pelmetman - 2020-05-30 10:17 PM

rael - 2020-05-30 10:11 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-30 11:03 PM

rael - 2020-05-30 9:36 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-29 10:35 AM

mtravel - 2020-05-29 9:24 AM

pelmetman - 2020-05-28 5:25 PM

mtravel - 2020-05-28 3:47 PM

Just an example. Lancia left the British market many years ago because it made no sense to produce right-side-drive cars for such a small volume of business. Maybe others will.

You can obviously continue to drive Nissan.

Incorrect ;-) ......

Lancia left the market because they dissolved (Rusted) in UK weather >:-) ......

You are right.

They were made to counterbalance the poor reliability of British cars and revenge us.

Think that when we complained about the constant breakdowns of English cars, the dealer replied that we had been unlucky:

your car had been finished late in the afternoon, at tea time.

Got it. All unfortunate ...

... that's why we see few of them.

Max

P.S. This is however motorhomes and caravans forum.

Of course, Burstner, Hymer, Rapido, CI, N + B, etc. will also cost 10% more. Just 10K£ gift for a 100K£ motorhome.

Thank you sir.

Yep ;-) ..........

Which will mean British manufacturers will have a cost advantage B-) ........

Another Brexit bonus :D ..........

But British motorhomes are rubbish and overpriced.

What I know is based on experience of ;-) .......

The Autosleeper Poptop, and the Highwayman I looked after in the late mid 70's for the Navy :D ........and the fortnight I spent driving the Highwayman around Morocco both on Leyland Sherpa chassies B-) ..........

Plus I know the Fiat Amigo I bought was built from Italian doo doo, I had to change the engine more often than the oil 8-) .......

Just as I know the camper we have had for 28.5 years is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned B-) ...........

That was then, this is now. New British vans are overpriced, full stop.

Not once we charge a Brexit tariff on those Johnny foreigners :D .........

And just how many British made vans/mh's do you think we export? We can't even sell them outside UK now and that's without a tariff so banging a tariff on them is totally counter-productive. Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face, you idiots never thought this mess through from the outset. It was all about whipping up xenophobia and '£350m a week' garbage which was drip fed to you. *-)

As for importing Euro build vans/mh's, people will pay for quality build and when spending £60k - £100k, an extra 10% is small change.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rael - 2020-05-30 10:39 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-30 11:17 PM

Just an example. Lancia left the British market many years ago because it made no sense to produce right-side-drive cars for such a small volume of business. Maybe others will.

Incorrect ;-) ......

Lancia left the market because they dissolved (Rusted) in UK weather >:-) ......

You are right.

They were made to counterbalance the poor reliability of British cars and revenge us.

Think that when we complained about the constant breakdowns of English cars, the dealer replied that we had been unlucky:

Max

Of course, Burstner, Hymer, Rapido, CI, N + B, etc. will also cost 10% more. Just 10K£ gift for a 100K£ motorhome.

Thank you sir.

Yep ;-) ..........

The Autosleeper Poptop, and the Highwayman I looked after in the late mid 70's for the Navy :D ........and the fortnight I spent driving the Highwayman around Morocco both on Leyland Sherpa chassies B-) ..........

Plus I know the Fiat Amigo I bought was built from Italian doo doo, I had to change the engine more often than the oil 8-) .......

Just as I know the camper we have had for 28.5 years is the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned B-) ...........

Oh good, can't wait. Forced to "buy British" even if its s**te! Bring back the empire.

He still thinks we have one.....that's why he spends half the year sitting in Spain with Brit colonialists who thought FoM only applied to them! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-30 10:56 PM

Incorrect ;-) ......

You are right.

Max

Thank you sir.

Yep ;-) ..........

And just how many British made vans/mh's do you think we export? We can't even sell them outside UK now and that's without a tariff so banging a tariff on them is totally counter-productive. Talk about cutting your nose to spite your face, you idiots never thought this mess through from the outset. It was all about whipping up xenophobia and '£350m a week' garbage which was drip fed to you. *-)

As for importing Euro build vans/mh's, people will pay for quality build and when spending £60k - £100k, an extra 10% is small change.

That 10% of Brexit Bonus goes to UK PLC B-) ............

That seems a fair fee for not supporting our own UK industry >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-30 11:02 PM

pelmetman - 2020-05-30 11:17 PM

Incorrect ;-) ......

