Brian Kirby - 2020-08-12 1:25 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-12 6:13 AM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-10 12:52 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-09 2:23 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-09 11:44 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-08 7:08 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-08 6:18 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-08 3:45 PM

……………………………... I said I dont care how the Navy deals with them, is that so difficult to understand and I dont need to think anything through and its certainly not uncomfortable Princess ... As long as they dont land on our shores I dont care ... Simple enough for ya

So you'd be happy for the navy to bring them into a UK port?

Not particularly no but until the laws are changed and we brought these types back to a UK port to be moved immediately into a secure compound with basic needs rather than 4 star luxury till they were removed then yes I suppose I can live with that ... Would you prefer to put them up at your gaffe or use your motorhome than my secure compound idea ??? ... Just asking

So involving the navy would achieve nothing under present circumstances that the coastguard is not already achieving. So, why then involve the navy who would have to use vessels currently employed on fisheries protection duties? This "navy stuff" is all bluff and bluster with no purpose.

Housing the migrants in hotels is not a matter of choice; it is being done because the existing secure accommodation is full. So, which is the cheaper alternative? Temporarily use under used hotel accommodation, or start a crash building operation to provide additional secure accommodation for the present surge in numbers, which will decline over winter, and will eventually permanently decline? It is a reasonable stop-gap measure that also keeps a few hotels in business.

If you want to keep the migrants out, why do you also want more accommodation for them? Doesn't add up, does it?

Depends what the navy does doesnt it as to comparing it to what is done now ... I told you before put these types up in containers in a secure compound, maybe near you if your so concerned or better still you put them up at your home Merkel Mansions ??? ... Doesnt need any new buildings just containers

So you think the UK should just renege on its international obligations (that it helped draft) and then what, leave the UN and other international organisations (that it helped found) - because it can't handle a relative handful of migrants? You and Dave love banana republics, don't you? That'd do our international reputation and influence no end of good, wouldn't it? And what then for all those Brexity trade deals our future now depends on? Great scheme!

1 You seem unable to grasp that Brexit happened partly because of "international obligations" like The Dublin Regulation

2 and Brexit voters, the winners of the referendum are sick and stalled of laws that do nothing for them and Blighty yet everything for chancers …

3 "handful of migrants" , the world according to Brian ... There is another world outside of leafy East Sussex Princess

1 I was unaware that the Dublin Regulations were a factor in the Brexit vote. I don't recall them being mentioned. Can you say where they figured, and how? But, having said that, the Dublin Regulations provide a right for an EU state that is entered by a refugee seeking asylum, where the refugee has clearly entered from a neighbouring EU state, to require the neighbouring state to take back the refugee, on the basis that the correct place for the application for asylum to be lodged and assessed was the first EU state the refugee entered. Through Brexit that right is now lost, so the only applicable law is that which I outlined in my above post of 11 August 2020 at 4:41 PM.

2 Brexiters may be as sick as the proverbial parrot about international obligations, nut unless and until the UK withdraws from its international undertakings, they remain legally binding. Brexiters should bear in mind that all such obligations are mutually binding, so if the UK withdraws the provisions will cease equally to apply to British subjects abroad. Which seems to take us back to Dirty Harry: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?" So do you?

3 The annual number entering the UK by crossing the channel each year varies between a few hundred and a few thousand. It has increased since the Brexit vote, especially since Brexit. It is part of what Brexiters voted for. The UK has a population of approximately 66 million. It receives about 40,000 (6%) asylum claims annually (meaning 94% enter by alternative routes), and about 4,000 (0.06%) have so far crossed the Channel this year, so yes, a relative handful. Not all claims are successful.

1 ... Chuckle, you who I have asked for evidence of the vile insults you have chucked my way at times and offered nothing now want me to provide evidence of my claim ... Chuckle

2 ... Dont remember anyone saying they want to withdraw from all regulations, just the ones that serve others more than UK residents

3 ... Its not 66 million folk that have to put the chancers up though Brian is it ... The chancers get sent to the same old places, not anywhere near you though of course

1 So no, you can't

2 According to who?

3 So just a handful then.

1 ... Ive already answered but you dont like it

2 ... See above

3 ... See above

4 ... Night night

All you've done is post a meaningless reply that provides no answers at all.

