Role reversals - a teaser.

Brian Kirby

Birdbrain - 2020-04-28 7:49 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-04-28 6:33 PM

Tracker - 2020-04-28 5:38 PM

Here's another hypothectical teaser.

Having just endured a bit more of Hancock's half hour I wonder if the world would be a better place if we had intelligent, sensible, constructive journalism instead of the sensation seekers looking for a negative headline rather than helping to find a solution to the world's issues?

I'd say some msm is at least intelligent and sensible but requires reading so certain folk won't even bother once they see a lot of reading with no pictures to guide them. As for how 'constructive' the article is depends on what the reader takes from it i'd have thought. How informative it's been etc. Social media can be useful for msm posting breaking news links, though why any politician would feel a need to conduct their daily thoughts and rants on sm is beyond me! I expect that from children, not adults, though some politicians are very childish which probably explains their excuse.

You mean a bit like those who believe MSM lies like this and post them all over the internet

The Sun isn't best known for 'intelligent journalism'.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2020-04-28 8:15 PM

Having just endured a bit more of Hancock's half hour I wonder if the world would be a better place if we had intelligent, sensible, constructive journalism instead of the sensation seekers looking for a negative headline rather than helping to find a solution to the world's issues?

I'd say some msm is at least intelligent and sensible but requires reading so certain folk won't even bother once they see a lot of reading with no pictures to guide them. As for how 'constructive' the article is depends on what the reader takes from it i'd have thought. How informative it's been etc. Social media can be useful for msm posting breaking news links, though why any politician would feel a need to conduct their daily thoughts and rants on sm is beyond me! I expect that from children, not adults, though some politicians are very childish which probably explains their excuse.

You mean a bit like those who believe MSM lies like this and post them all over the internet

Try your Bible ... https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/28/priti-patel-expected-to-be-cleared-of-bullying-by-cabinet-office-inquiry ... Bet you feel silly babbling on about her 'bullying'

Birdbrain - 2020-04-28 8:21 PM

Try your Bible ... https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/apr/28/priti-patel-expected-to-be-cleared-of-bullying-by-cabinet-office-inquiry ... Bet you feel silly babbling on about her 'bullying'

LMFAO, great you posted that link...(lol)....in the opening line, "expected to be" meaning she hasn't yet. Then further down where you don't read as there were too many words for you; She is still to face claims from her former Home Office permanent secretary, Sir Philip Rutnam, who is using whistleblowing laws to take her to an employment tribunal for constructive dismissal.

Bet you feel even more silly now it's been shown to you it's not over by a long way. *-)

Bulletguy - 2020-04-28 8:36 PM

LMFAO, great you posted that link...(lol)....in the opening line, "expected to be" meaning she hasn't yet. Then further down where you don't read as there were too many words for you; She is still to face claims from her former Home Office permanent secretary, Sir Philip Rutnam, who is using whistleblowing laws to take her to an employment tribunal for constructive dismissal.

Bet you feel even more silly now it's been shown to you it's not over by a long way. *-)

Seems its only your Bible that cant bring its self to say she's been cleared , a bit like you ... https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patel-bullying-allegations-investigation-cleared-a4426561.html ... Talking of feeling silly ... Hate on princess

Tracker - 2020-04-28 4:44 PM

jumpstart - 2020-04-28 5:41 PM

Role rerersal....,,,what would you like uninvented?

Twitface and it's ilk, free texting, journalists, politicians, estate agents ...

What about Motorhome salespersons!

As some one used to finish "no rights or wrongs - just different"

Cheers Rich ;-) ;-)

Geeco - 2020-04-29 7:49 AM

Twitface and it's ilk, free texting, journalists, politicians, estate agents ...

Cheers Rich ;-) ;-)

Haha did think of that one .

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-04-28 11:35 AM

Since the beginning of the millennium we had first Labour governments under Blair - Brown, then the Conservative/Liberal Democrat coalition from 2010 under Cameron/Clegg, and then Conservative from 2015 to the present under Cameron, May, and latterly, Johnson.

Had those positions been reversed, with the period from 2010 to 2019 being under Labour governments, I just wonder what the present Johnson government would be saying about why they are struggling with the Corona virus pandemic?

For example, how might they have defended themselves against the charges of slow initial response, initial shortages of ventilators, and confusing messaging, plus the continuing shortages of, and chaotic distribution of, PPE and Covid 19 test kits, (for both the virus and the antibodies), plus the failure to maintain accurate records of those infected with the virus, those who have recovered from it, and those who have died from it, but also the failures to cater effectively for the provision of PPE and test facilities to doctors, dentists, opticians, and care homes (including nursing homes).

Then reverse the picture, and answer the same questions again but for a Labour government elected in 2019 and now struggling with the same problems, but having been bequeathed to them by nine years of preceding Conservative governments. Just askin!! :-D

Your teaser conveniently ignores the fact that Boris didn't have any power until just a few months ago ;-) ........

Yet the Loser brigade are using desicions made decades ago as a weapon to bash Boris with *-) .........

BTW what is the EU's excuse for proving to be usless in the face of COVID19? >:-) ........

jumpstart - 2020-04-29 8:36 AM

Geeco - 2020-04-29 7:49 AM

Cheers Rich ;-) ;-)

Haha did think of that one .

Oh yeah, and forum trolls, looney lefties and rabid righties!

pelmetman - 2020-04-29 8:56 AM

Brian Kirby - 2020-04-28 11:35 AM

Since the beginning of the millennium we had first Labour governments under Blair - Brown, then the Conservative/Liberal Democrat coalition from 2010 under Cameron/Clegg, and then Conservative from 2015 to the present under Cameron, May, and latterly, Johnson.