You are right.

Max

Thank you sir.

Yep ;-) ..........

Oh good, can't wait. Forced to "buy British" even if its s**te! Bring back the empire.

He still thinks we have one.....that's why he spends half the year sitting in Spain with Brit colonialists who thought FoM only applied to them! (lol)

Seems to me Spain cant wait for me to return B-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-05-31 10:08 AM

Incorrect ;-) ......

You are right.

Max

Thank you sir.

Yep ;-) ..........

As i said in the previous post, you haven't thought his through at all and back to spouting more utter bollox and now admit you're happy to put yet more Brits out of work for the sake of forcing British to pay more. How is that going to work when people have lost their jobs so have no income to buy anything? Where do you think the rolling chassis or vans for UK build mh's come from? As for cars, how many tariff free Nissans do you think they can sell every year? We are a tiny little island country which had tariff free access to a vast European market until you deluded clowns threw it all away.

pelmetman - 2020-05-31 10:09 AM

Then why are you still here?

Bulletguy - 2020-05-31 5:03 PM

Incorrect ;-) ......

You are right.

Max

Thank you sir.

Yep ;-) ..........

As i said in the previous post, you haven't thought his through at all and back to spouting more utter bollox and now admit you're happy to put yet more Brits out of work for the sake of forcing British to pay more. How is that going to work when people have lost their jobs so have no income to buy anything? Where do you think the rolling chassis or vans for UK build mh's come from? As for cars, how many tariff free Nissans do you think they can sell every year? We are a tiny little island country which had tariff free access to a vast European market until you deluded clowns threw it all away.

Just a point. You do realise that Nissan is Japanese and that Japs also drive on the left as do the Irish and Aussies? So the economies of scale aren't as tilted against RHD vehicles as you make out.

As for supporting your own industry; has it not occurred to you that as well as the £8 billion net that the UK contributes to the EU it also has a large trade deficit with the EU. So whilst all the poorer countries who receive handouts from the EU have to spend on EU manufactured goods because of the trade barriers and tariffs against non-EU imports, the UK isn't benefiting from that trade. Every £ that the UK has been putting into the EU subsidises EU industries via the merry-go-round of payments made to the EU, paid out to smaller member states to be used to buy German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, etc goods. Very little of your £ given to the EU comes back to the UK. Whereas Germany reckons to get back six times what they put in.

That is why the UK is the only country that can walk out of the EU and benefit from that decision.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-31 4:06 PM

Coz I live in the UK ;-) ........

I go to Spain for the winter sun B-) ........

Although we may try UK winters until Chinky Flu is over 8-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-05-31 4:03 PM

Incorrect ;-) ......

You are right.

Max

Thank you sir.

Yep ;-) ..........

I guess its up to the Fourth Reich to decide whether they want to cripple their economy that is reliant on their car industry ;-) ......

Not a good idea in a depression 8-) ........

Just sayin >:-) ........

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Renault are all but bankrupt and Micron has promised to bail them out. That contravenes EU rules on subsidising industries. PSA are also on their backsides and struggling to keep pace with the electric vehicle technology that the EU insist on even though this is playing into the hands of the Japanese and Americans. He is also insisting on keeping access to UK fishing grounds as necessary to have a free trade deal that would allow French car makers to sell cars to the UK, their biggest market, without tariffs. So, if the fishermen are refused permission to fish in UK waters his car makers, already under the cosh, will lose much of their biggest market. Also, M. Macron threatens that if the French can't fish in UK waters the French will ban UK fish from its markets. Given that France exports many times over the amount of fruit and veg' to the UK that the UK would supply fish to France, and the same lorries that bring the French produce are used to take back fish this move would not just cripple his own agricultural industry but the haulage industry too. Does anyone spot a flaw in the Petit Emperor's plans?

Meanwhile that bastion of good nature Germany has already flouted EU rules by opening their borders to Syrian immigrants despite them not having been registered in the first safe country the arrived in, then shut their doors to EU citizens during the COVID crisis despite Freedom of Movement being one of the pillars of the EU, or so they keep telling us. And latterly the German Parliament has ruled that they are not usurped by the ECJ which is quite a surprise as they signed a treaty saying that they were and refused David Cameron any leeway on the matter. Another cornerstone of EU freedom that is to be trampled under the jackboot.