BTW, in respect of the "vile insults" you refer to, I think you'll find there are no insults at all, just a few unwelcome home truths.

Insults tend to be your territory, not mine.

Try this:

Insult.

verb

To treat or speak to insolently or with contemptuous rudeness; affront.

To affect as an affront; offend or demean.

To behave with insolent triumph; exult contemptuously (usually followed by on, upon, or over).

An insolent or contemptuously rude action or remark; affront.

"vile insults" or "home truths" you have never to this day proved any when challenged ... Says more about you princess

Remember when you were crying about being 'picked on', 'accused of being a racist' etc then claiming you were not at all? I seem to recall Brian spending a lot of time and effort explaining to you if that was genuinely the case, perhaps if you learned to moderate your tone more in posts, others might just begin to take you a bit more seriously. But you can't and revert to type in a flash, hence the reason you were so quickly caught out as pbu Antony1969. That's an example of the 'home truths' but as usual it fell on deaf ears and your manic obsession with incessant postings about Muslims, ethnics and migrants, along with your usual blustering arrogance and contempt toward anyone not sharing your views continues unabated.

From the forums very own homophobe ... Who denied it of course ... Only to be shown hes not just a homophobe but a liar ... Chuckle ... Your funny and confused

Is your memory so vacant. Many here have tried to dissuade you from your constant verbal abuse,but hey ho, it’s ironic that you should take offence.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2020-08-13 9:08 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-13 8:51 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-13 8:28 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-13 7:18 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-13 5:41 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-13 5:23 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-13 12:20 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-12 7:07 PM

……………………………... I said I dont care how the Navy deals with them, is that so difficult to understand and I dont need to think anything through and its certainly not uncomfortable Princess ... As long as they dont land on our shores I dont care ... Simple enough for ya

Not particularly no but until the laws are changed and we brought these types back to a UK port to be moved immediately into a secure compound with basic needs rather than 4 star luxury till they were removed then yes I suppose I can live with that ... Would you prefer to put them up at your gaffe or use your motorhome than my secure compound idea ??? ... Just asking

So involving the navy would achieve nothing under present circumstances that the coastguard is not already achieving. So, why then involve the navy who would have to use vessels currently employed on fisheries protection duties? This "navy stuff" is all bluff and bluster with no purpose.

Housing the migrants in hotels is not a matter of choice; it is being done because the existing secure accommodation is full. So, which is the cheaper alternative? Temporarily use under used hotel accommodation, or start a crash building operation to provide additional secure accommodation for the present surge in numbers, which will decline over winter, and will eventually permanently decline? It is a reasonable stop-gap measure that also keeps a few hotels in business.

If you want to keep the migrants out, why do you also want more accommodation for them? Doesn't add up, does it?

Depends what the navy does doesnt it as to comparing it to what is done now ... I told you before put these types up in containers in a secure compound, maybe near you if your so concerned or better still you put them up at your home Merkel Mansions ??? ... Doesnt need any new buildings just containers

So you think the UK should just renege on its international obligations (that it helped draft) and then what, leave the UN and other international organisations (that it helped found) - because it can't handle a relative handful of migrants? You and Dave love banana republics, don't you? That'd do our international reputation and influence no end of good, wouldn't it? And what then for all those Brexity trade deals our future now depends on? Great scheme!

1 You seem unable to grasp that Brexit happened partly because of "international obligations" like The Dublin Regulation

2 and Brexit voters, the winners of the referendum are sick and stalled of laws that do nothing for them and Blighty yet everything for chancers …

3 "handful of migrants" , the world according to Brian ... There is another world outside of leafy East Sussex Princess

1 I was unaware that the Dublin Regulations were a factor in the Brexit vote. I don't recall them being mentioned. Can you say where they figured, and how? But, having said that, the Dublin Regulations provide a right for an EU state that is entered by a refugee seeking asylum, where the refugee has clearly entered from a neighbouring EU state, to require the neighbouring state to take back the refugee, on the basis that the correct place for the application for asylum to be lodged and assessed was the first EU state the refugee entered. Through Brexit that right is now lost, so the only applicable law is that which I outlined in my above post of 11 August 2020 at 4:41 PM.

