Bulletguy - 2020-08-13 3:28 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-13 1:13 PM

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-13 12:45 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-12 9:20 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-12 6:44 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-12 4:56 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-12 9:25 AM

pepe63 - 2020-08-12 8:57 AM

As I posted recently on another thread, there will be a range of reasons why people voted as they did..but to now pretend that immigration was not uppermost in the various high profile bodies that pushed for Leave, is a complete nonsense...

Absolutely,my point entirely, there was a range of reasons. I would agree that various papers and others tried to make immigration a high spot, but I don’t think it was the main reason why people voted leave. As you said there was a range of reasons.

They didn't need to "try" Jumpstart! All they had to do was keep the Leave campaign rolling feeding the xenophobes the horror stories about "swarms" of migrants "invading" OUR country. They had Farage whipping up the fanatics and Johnson delivering Cummings' soundbites to the Brexit adherents. Yes there was obviously more than immigration alone with the campaign, but to claim it was 'never about immigration' is simply being disingenuous or naive.

All just a lot of supposition,what ifs and maybe’s. You’ll all just have to wait till the next vote.

It was a referendum, not an election.

Let's try a different tack.

Allowing that those for whom immigration was a major concern may well have had other reasons to vote leave, would the referendum result have been the same had the immigration issue not been given such prominence?

After all, there was a reason why immigration figured so prominently, wasn't there? It was a device to sway public opinion, through fear, towards leave, was it not? Especially the complete nonsense about Turkey, and all those millions of Turks queueing at the border. That was a travesty.

We will never know. But at least it gives a REASON why vote leave won to all those who voted stay and they can continue to debate the if only’s for many years to come.

J/start.......we do already know! Come on, be honest about it, we've all known immigration was one of the key points used in the Leave campaign and how anyone could pretend other is beyond me!! Most knew even before the referendum and the few that didn't, most certainly did after as the racists and xenophobes became emboldened and were out on the streets telling any 'foreigny' looking folk to 'go back to your country', slapping posters up about Polish 'vermin go home'.....remember those? Police reported a massive spike in race hate crime post referendum.

1) So is uncontrolled migration not a problem to deluded LLLLB folk? *-) .........

2) BTW......Your Massive spike dosen't seem to have put those EU migrants from staying ;-) .........

1) Uncontrolled suited BOTH governments who chose to ignore EU ruling, the subject has been raised many times before and explained in detail but you, don't listen and refuse to read so never learn. I've no idea what the silly acronym is either but the forum uses English as it's form of communicating posts. Try using it.

https://www.bruegel.org/2017/02/questionable-immigration-claims-in-the-brexit-white-paper/

2) LOL....Daily Mail. You can't leave it alone for a minute can you? Get sight of a juicy header and you're off playing with yourself. *-)

Naturally you didn't READ any of the detail as only the header got you excited.

4,600 applications refused,

36,500 withdrawn or void

34,900 were invalid.

So yes it's put A LOT of EU workers off staying in a country that hates them as the graph Barry posted on another thread shows.

2018 is Sooo 2 years ago ;-) ............

So post a graph showing EU migration to UK on a par with that of non-EU. Come on motormouth, instead of gobbing off meaningless inane drink fuelled drivel, lets see what you can manage.

1) No need to ;-) ..........

2) As the fact that the majority of EU citzens are opting to stay in the UK.....

3)...proves that your massive spike in hate crimes was a Loser Hate Brigade myth *-) ..........

1) Then don't complain when FACTS from the ONS are put in front of you.

2) Show the evidence to back up your unsubstantiated claim. That Mail link isn't evidence of 'a majority' at all. You're just back to clutching at straws and making stuff up as you go along.

3) Show the evidence to back up this unsubstantiated claim. Come on motormouth, lets have some links from credible sources off you. You're constantly spouting wild conjecture but when asked to provide FACTS......inevitably you can't.

Snigger >:-) ..........