And unbelievably, there are still some people who would rather remain part of this chaotic evil empire.

Nicepix - 2020-06-01 3:30 PM

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. Renault are all but bankrupt and Micron has promised to bail them out. That contravenes EU rules on subsidising industries. PSA are also on their backsides and struggling to keep pace with the electric vehicle technology that the EU insist on even though this is playing into the hands of the Japanese and Americans. He is also insisting on keeping access to UK fishing grounds as necessary to have a free trade deal that would allow French car makers to sell cars to the UK, their biggest market, without tariffs. So, if the fishermen are refused permission to fish in UK waters his car makers, already under the cosh, will lose much of their biggest market. Also, M. Macron threatens that if the French can't fish in UK waters the French will ban UK fish from its markets. Given that France exports many times over the amount of fruit and veg' to the UK that the UK would supply fish to France, and the same lorries that bring the French produce are used to take back fish this move would not just cripple his own agricultural industry but the haulage industry too. Does anyone spot a flaw in the Petit Emperor's plans?

Meanwhile that bastion of good nature Germany has already flouted EU rules by opening their borders to Syrian immigrants despite them not having been registered in the first safe country the arrived in, then shut their doors to EU citizens during the COVID crisis despite Freedom of Movement being one of the pillars of the EU, or so they keep telling us. And latterly the German Parliament has ruled that they are not usurped by the ECJ which is quite a surprise as they signed a treaty saying that they were and refused David Cameron any leeway on the matter. Another cornerstone of EU freedom that is to be trampled under the jackboot.

And unbelievably, there are still some people who would rather remain part of this chaotic evil empire.

Very nice to criticize a nation that hosts you.

Unless you are a French citizen and then it is also less understandable.

As usual you confuse the Freedom of movement which ONLY suits you as you have NEVER signed it with an emergency declared by the various nations within their sovereignty.

We will go fishing in the seas of the Islas Malvinas of which your possession is still under discussion.

Nicepix - 2020-05-31 4:52 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-31 5:03 PM

Incorrect ;-) ......

You are right.

Max

Thank you sir.

Yep ;-) ..........

Just a point. You do realise that Nissan is Japanese and that Japs also drive on the left as do the Irish and Aussies? So the economies of scale aren't as tilted against RHD vehicles as you make out.

As for supporting your own industry; has it not occurred to you that as well as the £8 billion net that the UK contributes to the EU it also has a large trade deficit with the EU. So whilst all the poorer countries who receive handouts from the EU have to spend on EU manufactured goods because of the trade barriers and tariffs against non-EU imports, the UK isn't benefiting from that trade. Every £ that the UK has been putting into the EU subsidises EU industries via the merry-go-round of payments made to the EU, paid out to smaller member states to be used to buy German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, etc goods. Very little of your £ given to the EU comes back to the UK. Whereas Germany reckons to get back six times what they put in.

That is why the UK is the only country that can walk out of the EU and benefit from that decision.

A small price to pay given the benefits from EU membership UK has enjoyed over the years. Remember, even Johnson himself said so. You believe we will be better off out, i believe not, but time will prove one or the other wrong. Much hoo-hah came from Brexiteers blathering 'take back control' but i've seen no evidence of that at all, in fact the absolute opposite and this thread is an example now cheering Nissan, a foreign car company. Brexiters tell us that's because the EU/Europe needs us where the reality is it's obviously us that needs them! The majority of our production and infrastructure is foreign owned since being sold off.

Btw Nissan has a production facility in Japan where i'd expect Japanese buyers source from. There are a few countries still driving on the right but i doubt either Japan or Australia is much of an export market for UK.

Until you've bought out all foreign owned companies in UK and become fully independent and British owned, you can't keep trumpeting about 'taking back control' as it's just plain nonsense.

pelmetman - 2020-06-01 8:37 AM

Bulletguy - 2020-05-31 4:06 PM

Coz I live in the UK ;-) ........

I go to Spain for the winter sun B-) ........

Although we may try UK winters until Chinky Flu is over 8-) .........

Yet fought tooth and nail to overstay in Spain after realising you'd shot yourself in the foot over the 3 month rule. You aren't as important to them as you like to think you are.

Meanwhile that bastion of good nature Germany has already flouted EU rules by opening their borders to Syrian immigrants despite them not having been registered in the first safe country the arrived in, then shut their doors to EU citizens during the COVID crisis despite Freedom of Movement being one of the pillars of the EU, or so they keep telling us.

