two weeks ago over UK's woeful supply of ventilators suggests dubbing it "operation last gasp" to the horror of businesses on the call. Doesn't get kicked out of the party. Vile politician? People can make their own minds up but his choice of words were certainly inappropriate and insensitive. What's happening to our country? Thousands of people are continuing to die unnecessarily with an NHS service on it's knees through ten years of underfunding, understaffing and insufficient protection.

Bulletguy - 2020-04-09 5:41 PM

Tory PM in conference call two weeks ago over UK's woeful supply of ventilators suggests dubbing it "operation last gasp" to the horror of businesses on the call. Doesn't get kicked out of the party. Vile politician? People can make their own minds up but his choice of words were certainly inappropriate and insensitive. What's happening to our country? Thousands of people are continuing to die unnecessarily with an NHS service on it's knees through ten years of underfunding, understaffing and insufficient protection.

Gosh ... By attacking you are defending someone saying our PM deserves the China Virus ... You have hit a new low

Birdbrain - 2020-04-09 5:58 PM

Gosh ... By attacking you are defending someone saying our PM deserves the China Virus ... You have hit a new low

No. Simply quoting a relevant fact you prefer to remain in denial of which suggests you defend his inappropriate and insensitive words.

Bulletguy - 2020-04-09 6:07 PM

No. Simply quoting a relevant fact you prefer to remain in denial of which suggests you defend his inappropriate and insensitive words.

If you can prove he said those words I will gladly say they weren't appropriate ??? ... Will you condemn your Labour councillor that definitely said our PM deserved the virus ??? ... Waiting Princess

Birdbrain - 2020-04-09 6:17 PM

If you can prove he said those words I will gladly say they weren't appropriate ??? ... Will you condemn your Labour councillor that definitely said our PM deserved the virus ??? ... Waiting Princess

It was reported throughout msm.......the same media source as reported on the councillor case. So do you now condemn that term Johnson used as inappropriate and insensitive? Waiting Pansy.

Bulletguy - 2020-04-09 6:24 PM

It was reported throughout msm.......the same media source as reported on the councillor case. So do you now condemn that term Johnson used as inappropriate and insensitive? Waiting Pansy.

Princess show where he said those words ... You saying it was reported throughout MSM means nowt , show and I will condemn ... I am really glad you have finally stopped throwing a full homophobic slur on me , you have stopped short of your usual "pansy boy" and just gone for "pansy" ... I hope none of your your grandchildren come out as gay

Birdbrain - 2020-04-09 4:25 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-04-09 2:53 PM

Another one to add to the list ... "extremely dangerous ... death eater ... $hit excuse for a human" ... It would be pointless to ask why I suppose ... Didn't you just vote and campaign for a fella that sides with terrorists by the way , who till very recently headed up a party under investigation for racism ??? ... Just saying

Who is the most dangerous? Old beardy or Demonic Cummings. Hmmm. Tough one innit? *-) Old beardy is irrelevant now anyway, he is gone, history, has ceased to be. Cummings however who nobody voted for hasnt and he is a mad psycho bond villain who has the ear of our serial liar in chief Boris Johnson. I think thats a pretty dangerous combination.

Birdbrain - 2020-04-09 6:29 PM

Princess show where he said those words ... You saying it was reported throughout MSM means nowt

Listen up Pansy. Google "operation last gasp" and amazingly you will find a number of media links reporting the case. I'm not doing everything for you. You're supposed to be a grown up now and were able to search out a link on the councillor case so you should be able to cope with searching 'operation last gasp'.

Your reference to my grandchildren is very personal, unwarranted, and utterly disgusting, and you've been asked more times than i care to remember to desist with that nonsense.

Bulletguy - 2020-04-09 6:52 PM

Princess show where he said those words ... You saying it was reported throughout MSM means nowt

Listen up Pansy. Google "operation last gasp" and amazingly you will find a number of media links reporting the case. I'm not doing everything for you. You're supposed to be a grown up now and were able to search out a link on the councillor case so you should be able to cope with searching 'operation last gasp'.

Your reference to my grandchildren is very personal, unwarranted, and utterly disgusting, and you've been asked more times than i care to remember to desist with that nonsense.