2 Brexiters may be as sick as the proverbial parrot about international obligations, nut unless and until the UK withdraws from its international undertakings, they remain legally binding. Brexiters should bear in mind that all such obligations are mutually binding, so if the UK withdraws the provisions will cease equally to apply to British subjects abroad. Which seems to take us back to Dirty Harry: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?" So do you?

3 The annual number entering the UK by crossing the channel each year varies between a few hundred and a few thousand. It has increased since the Brexit vote, especially since Brexit. It is part of what Brexiters voted for. The UK has a population of approximately 66 million. It receives about 40,000 (6%) asylum claims annually (meaning 94% enter by alternative routes), and about 4,000 (0.06%) have so far crossed the Channel this year, so yes, a relative handful. Not all claims are successful.

1 ... Chuckle, you who I have asked for evidence of the vile insults you have chucked my way at times and offered nothing now want me to provide evidence of my claim ... Chuckle

2 ... Dont remember anyone saying they want to withdraw from all regulations, just the ones that serve others more than UK residents

3 ... Its not 66 million folk that have to put the chancers up though Brian is it ... The chancers get sent to the same old places, not anywhere near you though of course

1 So no, you can't

2 According to who?

2 ... See above

3 ... See above

4 ... Night night

BTW, in respect of the "vile insults" you refer to, I think you'll find there are no insults at all, just a few unwelcome home truths.

Try this:

Insult.

verb

To behave with insolent triumph; exult contemptuously (usually followed by on, upon, or over).

"vile insults" or "home truths" you have never to this day proved any when challenged ... Says more about you princess

Remember when you were crying about being 'picked on', 'accused of being a racist' etc then claiming you were not at all? I seem to recall Brian spending a lot of time and effort explaining to you if that was genuinely the case, perhaps if you learned to moderate your tone more in posts, others might just begin to take you a bit more seriously. But you can't and revert to type in a flash, hence the reason you were so quickly caught out as pbu Antony1969. That's an example of the 'home truths' but as usual it fell on deaf ears and your manic obsession with incessant postings about Muslims, ethnics and migrants, along with your usual blustering arrogance and contempt toward anyone not sharing your views continues unabated.

From the forums very own homophobe ... Who denied it of course ... Only to be shown hes not just a homophobe but a liar ... Chuckle ... Your funny and confused

Something else you've had explained to you before but you can't leave alone. As i have no dislike of genuine homosexuals it's impossible for me to be homophobic unlike you who not only tried masquerading on this forum as one for some odd reason, but openly refers to them as "Batty boys". So not only are you a fake and a liar, you're certainly homophobic.

You're confused, not funny, and sick in the head. Go and get professional help.

Ye one who calls others "Pansy Boy" a well known homosexual slur obviously likes homosexuals ... Chuckle ... Im "sick in the head" ??? yet you are the one that follows me around the internet and hunts out my home address??? ... Chuckle

jumpstart - 2020-08-13 9:13 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-13 8:51 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-13 8:28 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-13 7:18 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-13 5:41 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-13 5:23 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-13 12:20 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-12 7:07 PM

1 So no, you can't

2 According to who?

2 ... See above

3 ... See above

4 ... Night night

Try this:

Insult.

verb

Is your memory so vacant. Many here have tried to dissuade you from your constant verbal abuse,but hey ho, it’s ironic that you should take offence.

Chuckle ... Its now "verbal abuse" to call one that gets away with homophobic slurs on here a "homophobe" ... Now thats "ironic"

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-13 6:48 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-13 6:21 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-13 5:37 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-13 4:17 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-13 3:28 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-13 1:13 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-13 12:45 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-12 9:20 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-12 6:44 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-12 4:56 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-12 9:25 AM

pepe63 - 2020-08-12 8:57 AM

As I posted recently on another thread, there will be a range of reasons why people voted as they did..but to now pretend that immigration was not uppermost in the various high profile bodies that pushed for Leave, is a complete nonsense...