Had those positions been reversed, with the period from 2010 to 2019 being under Labour governments, I just wonder what the present Johnson government would be saying about why they are struggling with the Corona virus pandemic?

For example, how might they have defended themselves against the charges of slow initial response, initial shortages of ventilators, and confusing messaging, plus the continuing shortages of, and chaotic distribution of, PPE and Covid 19 test kits, (for both the virus and the antibodies), plus the failure to maintain accurate records of those infected with the virus, those who have recovered from it, and those who have died from it, but also the failures to cater effectively for the provision of PPE and test facilities to doctors, dentists, opticians, and care homes (including nursing homes).

Then reverse the picture, and answer the same questions again but for a Labour government elected in 2019 and now struggling with the same problems, but having been bequeathed to them by nine years of preceding Conservative governments. Just askin!! :-D

Your teaser conveniently ignores the fact that Boris didn't have any power until just a few months ago ;-) ......…………

Second paragraph above, Dave. :-D

Come on guys, I'm disappointed.

Can't anyone imagine what the present government might be saying about their present difficulties, and why they're having them, if they'd taken over in 2019 after 9 years of Labour government, or what a Labour government might now be saying were they in the same position after 9 years of Conservative rule? Really? Why? Cat got your tongues, or are you all too much in thrall to your political leanings? Cognitive dissonance rules, or what?

Surely Antony can find at least one Tweet from the Twittersphere that he could substitute for an opinion? :-D

There are only two options,to do what we’ve done or not. If not then what? Don’t think it makes any difference which party it is. If we had gone into lockdown earlier then maybe we would be opening up around now with less deaths ,the economy would still be shot. Any government would get criticism but this event of this magnitude has never happened before.The 1919 flu is completely different. So whoever is in charge can only rely on the science.

Tracker - 2020-04-29 4:00 PM

Maybe the blame game is a speciality of the loonies - maybe the rest of us are circumspect enought not to keep harping on about what might, or might not, have been - but a nice try at stirring Brian!

You just can't quite bring yourself to say it, Rich, can you? :-D

jumpstart - 2020-04-29 4:02 PM

There are only two options,to do what we’ve done or not. If not then what? Don’t think it makes any difference which party it is. If we had gone into lockdown earlier then maybe we would be opening up around now with less deaths ,the economy would still be shot. Any government would get criticism but this event of this magnitude has never happened before.The 1919 flu is completely different. So whoever is in charge can only rely on the science.

Ah, but I didn't ask what they might have done, John, I asked what you think they might now be saying - about why they are having such a struggle.

Brian Kirby - 2020-04-29 4:04 PM

Maybe the blame game is a speciality of the loonies - maybe the rest of us are circumspect enought not to keep harping on about what might, or might not, have been - but a nice try at stirring Brian!

Sorry Brian, say what?

We are where we are, I'm alright Jack, no point in worrying about things I can't change - so I don't!

Tracker - 2020-04-29 4:11 PM

Sorry Brian, say what? …………….

What the present government might be saying about why they are having such problems over Covid, if the preceding administration had been Labour.

Perhaps its just my imagination running away with me - perhaps it's a hitherto unrecognised psychological side-effect of the virus - but I keep hearing voices saying things they aren't presently saying. :-D

Birdbrain - 2020-04-29 6:35 AM

Bulletguy - 2020-04-28 8:36 PM

Seems its only your Bible that cant bring its self to say she's been cleared , a bit like you ... https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/priti-patel-bullying-allegations-investigation-cleared-a4426561.html ... Talking of feeling silly ... Hate on princess

That relates to a Cabinet office "investigation".....in other words her own mates "investigating". The tribunal where she faces legal action hasn't concluded yet. Keep squirming silly little pansy. (lol)

Brian Kirby - 2020-04-29 5:19 PM

What the present government might be saying about why they are having such problems over Covid, if the preceding administration had been Labour.

Perhaps its just my imagination running away with me - perhaps it's a hitherto unrecognised psychological side-effect of the virus - but I keep hearing voices saying things they aren't presently saying. :-D

They'd blame Labour for their woes in the same way as they blame the EU. Johnsons government has clearly shown they don't 'do' accountability....each time anything goes belly up it's always someone elses fault. His followers are the same.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-04-29 6:24 PM

They'd blame Labour for their woes in the same way as they blame the EU. Johnsons government has clearly shown they don't 'do' accountability....each time anything goes belly up it's always someone elses fault. His followers are the same.

Boris is accountable for the last 5 months ;-) .......

How many deaths is the last Labour government accountable for? >:-) ......

Where would you like me to start? :-| ......

Here or abroad?.....

Just askin

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-04-29 5:21 PM

jumpstart - 2020-04-29 4:15 PM

What ever they would be saying it would be a dam sight more than Labour are currently saying..

True, but all they have to do is sit back and watch! :-D

Sit back and watch what Brian? :-| ......

You have frankly surprised me with your obvious partisanism at this time 8-) ......

Just shocked of CB.......

pelmetman - 2020-04-29 6:36 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-04-29 6:24 PM

Boris is accountable for the last 5 months ;-) .......

How many deaths is the last Labour government accountable for? >:-) ......

Where would you like me to start? :-| ......

Here or abroad?.....

UK.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-04-29 6:58 PM

UK.

Really? ;-) ......

How you must hate us Brits *-) ......

Your ex SAS son would in my view be embarrased by his lefty Dad 8-) ........

Archived