Sweetie mentioning your grandchildren is much less personal than you hunting down my address and posting details on here or you looking in on a forum your not a member of to publish on here my multiple user names ... Keep it real Princess ... What is utterly disgusting is your homophobia which you have denied on here only to be shown by me you are a homophobe ... As a homophobe you obviously will be upset if your grandchildren grow up gay wont you or is that different ??? ... Would you call them "pansy boys" as you do to me ??? ... I almost forgot your Boris Hollywood claim you are refusing to back up , back it up and put me down

StuartO - 2020-04-09 12:09 PM

I think (BoJo's) done well getting the Country behind the Government and we need him. 

Doesn't it even register with you that the clown in charge of saving us from Covid19 has caught it himself?

Why didn't he take advantage of our island status to check people coming in and keep the virus out?

What was he doing back in January and February whilst other countries were snapping up all the supplies needed to fight the virus?

We can't even have Spitting Image TV programme now because it couldn't be more absurd than the reality.

John52 - 2020-04-09 7:25 PM

I think (BoJo's) done well getting the Country behind the Government and we need him. 

Doesn't it even register with you that the clown in charge of saving us from Covid19 has caught it himself?

I think the senior medics and scientists who give us a briefing every night are getting the people behind them.

I think politicians are the last people to follow after their performances over the last few years.

( I certainly don't NEED Boris ! )

;-)

Birdbrain - 2020-04-09 7:02 PM

Sweetie mentioning your grandchildren is much less personal than you hunting down my address and posting details on here....

Don't patronise me with your condescending effeminate overtones Antony....save them for the 'friends' you think have. My grandchildren or any other members of my family are absolutely none of your business. As for 'hunting down [your] address and posting details on here', you've persistently lied about that and been asked to show proof of this, either to me or Daniel, and failed to do so so please stop with your persistent lying and false allegation.

I also suggest you quit hiding behind the homophobe card and homosexual slurs which i know, and you know, you openly refer to as 'batty boys' elsewhere, a slur which no genuine homosexual would ever use so it's time you dropped the pretence you've been trying to hide behind.

malc d - 2020-04-09 8:52 PM

John52 - 2020-04-09 7:25 PM

I think the senior medics and scientists who give us a briefing every night are getting the people behind them.

I think politicians are the last people to follow after their performances over the last few years.

( I certainly don't NEED Boris ! )

;-)

Well said Malc.

Sadly i read the NHS doctor who had begged Johnson for urgent supplies of PPE for all frontline staff, has now died three weeks after writing to Johnson.

A doctor has died from coronavirus, three weeks after begging the Prime Minister for more personal protective equipment for frontline staff. Abdul Mabud Chowdhury, 53, passed away after 15 days in Queens Hospital, Romford, east London.

He is one of 17 NHS medics to have lost their lives since the Covid-19 pandemic began. Last month he wrote to Boris Johnson calling on him to ‘urgently’ make sure ‘each and every NHS worker in the UK’ had access to personal protective equipment.

https://tinyurl.com/yx84zs6t

Bulletguy - 2020-04-09 9:11 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-04-09 7:02 PM

Sweetie mentioning your grandchildren is much less personal than you hunting down my address and posting details on here....

Don't patronise me with your condescending effeminate overtones Antony....save them for the 'friends' you think have. My grandchildren or any other members of my family are absolutely none of your business. As for 'hunting down [your] address and posting details on here', you've persistently lied about that and been asked to show proof of this, either to me or Daniel, and failed to do so so please stop with your persistent lying and false allegation.

I also suggest you quit hiding behind the homophobe card and homosexual slurs which i know, and you know, you openly refer to as 'batty boys' elsewhere, a slur which no genuine homosexual would ever use so it's time you dropped the pretence you've been trying to hide behind.

My sexuality is none of your business yet you seem to make it your business , neither is what I say or do on another forum that you hang around hiding in the corner looking for names I go under and spying on what I say ... If its good enough for you to make my sexuality/forum activity elsewhere/address your business then your family is my business ... If you dont like it then mind your own business and get over your bitter hatred and obsession with me

Archived