I treat spun statistics by the Lefty "Full O Sh*t Fact" with the same contempt I do all Losers ;-) ........

Haven't you noticed? :D .........

What i, and no doubt most of the other fm's have noticed, is each time you're faced with indisputable facts from an official source, the best you can come up with is a childish "snigger" or "chuckle" which equates to you realising you've been cornered, have no credible or logical response to challenge the evidence, so resort to juvenile remarks which just makes you even more silly.

Snigger >:-) .........

Lets talk about your LLLLB How you LLLLB Haters just hate having your bias exposed (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Perfect examples of what i mean ^^^.

Come back to the forum when you've grown out of nappies and finished playschool.

Snigger >:-) ........

So you don't want to talk about your "FACT" checkers LLLLB bias? :D .........

How very predictable (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

I said you should come back to the forum when you've grown out of nappies and finished playschool. Go and play with your toys or something. You had absolutely zero evidence to back up the wild conjecture you were spouting yesterday and today and i gave you ample opportunity to come up with something, so instead of admitting defeat you change the subject just as you ALWAYS do. You just post utter drivel all the time making stuff up as you go along.

Snigger >:-) .......

I do just love a LLLLB temper tantrum (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 5:41 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 4:43 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 3:05 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 2:28 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 6:17 AM

Ye one who calls others "Pansy Boy" a well known homosexual slur obviously likes homosexuals ... Chuckle

You should have said you prefer being called Batty boy given that's what you call homosexuals.....isn't it Antony?

Im "sick in the head" ??? yet you are the one that follows me around the internet and hunts out my home address??? ... Chuckle

Told you before you put your address on the internet, nobody else did. *-)

Chuckle ... Imagine having such a shallow life you have to follow me around the internet, hunt me down on another forum, work out who I am on that forum and then trawl through my old posts ... Lordy, your family must be proud ... As for my address, I have never put that on the internet and would lurve you to show different ... Hate on

Takes nothing to 'work out' who you are, you had that pointed out to you yesterday. What's your obsession over my family? As to the final, i thought anyone running their own business had a modicum of intelligence.....try using it.

Chuckle the fella who scours the internet looking for me says I have an obsession ... Chuckle ... As for me using my business email it doesnt give you the right to post details on here about my home address ... Hate on

You've accused me of this many times before Antony but failed to provide evidence of my posting detail of your home address on here and I openly invited you to contact the forum administrator......but you never did.

Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 6:02 PM

Ye one who calls others "Pansy Boy" a well known homosexual slur obviously likes homosexuals ... Chuckle

You should have said you prefer being called Batty boy given that's what you call homosexuals.....isn't it Antony?

Im "sick in the head" ??? yet you are the one that follows me around the internet and hunts out my home address??? ... Chuckle

Chuckle ... Imagine having such a shallow life you have to follow me around the internet, hunt me down on another forum, work out who I am on that forum and then trawl through my old posts ... Lordy, your family must be proud ... As for my address, I have never put that on the internet and would lurve you to show different ... Hate on

Takes nothing to 'work out' who you are, you had that pointed out to you yesterday. What's your obsession over my family? As to the final, i thought anyone running their own business had a modicum of intelligence.....try using it.

Chuckle the fella who scours the internet looking for me says I have an obsession ... Chuckle ... As for me using my business email it doesnt give you the right to post details on here about my home address ... Hate on

You've accused me of this many times before Antony but failed to provide evidence of my posting detail of your home address on here and I openly invited you to contact the forum administrator......but you never did.

You also "openly invited" me to prove you called me a "Pansy Boy" n'all sweet cheeks after denying it ... Ya looked silly dint ya ... Unlike you and the squad I dont run to the forum administrator ... Hate on Princess

Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 6:10 PM

Unlike you and the squad I dont run to the forum administrator ... Hate on Princess

Because you had NO EVIDENCE and the allegation you made was FALSE.

Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 7:22 PM

Unlike you and the squad I dont run to the forum administrator ... Hate on Princess

Lordy you just on and on ... Princess I have shown to the whole forum you are a homophobe and a liar ... I need do nothing else ... Hate on

Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 8:10 PM

Lordy you just on and on ...

Yes damn right it will be on and on as long as you persist in making false allegations of me posting 'your home address' on this forum, and don't think you get out of it by trying to change the subject. Either put the matter to the administrator or withdraw your false allegation. That's final now.

Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 8:38 PM

Yes damn right it will be on and on as long as you persist in making false allegations of me posting 'your home address' on this forum, and don't think you get out of it by trying to change the subject. Either put the matter to the administrator or withdraw your false allegation. That's final now.

You accused me of "false allegations" before ... Called me a "liar" ... Remember??? ... Only to be made to look rather silly ... Do yaself a favour, have ya microwave meal for one and shut up

Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 9:21 PM

You accused me of "false allegations" before ... Called me a "liar" ... Remember???

Yes you've persistently made false allegations of me 'posting your home address' on this forum. It was false because you were lying about it. I told you in previous posts including the one on here to either put the matter to admin or withdraw your false allegation. How many more times do you need telling Antony?

Bulletguy - 2020-08-14 10:05 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-14 9:21 PM

You accused me of "false allegations" before ... Called me a "liar" ... Remember???

Yes you've persistently made false allegations of me 'posting your home address' on this forum. It was false because you were lying about it. I told you in previous posts including the one on here to either put the matter to admin or withdraw your false allegation. How many more times do you need telling Antony?

Try the thread 'Another Major Fail by the Mail' ... You post details about my address which you had obviously looked up through my business email ... Even one of your closet allies publicly says Im right to be concerned about your actions and informs me how you did it ... You lie again in your response just like you lied about calling me "Pansy Boy" ... Now off you run to the moderator

As I understand it the Moderators don't come near Chatterbox, so this interpersonal exchange between you two on this thread is pointless.

May I suggest that if you have a beef about misconduct then contact the Forum Administrator and stop making a public display of your disagreement.

Lordy you just on and on ... Princess I have shown to the whole forum you are a homophobe and a liar ... I need do nothing else ... Hate on

I can't speak for anyone else, but you have not shown that to me.

So you have not shown it to the 'whole forum'

So the proven liar is you

StuartO - 2020-08-15 8:08 AM

As I understand it the Moderators don't come near Chatterbox, so this interpersonal exchange between you two on this thread is pointless.

May I suggest that if you have a beef about misconduct then contact the Forum Administrator and stop making a public display of your disagreement.

I've invited him to do that many times Stuart and i'm sure you were aware of that.

jumpstart - 2020-08-14 1:28 PM…………………………….It’s interesting that they said turnout was a decisive factor with those who were likely to vote remain were also likely to not turn out to vote. So they only have themselves to blame.

The report does make interesting reading though.

If sticking with published media you are implying that all the papers listed in the report were reporting honestly. This therefore implies that their various contagious articles regarding immigration and Brexit was honest reporting. There are plenty of sound media online reporting ( excluding Facebook and Twitter of coarse).

Honestly? Oh no, I'd not go that far! :-D Leveson made clear how far the press selectively distorts and exaggerates. But by sticking with what is mainstream (which I guess would be a practical limitation in any case) at least they avoided the flaky extremes of social media chatter where any nut can claim whatever they want and broadly get away unchallenged. But it was interesting (though hardly surprising) to see confirmed which papers the majority of leave voters read. I think the remain camp failed at campaigning because they tried to appeal to reason, whereas the leave camp just went for the gut reaction.

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-15 5:28 PM

jumpstart - 2020-08-14 1:28 PM…………………………….It’s interesting that they said turnout was a decisive factor with those who were likely to vote remain were also likely to not turn out to vote. So they only have themselves to blame.

The report does make interesting reading though.