Absolutely,my point entirely, there was a range of reasons. I would agree that various papers and others tried to make immigration a high spot, but I don’t think it was the main reason why people voted leave. As you said there was a range of reasons.

They didn't need to "try" Jumpstart! All they had to do was keep the Leave campaign rolling feeding the xenophobes the horror stories about "swarms" of migrants "invading" OUR country. They had Farage whipping up the fanatics and Johnson delivering Cummings' soundbites to the Brexit adherents. Yes there was obviously more than immigration alone with the campaign, but to claim it was 'never about immigration' is simply being disingenuous or naive.

All just a lot of supposition,what ifs and maybe’s. You’ll all just have to wait till the next vote.

It was a referendum, not an election.

Let's try a different tack.

Allowing that those for whom immigration was a major concern may well have had other reasons to vote leave, would the referendum result have been the same had the immigration issue not been given such prominence?

After all, there was a reason why immigration figured so prominently, wasn't there? It was a device to sway public opinion, through fear, towards leave, was it not? Especially the complete nonsense about Turkey, and all those millions of Turks queueing at the border. That was a travesty.

We will never know. But at least it gives a REASON why vote leave won to all those who voted stay and they can continue to debate the if only’s for many years to come.

J/start.......we do already know! Come on, be honest about it, we've all known immigration was one of the key points used in the Leave campaign and how anyone could pretend other is beyond me!! Most knew even before the referendum and the few that didn't, most certainly did after as the racists and xenophobes became emboldened and were out on the streets telling any 'foreigny' looking folk to 'go back to your country', slapping posters up about Polish 'vermin go home'.....remember those? Police reported a massive spike in race hate crime post referendum.

1) So is uncontrolled migration not a problem to deluded LLLLB folk? *-) .........

2) BTW......Your Massive spike dosen't seem to have put those EU migrants from staying ;-) .........

1) Uncontrolled suited BOTH governments who chose to ignore EU ruling, the subject has been raised many times before and explained in detail but you, don't listen and refuse to read so never learn. I've no idea what the silly acronym is either but the forum uses English as it's form of communicating posts. Try using it.

https://www.bruegel.org/2017/02/questionable-immigration-claims-in-the-brexit-white-paper/

2) LOL....Daily Mail. You can't leave it alone for a minute can you? Get sight of a juicy header and you're off playing with yourself. *-)

Naturally you didn't READ any of the detail as only the header got you excited.

4,600 applications refused,

36,500 withdrawn or void

34,900 were invalid.

So yes it's put A LOT of EU workers off staying in a country that hates them as the graph Barry posted on another thread shows.

2018 is Sooo 2 years ago ;-) ............

So post a graph showing EU migration to UK on a par with that of non-EU. Come on motormouth, instead of gobbing off meaningless inane drink fuelled drivel, lets see what you can manage.

No need to ;-) ..........

As the fact that the majority of EU citzens are opting to stay in the UK proves that your massive spike in hate crimes was a Loser Hate Brigade myth *-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-08-13 6:45 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-13 6:28 PM

John52 - 2020-08-13 6:23 PM

pelmetman - 2020-08-12 9:54 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-12 9:50 PM

Are you on drugs? :-|

Yep ;-) .......

Prepreration "H" when dealing with the likes of you >:-) .......

Well stop talking out of your arse then

At least I don't leave the outpourings of my arse in public bins 8-) ..........

Just sayin >:-) ........

Neither do I because I use dog waste bins as I have told you before.

The fact you change it to 'public bins' to make it sound worse shows you can't be trusted.

So dog owners are not members of the public??? 8-) ...........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ...........

pelmetman - 2020-08-13 3:13 PM

As I posted recently on another thread, there will be a range of reasons why people voted as they did..but to now pretend that immigration was not uppermost in the various high profile bodies that pushed for Leave, is a complete nonsense...

Absolutely,my point entirely, there was a range of reasons. I would agree that various papers and others tried to make immigration a high spot, but I don’t think it was the main reason why people voted leave. As you said there was a range of reasons.