Except they were refugees and asylum is an international obligation under the Geneva convention. As for FoM, you voted to end that yet expect it to extend to Britons as some sort of 'one way street'. Rank hypocrisy and typical 'Little Englander' mentality which if i had my way, i'd rescind all Brexit voters passports and force them to stay in the 'chaotic evil empire' they're creating. Enjoy your 'holiday' queued up in Operation Stack on the M20 the next time you try to escape.

mtravel - 2020-06-01 5:11 PM

Very nice to criticize a nation that hosts you.

Unless you are a French citizen and then it is also less understandable.

As usual you confuse the Freedom of movement which ONLY suits you as you have NEVER signed it with an emergency declared by the various nations within their sovereignty.

We will go fishing in the seas of the Islas Malvinas of which your possession is still under discussion.

Where have I criticised the French? Macron - yes. And plenty of French agree with that. Remember the Yellow Vests? Outlining the hypocrisy of the French President isn't condemning the French nation. People on here criticising the British PM aren't including the whole UK population in their tirade.

Freedom of Movement is part of the EU Charter that every member state signed up to. It cannot be dropped without the authorisation of the EU. So the actions of Germany, France et al in closing their borders to other EU nationals is breaking the rules. And cherry-picking who can now come in without consulting and gaining the permission of the EU is continuing that unlawful behaviour.

Good luck with your Falklands exploits. Hope that you don't have a Belgrano moment.

Bulletguy - 2020-06-01 5:32 PM

Meanwhile that bastion of good nature Germany has already flouted EU rules by opening their borders to Syrian immigrants despite them not having been registered in the first safe country the arrived in, then shut their doors to EU citizens during the COVID crisis despite Freedom of Movement being one of the pillars of the EU, or so they keep telling us.

Except they were refugees and asylum is an international obligation under the Geneva convention. As for FoM, you voted to end that yet expect it to extend to Britons as some sort of 'one way street'. Rank hypocrisy and typical 'Little Englander' mentality which if i had my way, i'd rescind all Brexit voters passports and force them to stay in the 'chaotic evil empire' they're creating. Enjoy your 'holiday' queued up in Operation Stack on the M20 the next time you try to escape.

No. The Syrians had not complied with the terms of the Dublin Agreement entailing them registering for asylum at the first safe country they encountered. Look at the map and you will find the Germany does not have a Mediterranean coastline, nor does it border Syria.

Freedom of Movement restrictions will not apply to UK citizens unless included in any deal. I don't know where you get the idea that it will include UK citizens unless agreed otherwise. After all, the UK will not be bound by EU regulations. Again, each country; Spain, France, Cyprus amongst others jumped the gun and issued their own arrangements regards settled ex-pats with no reference to the EU's policy which should by rights have taken precedence and been applied uniformly across the EU. More indiscretions swept under the carpet.

Nicepix - 2020-06-01 9:07 PM

No. The Syrians had not complied with the terms of the Dublin Agreement entailing them registering for asylum at the first safe country they encountered. Look at the map and you will find the Germany does not have a Mediterranean coastline, nor does it border Syria.

Because it was suspended, and i don't need to look at a map.....i know where Germany is thank you.

Freedom of Movement restrictions will not apply to UK citizens unless included in any deal. I don't know where you get the idea that it will include UK citizens unless agreed otherwise. After all, the UK will not be bound by EU regulations. Again, each country; Spain, France, Cyprus amongst others jumped the gun and issued their own arrangements regards settled ex-pats with no reference to the EU's policy which should by rights have taken precedence and been applied uniformly across the EU. More indiscretions swept under the carpet.

Actually its a bit of a myth that asylum seekers have to apply in the first country they come to for asylum.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/refugees-first-safe-country/

The Dublin agreement does I believe allow us to send them back to France or where ever if we decide to. I believe we lose that right after Brexit as we wont be part of the Dublin agreement.

Bulletguy - 2020-06-01 11:29 PM

Because it was suspended, and i don't need to look at a map.....i know where Germany is thank you.

Can you show some evidence that the Dublin Agreement was suspended at this time? I don't think that you can because it wasn't. Neither was it anything to do with the Geneva Convention. It was a unilateral act by Germany that broke EU rules.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-01 11:47 PM

Actually its a bit of a myth that asylum seekers have to apply in the first country they come to for asylum.

