Just 57 days until........

Guest pelmetman

Tracker - 2020-05-17 4:46 PM

Dave dead minge Pelmet

Brown tongue in Barrys case ... BeeGee sure is lucky ... Should that be licky

This from the troll who does not like being called Birdpoo - as ye sow so shall ye reap.

Difference is Dick that Barry can take a joke and he knows its a joke without me explaining or putting a smilie face on it ... As for BeeGee , well one thats openly homophobic deserves all they get ... Hate crime like homophobia is punishable by law but seems to go unpunished on here or condemned by the squad ... Hate on Dickie

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tracker - 2020-05-17 5:16 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-17 4:56 PM

Tracker - 2020-05-17 4:46 PM......….

This from the troll who does not like being called Birdpoo - as ye sow so shall ye crap.

Fixed that for you! :-D

Thank you Waldorf!

I was actually thinking of going upmarket and changing my name to Waldorf-Astoria, but then I discovered someone in Brentford was using that name! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-17 6:26 PM

Tracker - 2020-05-17 5:16 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-17 4:56 PM

Tracker - 2020-05-17 4:46 PM......….

This from the troll who does not like being called Birdpoo - as ye sow so shall ye crap.

Fixed that for you! :-D

Thank you Waldorf!

I was actually thinking of going upmarket and changing my name to Waldorf-Astoria, but then I discovered someone in Brentford was using that name! :-D

Waldorf salad maybe ??? ... Your nuts so kinda goes

pelmetman - 2020-05-22 8:45 AM

39...........Steps.....to freedom :D .......

Can't remember what this countdown is for.

Will COVID -19 be over in 39 days - and we can all go on holiday again ?

:-|

malc d - 2020-05-22 3:12 PM

Pelmet bought a new computer and discovered it has numbers on the keyboard so he's learning how to count. ;-)

Dave loves a good countdown. I think its effected his brain (whats left of it that hasnt been dissolved drinking Blue Nun all day in the Spanish sunshine) that all his other countdowns kept having to be reset so he is dead certain this one will be successful which apparently is the last day the UK can apply to the EU for a transition extension and its really going to happen he thinks. Nobody really cares anymore but its important to him. Best we just leave him to it.

Guest pelmetman

The 1st of July is No Way Back Day ;-) .........

As the transition agreement says we have to ask the EU for an extension by then :D ........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-05-22 3:33 PM

Dave loves a good countdown. I think its effected his brain (whats left of it that hasnt been dissolved drinking Blue Nun all day in the Spanish sunshine) that all his other countdowns kept having to be reset so he is dead certain this one will be successful which apparently is the last day the UK can apply to the EU for a transition extension and its really going to happen he thinks. Nobody really cares anymore but its important to him. Best we just leave him to it.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-ireland-idUKKBN22Y1E8

:D ..........

pelmetman - 2020-05-23 8:15 AM

Will COVID -19 be over in 39 days - and we can all go on holiday again ? :-|

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-ireland-idUKKBN22Y1E8 :D ..........

What a proudly independent - and hated - little country we shall become. Just what we need to be to replace all those trade deals we are breaking away from with better ones! :-D It'll be no end of help to our economic recovery after Covid!

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-23 9:02 AM

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-ireland-idUKKBN22Y1E8 :D ..........

What a proudly independent - and hated - little country we shall become. Just what we need to be to replace all those trade deals we are breaking away from with better ones! :-D It'll be no end of help to our economic recovery after Covid!

"we shall become" hated ??? ... Given what I have read , listened to and seen over the last few years our "little country" is already "hated" ... Mainly by most of the losers and haters

Birdbrain - 2020-05-23 9:27 AM

Brian Kirby - 2020-05-23 9:02 AM

"we shall become" hated ??? ... Given what I have read , listened to and seen over the last few years our "little country" is already "hated" ... Mainly by most of the losers and haters

Irony, Antony, irony!

StuartO - 2020-05-23 11:29 AM

The Coronavirus Outbreak has certainly cast a cloud of uncertainty over our Country’s economic prospects but it’s not clear to me that extending our transition period and staying in the EU would improve anything.

Its done a bit more than "cast a cloud of uncertainty", Stuart - even the Chancellor has stated that it will result in a severe recession. I think it fair to say that most economists (for the sake of those with difficulty in drawing sensible conclusions, that obviously excludes economists who have not made forecasts for the British economy post Brexit! :-D) have concluded that Brexit alone would result in a recession.

So, we now face the compounding of that self-inflicted, "already in the pipeline" Brexit recession, with that from the partially self-inflicted, ongoing, Covid recession.

As we had barely (some economists say not) recovered from the 2008 banking crash recession in 2016, when we elected for Brexit, we weren't then in the best economic position to impose another recession upon ourselves.

Covid has now added its considerable (and continuing) impact to that, while causing a simultaneous, and almost world-wide, recession to boot. If what is to come follows the established path of recessions, we won't see evidence of the true economic damage until we begin to recover - and no-one I have seen is forecasting when that recovery might begin, but it looks like being a very long time into the future.

On balance, I think anything that might reduce the severity of the coming Covid recession is infinitely preferable to anything that is forecast to deepen it. There is just too much at stake.

And before anyone says that extending the transition period would only extend the uncertainty, the uncertainty factor is only one of the forecast causes of the Brexit recession. The way to avoid the uncertainty factor and all the other factors, is to reverse Brexit, which may well not prove achievable. We shall have to wait to see, but in the meantime I see no winners anywhere: only across-the-board losers.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2020-05-23 1:24 PM

The Coronavirus Outbreak has certainly cast a cloud of uncertainty over our Country’s economic prospects but it’s not clear to me that extending our transition period and staying in the EU would improve anything.

Its done a bit more than "cast a cloud of uncertainty", Stuart - even the Chancellor has stated that it will result in a severe recession. I think it fair to say that most economists (for the sake of those with difficulty in drawing sensible conclusions, that obviously excludes economists who have not made forecasts for the British economy post Brexit! :-D) have concluded that Brexit alone would result in a recession.

So, we now face the compounding of that self-inflicted, "already in the pipeline" Brexit recession, with that from the partially self-inflicted, ongoing, Covid recession.

As we had barely (some economists say not) recovered from the 2008 banking crash recession in 2016, when we elected for Brexit, we weren't then in the best economic position to impose another recession upon ourselves.

Covid has now added its considerable (and continuing) impact to that, while causing a simultaneous, and almost world-wide, recession to boot. If what is to come follows the established path of recessions, we won't see evidence of the true economic damage until we begin to recover - and no-one I have seen is forecasting when that recovery might begin, but it looks like being a very long time into the future.

On balance, I think anything that might reduce the severity of the coming Covid recession is infinitely preferable to anything that is forecast to deepen it. There is just too much at stake.

And before anyone says that extending the transition period would only extend the uncertainty, the uncertainty factor is only one of the forecast causes of the Brexit recession. The way to avoid the uncertainty factor and all the other factors, is to reverse Brexit, which may well not prove achievable. We shall have to wait to see, but in the meantime I see no winners anywhere: only across-the-board losers.

Giggle :D ......

Guest pelmetman

Giving the Losers on a here a hint of defribillator is like keeping the dead alive to only die 8-) ........

Archived