More Brexit good news.........

Guest pelmetman

Nicepix - 2020-06-02 6:18 AM

Bulletguy - 2020-06-01 11:29 PM

Nicepix - 2020-06-01 9:07 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-06-01 5:32 PM

Nicepix - 2020-06-01 3:30 PM

Meanwhile that bastion of good nature Germany has already flouted EU rules by opening their borders to Syrian immigrants despite them not having been registered in the first safe country the arrived in, then shut their doors to EU citizens during the COVID crisis despite Freedom of Movement being one of the pillars of the EU, or so they keep telling us.

And unbelievably, there are still some people who would rather remain part of this chaotic evil empire.

Except they were refugees and asylum is an international obligation under the Geneva convention. As for FoM, you voted to end that yet expect it to extend to Britons as some sort of 'one way street'. Rank hypocrisy and typical 'Little Englander' mentality which if i had my way, i'd rescind all Brexit voters passports and force them to stay in the 'chaotic evil empire' they're creating. Enjoy your 'holiday' queued up in Operation Stack on the M20 the next time you try to escape.

No. The Syrians had not complied with the terms of the Dublin Agreement entailing them registering for asylum at the first safe country they encountered. Look at the map and you will find the Germany does not have a Mediterranean coastline, nor does it border Syria.

Because it was suspended, and i don't need to look at a map.....i know where Germany is thank you.

Can you show some evidence that the Dublin Agreement was suspended at this time? I don't think that you can because it wasn't. Neither was it anything to do with the Geneva Convention. It was a unilateral act by Germany that broke EU rules.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/germany-suspends-dublin-agreement-for-syrian-refugees/

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2020-06-02 11:50 AM

pelmetman - 2020-06-02 8:40 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-02 7:49 AM

Nicepix - 2020-06-02 6:26 AM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-01 11:47 PM

Meanwhile that bastion of good nature Germany has already flouted EU rules by opening their borders to Syrian immigrants despite them not having been registered in the first safe country the arrived in, then shut their doors to EU citizens during the COVID crisis despite Freedom of Movement being one of the pillars of the EU, or so they keep telling us.

And unbelievably, there are still some people who would rather remain part of this chaotic evil empire.

Except they were refugees and asylum is an international obligation under the Geneva convention. As for FoM, you voted to end that yet expect it to extend to Britons as some sort of 'one way street'. Rank hypocrisy and typical 'Little Englander' mentality which if i had my way, i'd rescind all Brexit voters passports and force them to stay in the 'chaotic evil empire' they're creating. Enjoy your 'holiday' queued up in Operation Stack on the M20 the next time you try to escape.

No. The Syrians had not complied with the terms of the Dublin Agreement entailing them registering for asylum at the first safe country they encountered. Look at the map and you will find the Germany does not have a Mediterranean coastline, nor does it border Syria.

Freedom of Movement restrictions will not apply to UK citizens unless included in any deal. I don't know where you get the idea that it will include UK citizens unless agreed otherwise. After all, the UK will not be bound by EU regulations. Again, each country; Spain, France, Cyprus amongst others jumped the gun and issued their own arrangements regards settled ex-pats with no reference to the EU's policy which should by rights have taken precedence and been applied uniformly across the EU. More indiscretions swept under the carpet.

Actually its a bit of a myth that asylum seekers have to apply in the first country they come to for asylum.

https://fullfact.org/immigration/refugees-first-safe-country/

The Dublin agreement does I believe allow us to send them back to France or where ever if we decide to. I believe we lose that right after Brexit as we wont be part of the Dublin agreement.

If you read down a bit more you will see the paragraph: "Under the terms of the Dublin Regulation, a refugee should normally have their asylum claim examined in the first EU country they enter. If the claim is accepted, they get refugee status in that country."

The Syrian refugees refused to stay or register in the first safe country and were determined to choose their destination country and make their way to is. Therefore they did not come under the Geneva Convention or the Dublin Agreement. They were by their own choice economic migrants and no longer refugees.

They are under no legal obligation to request asylum in the first country they come to. The article clearly points out that this is a myth. The Dublin agreement could be used to return them to the country they came from if it can be proved that they have made a claim there but as I said earlier. Thats an EU Law you are quoting and once we are no longer EU members via the transition period the UK will lose that right.

Instead we will have the right to make our own laws on how to deal with economic migrants B-) .........

Yet more Brexit good news >:-) .........