They didn't need to "try" Jumpstart! All they had to do was keep the Leave campaign rolling feeding the xenophobes the horror stories about "swarms" of migrants "invading" OUR country. They had Farage whipping up the fanatics and Johnson delivering Cummings' soundbites to the Brexit adherents. Yes there was obviously more than immigration alone with the campaign, but to claim it was 'never about immigration' is simply being disingenuous or naive.

All just a lot of supposition,what ifs and maybe’s. You’ll all just have to wait till the next vote.

Allowing that those for whom immigration was a major concern may well have had other reasons to vote leave, would the referendum result have been the same had the immigration issue not been given such prominence?

After all, there was a reason why immigration figured so prominently, wasn't there? It was a device to sway public opinion, through fear, towards leave, was it not? Especially the complete nonsense about Turkey, and all those millions of Turks queueing at the border. That was a travesty.

"Membership status

Candidate country

Background

In 1987, Turkey applied to join what was then the European Economic Community, and in 1997 it was declared eligible to join the EU."

https://ec.europa.eu/neighbourhood-enlargement/countries/detailed-country-information/turkey_

Still making stuff up eh Brian? *-) ........

Dave, that may have been the case 33, or even 23, years ago, but times change, and under its present leadership there isn't (and wasn't at the time of the referendum), a cat in hell's chance of Turkey joining - any more than there then was of the UK leaving. Their current human rights record alone guarantee's that. In a changing world, you just have to keep up to date! :-D

jumpstart - 2020-08-13 5:38 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-13 5:13 PM

We will never know. But at least it gives a REASON why vote leave won to all those who voted stay and they can continue to debate the if only’s for many years to come.

But the reasons are reasonably clear. A survey, published in late 2016, provides the main reasons people voted leave.

This shows that the main reasons people gave for voting leave were the economy (21%), immigration (20%) and sovereignty/EU bureaucracy (17%). Other reasons were the campaign, cosmopolitanism, foreign policy, protection of rights, EU spending/regulation/costs, other stability or uncertainty concern, British/English identity, family, social identity/partisanship, and EU integration/stability, in order of importance, ranging down from 7% to 1%.

The research was carried out by NatCen, drawing on information from the British Social Attitudes Survey, random sampling of their own panel, and the British Election Study Internet Panel. The full survey report, and the accompanying Excel data sets, can be downloaded here: https://tinyurl.com/y4nwdohv

But, immigration clearly figures alongside the economy as one of the two largest concerns people has about EU membership.

The newspapers most read by leave voters are also (if predictably) interesting. In descending order, the Sun, the Express, the Mail, the Star, the Telegraph, the Mirror, the Times, the FT, the Independent and the Guardian. Surprisingly, 12% read no paper, and a further 8% read an "other" paper.

1 Excuse me for being cynical , surveys are like polls,every few years one will come and be accurate. Immigration and the love /hate relationship has been with us a long time .....even before Powell “ rivers of blood”.

2 Of coarse immigration was part of the voting equation, but to say it was solely the reason for failure to stay in the Eu is just wistfully looking for an excuse.

3 So of your figures above 80% of people asked said Immigration was not the main reason for voting to leave. It would be interesting to have the reasons why people wanted to stay......most of the ones I saw on TV seemed to have no reason to vote stay.

4 The above doesn’t show those who look at news on line which isn’t just the usually suspects.

1 By my guest! :-) But this wasn't a general opinion poll, it was carried out immediately after the referendum, specifically to find out why people voted leave. It shows what it shows. And what it shows is that substantial numbers of people placed immigration high on their list of reasons for wanting to leave. OTOH, you said above that neither you, nor anyone you had spoken to, was that concerned about immigration. So our friends tend to be like us. Who'd have thought it? :-D

2 I don't think anyone did say it was the sole reason, just that it was a very significant reason.

3 Well no, they didn't say that, because they weren't asked that question. The survey was limited to those who voted leave. Why not download it: there is a lot more information there than I've highlighted. If you want to know why people voted remain, you'll need a survey that deals with that half of the electorate. They're there, if you hunt them out.

4 No, it wisely sticks to the published, and therefore regulated, media, rather than drawing on stuff for which there is no obligation of reporting honesty.