If sticking with published media you are implying that all the papers listed in the report were reporting honestly. This therefore implies that their various contagious articles regarding immigration and Brexit was honest reporting. There are plenty of sound media online reporting ( excluding Facebook and Twitter of coarse).

Honestly? Oh no, I'd not go that far! :-D Leveson made clear how far the press selectively distorts and exaggerates. But by sticking with what is mainstream (which I guess would be a practical limitation in any case) at least they avoided the flaky extremes of social media chatter where any nut can claim whatever they want and broadly get away unchallenged. But it was interesting (though hardly surprising) to see confirmed which papers the majority of leave voters read. I think the remain camp failed at campaigning because they tried to appeal to reason, whereas the leave camp just went for the gut reaction.

I don’t buy any printed media,but the variety of on line news outlet of reasonable standard is immense.

Al Jazeera , Reuters , ABC , CNN , Enening Standard , SKY , Axios , Metro.......it goes on . The report seems to ignore internet news.

It should be remembered that readership numbers of say the Sun , does not actually make a high proportion of the actual voters numbers.

Birdbrain - 2020-08-15 7:37 AM...…………………………..Try the thread 'Another Major Fail by the Mail' ... You post details about my address which you had obviously looked up through my business email ... Even one of your closet allies publicly says Im right to be concerned about your actions and informs me how you did it ... You lie again in your response just like you lied about calling me "Pansy Boy" ... Now off you run to the moderator

No address was given, only a mention of a distance from Huddersfield. I believe you've since moved? BTW, it is still there, under the name of your old company.

StuartO - 2020-08-15 8:08 AM

Unlike the fella in question I don't run off to teacher every time I get in a tizzy ... As for his conduct, well we have a fella that followed me on to the only other forum I used to take part in and he worked out who I was and noted down what I said and when I said it ... Hes also miraculously guessed right to the mile where I live outside Huddersfield and posted those details on here for all to see which goes against forum rules ... I was told at the time by two members on here he'd obviously got the info from my email address details and googled it, why would a member of a faceless motorhome forum feel the need to do that??? ... Add to that hes called me a liar etc and said I made up that he threw homophobic insults my way only to be shown he did we have a very strange fella dont we ???

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-15 6:44 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-15 7:37 AM...…………………………..Try the thread 'Another Major Fail by the Mail' ... You post details about my address which you had obviously looked up through my business email ... Even one of your closet allies publicly says Im right to be concerned about your actions and informs me how you did it ... You lie again in your response just like you lied about calling me "Pansy Boy" ... Now off you run to the moderator

No address was given, only a mention of a distance from Huddersfield. I believe you've since moved? BTW, it is still there, under the name of your old company.

So you've changed your mind since you said I should be "rightly concerned" by Bulletguys actions ???

Birdbrain - 2020-08-15 7:38 PM

So you've changed your mind since you said I should be "rightly concerned" by Bulletguys actions ???

You really can be a prize idiot at times, Antony! 8-) What I was trying to caution you about was linking your personal details to your forum avatar. You had phone number, address, business name etc all clearly linked. You were very grateful for the tip-off at the time. It seems you've since changed your mind. Why on earth did I bother? Bloody waste.

Brian Kirby - 2020-08-15 8:36 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-08-15 7:38 PM

You really can be a prize idiot at times, Antony! 8-) What I was trying to caution you about was linking your personal details to your forum avatar. You had phone number, address, business name etc all clearly linked. You were very grateful for the tip-off at the time. It seems you've since changed your mind. Why on earth did I bother? Bloody waste.

Brian I appreciated then and still do what you said at the time ... My business email was innocently used yes but to gain further info you had to delve deeper ... Why would you feel it necessary on a faceless forum to do so ??? Remember also the fella has followed me around on another forum, hid worked out who I am and taken details of what I say ... The actions of a sane person ??? ... Once again I was and still are very grateful for the tip-off

Archived