Are we going to bin the United Nations and every other humans rights agreements and go completely rogue then Dave? Just one question, say the French stop trying very hard to stop migrants getting to the UK (some say thats already happening) and they tear up the Le Touquet agreement so we have no French side borders and there is an influx of migrants / asylum seekers making it to the UK amongst all the chaos that your disastrous Brexit brings to our ports what are you going to do with them? You wont be able to send them back to France and if many arrive unnoticed it will no doubt see a return to the black economy of illegal immigrant workers. At least now there is a system and despite what you read in the Sun or whatever your rag of choice is now the Daily Mail is no longer racist enough the number of asylum seekers and migrants that "currently" make it to the UK is minuscule.

Australia seems to manage just fine without the Le Tourquet Agreement ... They actually manage that well their handling of illegals is looked on with envy in many countries ... Hate on Chunky

Bulletguy - 2020-06-02 6:23 PM

Because it was suspended, and i don't need to look at a map.....i know where Germany is thank you.

Can you show some evidence that the Dublin Agreement was suspended at this time? I don't think that you can because it wasn't. Neither was it anything to do with the Geneva Convention. It was a unilateral act by Germany that broke EU rules.

https://www.euractiv.com/section/economy-jobs/news/germany-suspends-dublin-agreement-for-syrian-refugees/

Germany suspended the Dublin Agreement on 21 Ayugust, not the EU. The EU knew nothing about their plans until it had happened.

Taken from that report:

"On Tuesday afternoon (25 August), Brussels voiced support for the German initiative: “We welcome this act of European solidarity,” said a spokeswoman for the EU Commission.

Germany is currently the only EU state that does not send Syrian refugees back to their first point of contact, such as Italy or Greece. For the Commission, the German decision is recognition of the fact that the member states at the external borders cannot be left alone to deal with the large number of asylum seekers, commented the spokeswoman. There are currently, however, no other EU state that have suspended the Dublin rules as Germany have done. "

How is that solidarity? And then the hypocrisy continues;

!Merkel and Hollande persist with Dublin

To date, Germany has been the most vocal advocate of the Dublin Principles and has consistently championed compliance with them. Yesterday, in a leaked BAMF document, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and French President Francois Hollande called for the immediate establishment of centres in Italy and Greece, where refugees should be registered in accordance with the Dublin rules. "

Seems like rules are there to be ignored for some in the EU.

Nicepix - 2020-06-02 8:20 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-06-02 6:23 PM

Germany suspended the Dublin Agreement on 21 Ayugust, not the EU. The EU knew nothing about their plans until it had happened.

Seems like rules are there to be ignored for some in the EU.

Seems it's brought reformation about which surely has to be a good thing, not bad. Some MEP's do actually go to work rather than the few flag waving clowns led by Farage who did nothing but bring shame on the UK.

"The current migration and refugee crisis has revealed significant structural weaknesses in the design and implementation of the CEAS and of the Dublin regime. This has been confirmed by recent external studies on the Dublin system and acknowledged by the Commission in its communication of 6 April 2016. Since 2009, the Parliament has consistently been calling for a binding mechanism for the fair distribution of asylum-seekers among all EU Member States (see EP resolutions of 25 November 2009, 11 September 2012, 9 October 2013, 23 October 2013, 17 December 2014, 29 April 2015, and 10 September 2015)."

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2016/586639/EPRS_BRI%282016%29586639_EN.pdf

Birdbrain - 2020-06-02 7:55 PM

Freedom of Movement restrictions will not apply to UK citizens unless included in any deal. I don't know where you get the idea that it will include UK citizens unless agreed otherwise. After all, the UK will not be bound by EU regulations. Again, each country; Spain, France, Cyprus amongst others jumped the gun and issued their own arrangements regards settled ex-pats with no reference to the EU's policy which should by rights have taken precedence and been applied uniformly across the EU. More indiscretions swept under the carpet.

Actually its a bit of a myth that asylum seekers have to apply in the first country they come to for asylum.

The Dublin agreement does I believe allow us to send them back to France or where ever if we decide to. I believe we lose that right after Brexit as we wont be part of the Dublin agreement.

If you read down a bit more you will see the paragraph: "Under the terms of the Dublin Regulation, a refugee should normally have their asylum claim examined in the first EU country they enter. If the claim is accepted, they get refugee status in that country."

The Syrian refugees refused to stay or register in the first safe country and were determined to choose their destination country and make their way to is. Therefore they did not come under the Geneva Convention or the Dublin Agreement. They were by their own choice economic migrants and no longer refugees.

They are under no legal obligation to request asylum in the first country they come to. The article clearly points out that this is a myth. The Dublin agreement could be used to return them to the country they came from if it can be proved that they have made a claim there but as I said earlier. Thats an EU Law you are quoting and once we are no longer EU members via the transition period the UK will lose that right.

Instead we will have the right to make our own laws on how to deal with economic migrants B-) .........