Birdbrain - 2020-08-13 7:18 PM………………………..

Really? You are very selective, but also very careless (or possibly calculating) in what you write. You thereby offend others who, surprise, surprise, react critically. They too, are human. :-) So, a circular firing squad is created.

You angrily call their criticisms insults, apparently because they offend you. But, to others, they are just expressing overdue home truths. Do a little web search on whether a truth can also be an insult, and you'll see what I mean - on both sides.

It's all a matter of psychology. There is no proof. Sometimes a truth hurts, but it is most likely to insult if, as you endlessly do, it is expressed in a personally derogatory way.

There is a difference between saying "what you write is racist", and saying "you are racist". One is a statement of perceived truth, the other an insult.

So, to avoid provoking the backlash it is necessary to express contentious opinions with care.

But you know all this, don't you - because it has been pointed out so many times by so many - so it comes to be seen as deliberate, when the insults just come to be seem as calculatingly self-inflicted, and so as sadomasochism by other means.

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-14 10:42 AM

jumpstart - 2020-08-13 5:38 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-13 5:13 PM

But the reasons are reasonably clear. A survey, published in late 2016, provides the main reasons people voted leave.

This shows that the main reasons people gave for voting leave were the economy (21%), immigration (20%) and sovereignty/EU bureaucracy (17%). Other reasons were the campaign, cosmopolitanism, foreign policy, protection of rights, EU spending/regulation/costs, other stability or uncertainty concern, British/English identity, family, social identity/partisanship, and EU integration/stability, in order of importance, ranging down from 7% to 1%.

The research was carried out by NatCen, drawing on information from the British Social Attitudes Survey, random sampling of their own panel, and the British Election Study Internet Panel. The full survey report, and the accompanying Excel data sets, can be downloaded here: https://tinyurl.com/y4nwdohv

But, immigration clearly figures alongside the economy as one of the two largest concerns people has about EU membership.

The newspapers most read by leave voters are also (if predictably) interesting. In descending order, the Sun, the Express, the Mail, the Star, the Telegraph, the Mirror, the Times, the FT, the Independent and the Guardian. Surprisingly, 12% read no paper, and a further 8% read an "other" paper.

1 Excuse me for being cynical , surveys are like polls,every few years one will come and be accurate. Immigration and the love /hate relationship has been with us a long time .....even before Powell “ rivers of blood”.

2 Of coarse immigration was part of the voting equation, but to say it was solely the reason for failure to stay in the Eu is just wistfully looking for an excuse.

3 So of your figures above 80% of people asked said Immigration was not the main reason for voting to leave. It would be interesting to have the reasons why people wanted to stay......most of the ones I saw on TV seemed to have no reason to vote stay.

4 The above doesn’t show those who look at news on line which isn’t just the usually suspects.

1 By my guest! :-) But this wasn't a general opinion poll, it was carried out immediately after the referendum, specifically to find out why people voted leave. It shows what it shows. And what it shows is that substantial numbers of people placed immigration high on their list of reasons for wanting to leave. OTOH, you said above that neither you, nor anyone you had spoken to, was that concerned about immigration. So our friends tend to be like us. Who'd have thought it? :-D

2 I don't think anyone did say it was the sole reason, just that it was a very significant reason.

3 Well no, they didn't say that, because they weren't asked that question. The survey was limited to those who voted leave. Why not download it: there is a lot more information there than I've highlighted. If you want to know why people voted remain, you'll need a survey that deals with that half of the electorate. They're there, if you hunt them out.

4 No, it wisely sticks to the published, and therefore regulated, media, rather than drawing on stuff for which there is no obligation of reporting honesty.

It’s interesting that they said turnout was a decisive factor with those who were likely to vote remain were also likely to not turn out to vote. So they only have themselves to blame.

The report does make interesting reading though.

If sticking with published media you are implying that all the papers listed in the report were reporting honestly. This therefore implies that their various contagious articles regarding immigration and Brexit was honest reporting. There are plenty of sound media online reporting ( excluding Facebook and Twitter of coarse).

Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 6:17 AM

Ye one who calls others "Pansy Boy" a well known homosexual slur obviously likes homosexuals ... Chuckle

You should have said you prefer being called Batty boy given that's what you call homosexuals.....isn't it Antony?

Im "sick in the head" ??? yet you are the one that follows me around the internet and hunts out my home address??? ... Chuckle

Told you before you put your address on the internet, nobody else did. *-)

pelmetman - 2020-08-14 8:15 AM

J/start.......we do already know! Come on, be honest about it, we've all known immigration was one of the key points used in the Leave campaign and how anyone could pretend other is beyond me!! Most knew even before the referendum and the few that didn't, most certainly did after as the racists and xenophobes became emboldened and were out on the streets telling any 'foreigny' looking folk to 'go back to your country', slapping posters up about Polish 'vermin go home'.....remember those? Police reported a massive spike in race hate crime post referendum.

1) So is uncontrolled migration not a problem to deluded LLLLB folk? *-) .........

2) BTW......Your Massive spike dosen't seem to have put those EU migrants from staying ;-) .........

1) Uncontrolled suited BOTH governments who chose to ignore EU ruling, the subject has been raised many times before and explained in detail but you, don't listen and refuse to read so never learn. I've no idea what the silly acronym is either but the forum uses English as it's form of communicating posts. Try using it.

https://www.bruegel.org/2017/02/questionable-immigration-claims-in-the-brexit-white-paper/

2) LOL....Daily Mail. You can't leave it alone for a minute can you? Get sight of a juicy header and you're off playing with yourself. *-)

36,500 withdrawn or void

34,900 were invalid.

So yes it's put A LOT of EU workers off staying in a country that hates them as the graph Barry posted on another thread shows.

So post a graph showing EU migration to UK on a par with that of non-EU. Come on motormouth, instead of gobbing off meaningless inane drink fuelled drivel, lets see what you can manage.

1) No need to ;-) ..........

2) As the fact that the majority of EU citzens are opting to stay in the UK.....

3)...proves that your massive spike in hate crimes was a Loser Hate Brigade myth *-) ..........

1) Then don't complain when FACTS from the ONS are put in front of you.

2) Show the evidence to back up your unsubstantiated claim. That Mail link isn't evidence of 'a majority' at all. You're just back to clutching at straws and making stuff up as you go along.

3) Show the evidence to back up this unsubstantiated claim. Come on motormouth, lets have some links from credible sources off you. You're constantly spouting wild conjecture but when asked to provide FACTS......inevitably you can't.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 2:40 PM

36,500 withdrawn or void

34,900 were invalid.

2) As the fact that the majority of EU citzens are opting to stay in the UK.....

3)...proves that your massive spike in hate crimes was a Loser Hate Brigade myth *-) ..........

2) Show the evidence to back up your unsubstantiated claim. That Mail link isn't evidence of 'a majority' at all. You're just back to clutching at straws and making stuff up as you go along.

3) Show the evidence to back up this unsubstantiated claim. Come on motormouth, lets have some links from credible sources off you. You're constantly spouting wild conjecture but when asked to provide FACTS......inevitably you can't.

Snigger >:-) ..........

I treat spun statistics by the Lefty "Full O Sh*t Fact" with the same contempt I do all Losers ;-) ........

Haven't you noticed? :D .........

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-14 11:40 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-13 7:18 PM………………………..

Really? You are very selective, but also very careless (or possibly calculating) in what you write. You thereby offend others who, surprise, surprise, react critically. They too, are human. :-) So, a circular firing squad is created.

You angrily call their criticisms insults, apparently because they offend you. But, to others, they are just expressing overdue home truths. Do a little web search on whether a truth can also be an insult, and you'll see what I mean - on both sides.

It's all a matter of psychology. There is no proof. Sometimes a truth hurts, but it is most likely to insult if, as you endlessly do, it is expressed in a personally derogatory way.

There is a difference between saying "what you write is racist", and saying "you are racist". One is a statement of perceived truth, the other an insult.

So, to avoid provoking the backlash it is necessary to express contentious opinions with care.

But you know all this, don't you - because it has been pointed out so many times by so many - so it comes to be seen as deliberate, when the insults just come to be seem as calculatingly self-inflicted, and so as sadomasochism by other means.

