BoJo threatens to renege on legal obligations

John52

Birdbrain - 2020-09-08 7:21 PM

John52 - 2020-09-08 11:01 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-08 6:22 AM

John52 - 2020-09-08 5:08 AM

'A no deal would be the worst outcome for consumers. It would add hundreds of millions of pounds in tariffs to the cost of the food in British supermarkets, which would lead to higher prices and disproportionally hit the poorest households,” said Andrew Opie, director of food and sustainability at the British Retail Consortium.'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/07/leaked-eu-cables-reveal-mistrust-of-uk-motives-in-brexit-talks

But, as someone else said, BoJo would set the country on fire if his hands were cold.

Its all about him, not about us

So he seems to have realised he will never get the deal he promised us, and a no deal would be less damaging for him than a bum deal.

He can't blame a bum deal on others because he would have agreed to it.

But he can blame a no deal on the EU - because the tax avoiding £billionaire newspaper owners controlling the media will do that to get us out of the EU before an wide tax treaty gets into Her Majesty's Tax Havens and makes them pay tax.

They have already brainwashed pelmet into thinking a no-deal will be good for him.

The Guardian headline "Leaked EU cables reveal growing mistrust of UK in Brexit talks" ... No names given, no departments etc etc just a load of guff which is lets be fair typical of that rag ... Sloppy journalism lapped up lovingly by the gullible ... If you want to know anything about Brexit then Barry with his inside government source is the place to go

The situation we are in now is that we are still bound by EU law, and still have to make EU contributions. The only difference is that we no longer have a seat at the table, so have no say or don't even get to hear what is being decided for us in the meetings we are now shut out of - all so BoJo could pretend we have left the EU.

The Guardian is probably doing its best to find out what is going on. But with no official channels left open. And yes, 'No names given, no departments etc etc' because real journalists protects their sources. What else can they do? Where can they go to find out what is being decided for us in the meetings we are now shut out of?

- all because BoJo wanted to be able to pretend we have left the EU.

Tell us please. where can they get their information from about what is being decided for us, and communicated to all the other 27 countries but not Britain?

Time for you to change the subject and revert to your default mode of name calling, public bins etc

Chuckle ... You bring up 'name calling" and "public bins" and blame me ... Strange fella

I'll try again *-)

Tell us please. where can they get their information from about what is being decided for us, and communicated to all the other 27 countries but not Britain?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StuartO - 2020-09-07 10:01 AM

well done Boris.

Well it looks like the Americans won't want to trade with us either

so who will?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/08/brexit-northern-ireland-us-uk-trade-deal

Democratic officials also said that if Boris Johnson proceeded with legislation that his own government admits would break international law, it would call into question the UK’s trustworthiness as a partner.

jumpstart - 2020-09-09 9:37 AM

Ah,yes...and how many international agreements has Trump backed out off?

Trump is head of the worlds biggest economy and military power so can call the shots

Which Britain used to be

And Land of Home & Glory Brexiteers seem to think still is *-)

You are right Trump has reneged on agreements as I have no doubt he will do with BoJo if it suits him.

Difference is the world still has to trade with the US, wheras it doesn't have to trade with the UK.

What has the UK got that they can't get from a country that honours its agreements?

They own our power and water supplies, and most of our industries, so we need them more than they need us.

In any case, Trump could be ousted soon.

And replaced with an honourable person who takes a very dim view of the UK reneging on agreements.

John52 - 2020-09-09 8:32 AM

well done Boris.

so who will?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/08/brexit-northern-ireland-us-uk-trade-deal

Democratic officials also said that if Boris Johnson proceeded with legislation that his own government admits would break international law, it would call into question the UK’s trustworthiness as a partner.

Well at least we wont have to eat any of that dodgy chicken! So you have to ask why is Johnson deliberately scuppering both a deal with the EU and a deal with the USA? What can it be?

I think they fancy themselves as Singapore on Thames. A low tax, low spend and low regulation regime. Launder the worlds money (Well they do that for the Russians already), get shot of public services etc. London will probably thrive and the rest of us plebs including all the Brexiteers (Well especially them) can just live off the land and hope they dont get sick or something.

What other explanation can there be? 8-)

Barryd999 - 2020-09-09 10:24 AM

John52 - 2020-09-09 8:32 AM

well done Boris.

so who will?

Well at least we wont have to eat any of that dodgy chicken! So you have to ask why is Johnson deliberately scuppering both a deal with the EU and a deal with the USA? What can it be?

I think they fancy themselves as Singapore on Thames. A low tax, low spend and low regulation regime. Launder the worlds money (Well they do that for the Russians already), get shot of public services etc. London will probably thrive and the rest of us plebs including all the Brexiteers (Well especially them) can just live off the land and hope they dont get sick or something.

Well its certainly low tax for the £billionaire 'newspaper' owners domiciled in Her Majesty's Tax Havens, promoting BoJo & Brexit to keep it themselves out of an EU wide Tax Treaty.

But someone else is going to pay tax for all the money BoJo is spaffing around to his Cronies.

BoJo is milking the job for all its worth

Guest pelmetman

You Bitter & Twisted Losers need to get a life ;-) ........