Are we going to bin the United Nations and every other humans rights agreements and go completely rogue then Dave? Just one question, say the French stop trying very hard to stop migrants getting to the UK (some say thats already happening) and they tear up the Le Touquet agreement so we have no French side borders and there is an influx of migrants / asylum seekers making it to the UK amongst all the chaos that your disastrous Brexit brings to our ports what are you going to do with them? You wont be able to send them back to France and if many arrive unnoticed it will no doubt see a return to the black economy of illegal immigrant workers. At least now there is a system and despite what you read in the Sun or whatever your rag of choice is now the Daily Mail is no longer racist enough the number of asylum seekers and migrants that "currently" make it to the UK is minuscule.

Australia seems to manage just fine without the Le Tourquet Agreement ... They actually manage that well their handling of illegals is looked on with envy in many countries ... Hate on Chunky

(lol) Im guessing you didnt do very well at Geography at school. Have a look at Australia on your little globe that lights up and tell me where the nearest land mass is that hordes of immigrants might try and steal away on rubber dinghies or car ferries from.

You do realise that Australia is actually full of immigrants. In fact all of them apart from the Aborigines are but if you assume the long term (more than two generation) Aussies are not immigrants "new" or foreign born immigrants still make up 30% of the population. That Australian style points system Johnson etc like to bang on about because it sounds all tough and Brexity cos Aussies are just good ole Blokes that suffer no nonsense was designed to encourage immigration.

Eat my Cheese! :D

Barryd999 - 2020-06-02 11:18 PM

(lol) Im guessing you didnt do very well at Geography at school. Have a look at Australia on your little globe that lights up and tell me where the nearest land mass is that hordes of immigrants might try and steal away on rubber dinghies or car ferries from.

You do realise that Australia is actually full of immigrants. In fact all of them apart from the Aborigines are but if you assume the long term (more than two generation) Aussies are not immigrants "new" or foreign born immigrants still make up 30% of the population. That Australian style points system Johnson etc like to bang on about because it sounds all tough and Brexity cos Aussies are just good ole Blokes that suffer no nonsense was designed to encourage immigration.

Australia has Australians , proud Australians most of them ... Princess who mentioned "hordes of immigrants" ??? As for the nearest land mass to Australia it might be as far to travel that as it is for most of those who travel through war torn Europe to Calais to free load over here

Nicepix - 2020-06-02 5:14 PM

The Falklands and Gibraltar are always under discussion. Just like the Elgin Marbles and Scottish independence. No news there, but it is a long way to go to get some fish.

You forget the Koh-i-Noor.

As for the British Museum ...

... not just the Elgin Marbles.

David Cameron said about the diamond: "If you say yes to one you suddenly find the British Museum would be empty".

Birdbrain - 2020-06-03 6:03 AM

Australia has Australians , proud Australians most of them ... Princess who mentioned "hordes of immigrants" ??? As for the nearest land mass to Australia it might be as far to travel that as it is for most of those who travel through war torn Europe to Calais to free load over here

30% of those proud Australians are immigrants though. Its a country built on immigration.

Ooops! back on Topic. Seems Nissan are now saying that their UK plant in Sunderland is simply not sustainable post Brexit unless the tariffs stay the same. Seems unlikely to me that Nissan would be daft enough to take Johnsons word for it that a no deal and tariff situation simply wouldnt happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52900528?fbclid=IwAR3IND1b3q-8lLCPD7CGOJuV3eGenTqxtFhsncoMsIEbAugybPM7_jevdqE

Barryd999 - 2020-06-03 9:31 AM

30% of those proud Australians are immigrants though. Its a country built on immigration.

Point is ??? ... They are legal migrants ... You seem to be belittling the fact most will be proud Australians because they have an immigrant background ... Go back far enough and we are all immigrants ... Hate on

Birdbrain - 2020-06-03 12:13 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-03 9:31 AM

Point is ??? ... They are legal migrants ... You seem to be belittling the fact most will be proud Australians because they have an immigrant background ... Go back far enough and we are all immigrants ... Hate on

Im not an immigrant! I Can trace my family history back to the English Aristocracy and a 17th century Highwayman.

Barryd999 - 2020-06-03 10:40 AM

Ooops! back on Topic. Seems Nissan are now saying that their UK plant in Sunderland is simply not sustainable post Brexit unless the tariffs stay the same. Seems unlikely to me that Nissan would be daft enough to take Johnsons word for it that a no deal and tariff situation simply wouldnt happen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52900528?fbclid=IwAR3IND1b3q-8lLCPD7CGOJuV3eGenTqxtFhsncoMsIEbAugybPM7_jevdqE

Oh dear...Pelmets excitement was short lived!!