A lot of meaningless guff when it would have been much easier to just agree with the truth that you aint ever produced anything to back up the insults you throw my way ... Lovely

Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 2:28 PM

Ye one who calls others "Pansy Boy" a well known homosexual slur obviously likes homosexuals ... Chuckle

You should have said you prefer being called Batty boy given that's what you call homosexuals.....isn't it Antony?

Im "sick in the head" ??? yet you are the one that follows me around the internet and hunts out my home address??? ... Chuckle

Chuckle ... Imagine having such a shallow life you have to follow me around the internet, hunt me down on another forum, work out who I am on that forum and then trawl through my old posts ... Lordy, your family must be proud ... As for my address, I have never put that on the internet and would lurve you to show different ... Hate on

pelmetman - 2020-08-14 2:46 PM

36,500 withdrawn or void

34,900 were invalid.

I treat spun statistics by the Lefty "Full O Sh*t Fact" with the same contempt I do all Losers ;-) ........

What i, and no doubt most of the other fm's have noticed, is each time you're faced with indisputable facts from an official source, the best you can come up with is a childish "snigger" or "chuckle" which equates to you realising you've been cornered, have no credible or logical response to challenge the evidence, so resort to juvenile remarks which just makes you even more silly.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 4:28 PM

36,500 withdrawn or void

34,900 were invalid.

What i, and no doubt most of the other fm's have noticed, is each time you're faced with indisputable facts from an official source, the best you can come up with is a childish "snigger" or "chuckle" which equates to you realising you've been cornered, have no credible or logical response to challenge the evidence, so resort to juvenile remarks which just makes you even more silly.

Snigger >:-) .........

Lets talk about your LLLLB fact checker then? ;-) .........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7706715/How-Google-George-Soros-eBays-founder-fund-Fact-group.html

How you LLLLB Haters just hate having your bias exposed (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 3:05 PM

Chuckle ... Imagine having such a shallow life you have to follow me around the internet, hunt me down on another forum, work out who I am on that forum and then trawl through my old posts ... Lordy, your family must be proud ... As for my address, I have never put that on the internet and would lurve you to show different ... Hate on

Takes nothing to 'work out' who you are, you had that pointed out to you yesterday. What's your obsession over my family? As to the final, i thought anyone running their own business had a modicum of intelligence.....try using it.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 4:43 PM

Takes nothing to 'work out' who you are, you had that pointed out to you yesterday. What's your obsession over my family? As to the final, i thought anyone running their own business had a modicum of intelligence.....try using it.

So have you ever run anything? ;-) ..........

Apart from your country down Comrade? *-)..........

pelmetman - 2020-08-14 4:41 PM

36,500 withdrawn or void

34,900 were invalid.

Lets talk about your LLLLB How you LLLLB Haters just hate having your bias exposed (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Perfect examples of what i mean ^^^.

Come back to the forum when you've grown out of nappies and finished playschool.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 4:46 PM

36,500 withdrawn or void

34,900 were invalid.

Lets talk about your LLLLB How you LLLLB Haters just hate having your bias exposed (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Come back to the forum when you've grown out of nappies and finished playschool.

Snigger >:-) ........

So you don't want to talk about your "FACT" checkers LLLLB bias? :D .........

How very predictable (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 4:43 PM

Chuckle the fella who scours the internet looking for me says I have an obsession ... Chuckle ... As for me using my business email it doesnt give you the right to post details on here about my home address ... Hate on

pelmetman - 2020-08-14 4:48 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 4:46 PM

36,500 withdrawn or void

34,900 were invalid.

Snigger >:-) ........

So you don't want to talk about your "FACT" checkers LLLLB bias? :D .........

How very predictable (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

I said you should come back to the forum when you've grown out of nappies and finished playschool. Go and play with your toys or something. You had absolutely zero evidence to back up the wild conjecture you were spouting yesterday and today and i gave you ample opportunity to come up with something, so instead of admitting defeat you change the subject just as you ALWAYS do. You just post utter drivel all the time making stuff up as you go along.

Archived