The Dublin agreement does I believe allow us to send them back to France or where ever if we decide to. I believe we lose that right after Brexit as we wont be part of the Dublin agreement.

If you read down a bit more you will see the paragraph: "Under the terms of the Dublin Regulation, a refugee should normally have their asylum claim examined in the first EU country they enter. If the claim is accepted, they get refugee status in that country."

The Syrian refugees refused to stay or register in the first safe country and were determined to choose their destination country and make their way to is. Therefore they did not come under the Geneva Convention or the Dublin Agreement. They were by their own choice economic migrants and no longer refugees.

Nicepix - 2020-06-02 6:26 AM

If you read down a bit more you will see the paragraph: "Under the terms of the Dublin Regulation, a refugee should normally have their asylum claim examined in the first EU country they enter. If the claim is accepted, they get refugee status in that country."

The Syrian refugees refused to stay or register in the first safe country and were determined to choose their destination country and make their way to is. Therefore they did not come under the Geneva Convention or the Dublin Agreement. They were by their own choice economic migrants and no longer refugees.

They are under no legal obligation to request asylum in the first country they come to. The article clearly points out that this is a myth. The Dublin agreement could be used to return them to the country they came from if it can be proved that they have made a claim there but as I said earlier. Thats an EU Law you are quoting and once we are no longer EU members via the transition period the UK will lose that right.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-06-02 7:49 AM

They are under no legal obligation to request asylum in the first country they come to. The article clearly points out that this is a myth. The Dublin agreement could be used to return them to the country they came from if it can be proved that they have made a claim there but as I said earlier. Thats an EU Law you are quoting and once we are no longer EU members via the transition period the UK will lose that right.

Instead we will have the right to make our own laws on how to deal with economic migrants B-) .........

Yet more Brexit good news >:-) .........

Nicepix - 2020-06-01 8:57 PM

Freedom of Movement is part of the EU Charter that every member state signed up to. It cannot be dropped without the authorisation of the EU. So the actions of Germany, France et al in closing their borders to other EU nationals is breaking the rules. And cherry-picking who can now come in without consulting and gaining the permission of the EU is continuing that unlawful behaviour.

Good luck with your Falklands exploits. Hope that you don't have a Belgrano moment.

If you do not know, the suspension of free movement is foreseen in the treaty.

And it has already been applied several times even by individual countries.

In the specific case of the coronavirus emergency, Europe has authorized it.

Or did it have to ask your permission to do it?

The rest are ridiculous jokes.

Including the one on the Malvinas, whose possession, I repeat, is still under discussion. Like it or not.

pelmetman - 2020-06-02 8:40 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-02 7:49 AM

Instead we will have the right to make our own laws on how to deal with economic migrants B-) .........

Yet more Brexit good news >:-) .........

Are we going to bin the United Nations and every other humans rights agreements and go completely rogue then Dave? Just one question, say the French stop trying very hard to stop migrants getting to the UK (some say thats already happening) and they tear up the Le Touquet agreement so we have no French side borders and there is an influx of migrants / asylum seekers making it to the UK amongst all the chaos that your disastrous Brexit brings to our ports what are you going to do with them? You wont be able to send them back to France and if many arrive unnoticed it will no doubt see a return to the black economy of illegal immigrant workers. At least now there is a system and despite what you read in the Sun or whatever your rag of choice is now the Daily Mail is no longer racist enough the number of asylum seekers and migrants that "currently" make it to the UK is minuscule.

mtravel - 2020-06-02 12:15 PM

Nicepix - 2020-06-01 8:57 PM

If you do not know, the suspension of free movement is foreseen in the treaty.

And it has already been applied several times even by individual countries.

In the specific case of the coronavirus emergency, Europe has authorized it.

Or did it have to ask your permission to do it?

The rest are ridiculous jokes.

Including the one on the Malvinas, whose possession, I repeat, is still under discussion. Like it or not.

You will find that the EU did not authorise any closures of borders during the initial COVID reactions by member states. It was done after the event to save face. Neither did the EU authorise Germany to open its southern borders to immigrants during the Syrian migrant crisis. That was a clear contravention of EU law.

The Falklands and Gibraltar are always under discussion. Just like the Elgin Marbles and Scottish independence. No news there, but it is a long way to go to get some fish.

Archived