"Nissan's commitment could not be maintained if there was not tariff-free EU access."

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-06-03 3:51 PM

"Nissan's commitment could not be maintained if there was not tariff-free EU access."

So the ball's back in the EU's court ;-) .......

Seems to me the deal has already been done :D .........

Correction.....The Fourth Reich's automobile biased economy court >:-) .......

Barryd999 - 2020-06-03 12:35 PM

Im not an immigrant! I Can trace my family history back to the English Aristocracy and a 17th century Highwayman.

Maybe I'm more British than you.

It seems that my ancient ancestors came from Cornwall.

Perhaps Viking pirates but more plausibly travelers of Celtic origin.

My surname would seem to confirm it.

Max

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-06-03 4:07 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-06-03 12:35 PM

Maybe I'm more British than you.

It seems that my ancient ancestors came from Cornwall.

Perhaps Viking pirates but more plausibly travelers of Celtic origin.

My surname would seem to confirm it.

Max

You're certainly showing some typical British Lefty Socialist traits :D .........

I can see why they left Brexit voting Cornwall (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2020-06-03 4:14 PM

You're certainly showing some typical British Lefty Socialist traits :D .........

You offend me.

Never voted socialist.

Maybe communist.

You know, those of The Spy Who Came in from the Cold.

Besides, I think John le Carré lived in Saint Buryan, Cornwall and it makes sense.

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2020-06-03 4:35 PM

You offend me.

Never voted socialist.

Maybe communist.

Besides, I think John le Carré lived in Saint Buryan, Cornwall and it makes sense.

So your well "hard" Left of Left :D ..........

Cant say I didn't know ;-) .......

My Ranting Rabid Lefty detector is very highly tuned nowadays B-) .......

Guest rael
pelmetman - 2020-05-28 1:19 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-8364955/Nissan-close-Barcelona-auto-plant-boost-Sunderland-jobs.html

What was it the Haters said would happen to the car industry if we voted for Brexit? :-S ........

"Nissan's chief executive Makoto Uchida said the production in Europe will be centered at the British plant"

Nope I don't think it was that? ;-) .........

No doubt Bullet will be along to remind us all soon (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Makoto has changed his tune......Lets hope it doesn't come to this.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8382919/Nissan-warns-Sunderland-plant-7-000-staff-unsustainable-Brexit-talks-collapse.html

pelmetman - 2020-06-03 4:00 PM

But you dont want that. You have been drooling over a no deal Brexit for years. So basically you support a situation where 7000 people will directly lose their jobs as well as likely tens of thousands of others as a result not to mention the probably demise of the bulk of our automotive industry. Please do not humiliate yourself by trying to deny you dont want a crash out no deal as I doubt even your Team Brexit supporters on here (which is probably only one now) will back you up.

BoJo wants to be Churchill, but he is only good at fighting an imaginary enemy like the EU, not a real enemy like Covid19

Just when we need to rebuild the economy after his disastrous mishandling of coronovirus, you'd have to be mad as a hatter to want to erect barriers and tariffs with your biggest trading partner :-S

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-06-04 6:04 AM

pelmetman - 2020-06-03 4:00 PM

But you dont want that. You have been drooling over a no deal Brexit for years. So basically you support a situation where 7000 people will directly lose their jobs as well as likely tens of thousands of others as a result not to mention the probably demise of the bulk of our automotive industry. Please do not humiliate yourself by trying to deny you dont want a crash out no deal as I doubt even your Team Brexit supporters on here (which is probably only one now) will back you up.

I dont fear a No Deal...... just as I dont believe your Loser Scaremongering which has proved to be complete Codswallop time after time >:-) ...........

I suspect we'll end up with a Canadian style deal ;-) ...........

pelmetman - 2020-06-04 7:44 AM...……………...I dont fear a No Deal...... just as I dont believe your Loser Scaremongering which has proved to be complete Codswallop time after time >:-) ...........

Spot the contradiction! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2020-06-04 9:12 AM

pelmetman - 2020-06-04 7:44 AM...……………...I dont fear a No Deal...... just as I dont believe your Loser Scaremongering which has proved to be complete Codswallop time after time >:-) ...........

Spot the contradiction! :-D

Which one? :D

pelmetman - 2020-06-03 4:55 PM

mtravel - 2020-06-03 4:35 PM

You offend me.

Never voted socialist.

Maybe communist.

So your well "hard" Left of Left :D ..........

Cant say I didn't know ;-) .......

My Ranting Rabid Lefty detector is very highly tuned nowadays B-) .......

Do you know boccalone fish?

It's that you just need to launch the hook and it puts it in its mouth by itself.

Here it is very common but I see it is also on the other side of the Channel.

Archived