Brexit Blighty will do great inspite of our Loser drag anchor B-) ........

Which will prolly annoy you LOSERS even more >:-) .......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.3b06659c3dd14f2ec92996e413e3183b.jpg

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-09 4:20 PM

pelmetman - 2020-09-09 4:08 PM

Brexit Blighty will do great ....

You should explain how to the international investors who are taking their money out - driving the pound down

Driving the pound down? :-S ........

The pound has been hovering around the same few EU cents since 2016 *-) ......

If YOU cant afford to cope with that ;-) ........

I should ring up that dodgy Nigerian who has invested your money >:-) ........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.2e8149968eb4c2d4068234f9fc6f88f2.jpg

LOL! not bitter and twisted me. My long term Brexit and Covid survival plan is pretty much complete and its worked out much better than I expected. You sound a bit like the frothing at the mouth rabid Brexiteers in our local MP's Facebook group. Most of them havent got a pot to piss in but are avidly urging our MP on to back the hardest Brexit possible despite warnings from the governments own figures that a no deal Brexit will lay waste most of the north east. They, like you are just barking mad. I shall have no sympathy whatsoever for them when they lose everything.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-09 5:05 PM

LOL! not bitter and twisted me. My long term Brexit and Covid survival plan is pretty much complete and its worked out much better than I expected. You sound a bit like the frothing at the mouth rabid Brexiteers in our local MP's Facebook group. Most of them havent got a pot to piss in but are avidly urging our MP on to back the hardest Brexit possible despite warnings from the governments own figures that a no deal Brexit will lay waste most of the north east. They, like you are just barking mad. I shall have no sympathy whatsoever for them when they lose everything.

Come off it Barry ;-) .......I've made the mistake of listening to your dirges 8-) ..........

You are Deffo one Bitter & Twisted Loser >:-) ........

There's a lot of you folk about :D ........

Which is prolly why you think your not (lol)........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.1cb7c9086a2bda326d8582b3bba19b2f.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-09 5:34 PM

Come off it Barry ;-) .......I've made the mistake of listening to your dirges 8-) ..........

Have you ever heard a political or protest song that isnt angry? Its kind of the point. You are obsessed with calling people losers I notice. I think one doth protest too much! Perhaps its you thats always been the loser and maybe despite the now monumental amount of evidence that Brexit is a crock of sh1t you have to cling onto it just so you can say you finally "won" something. Bit sad.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-09 5:47 PM

Have you ever heard a political or protest song that isnt angry? Its kind of the point. You are obsessed with calling people losers I notice. I think one doth protest too much! Perhaps its you thats always been the loser and maybe despite the now monumental amount of evidence that Brexit is a crock of sh1t you have to cling onto it just so you can say you finally "won" something. Bit sad.

We protest too much? 8-) 8-) 8-) ............

You Losers have been bitching since 2016 FFS! *-) ........

Remind me of an election when that happened? ;-) ........

Better still remind me of an election when the winning party won 52% of the vote (?) ........

Or even better still when you Losers managed to ensure the party you HATE got a 80 seat majority >:-) .......

Keep on hating ......and...... Losing LOSER (lol) .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.22cbfaed701d7f88e25241cb6b22723b.jpg

pelmetman - 2020-09-09 5:56 PM

Better still remind me of an election when the winning party won 52% of the vote (?) ........

Or even better still when you Losers managed to ensure the party you HATE got a 80 seat majority >:-) .......

As usual, completely over your head.

Never mind. Carrying on "winning" Dave. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-09 6:31 PM

If it's gone over my head ;-) ...........

Then that's mean you've missed again :D ........

pelmetman - 2020-09-09 6:38 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-09 6:31 PM

If it's gone over my head ;-) ...........

Then that's mean you've missed again :D ........

gone through your head

In one ear and out the other with nothing inside to stop it :-S

This link explains why BoJo's Brexit bill is an ''eye-watering' breach of international law'

Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the US House of Representatives, warned there will be “absolutely no chance” of a US-UK trade deal if (BoJo) presses ahead with the move.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/09/brexit-bill-northern-ireland-criticised-as-obvious-breach-of-international-law

I can't

I can only remind you of an unlawful non binding referendum where Brexiteers got 52%, and Nigel Farage had said he would want another referendum if the vote was that close and had gone against him.

But since you said election, I can remind you of another election where a dictator won a majority of the seats with a minority of the vote like BoJo

That was Adolf Hitler in 1933

I've asked you this before but got no answer, so I'll try again.

Were the people who were conned into voting for Hitler Winners?

or Losers?

pelmetman - 2020-09-09 4:30 PM

John52 - 2020-09-09 4:20 PM

Brexit Blighty will do great ....

You should explain how to the international investors who are taking their money out - driving the pound down

Driving the pound down? :-S ........

The pound has been hovering around the same few EU cents since 2016 *-) ......

If YOU cant afford to cope with that ;-) ........

I should ring up that dodgy Nigerian who has invested your money >:-) ........

As I've told you before, the Euro is affected by Brexit too, so so a sensible comparison would be with a currency that is not affected, like the US dollar. The Euro fell too on the Brexit referendum, though not as much as the pound so the markets are in no doubt who will come off worse. The pound has never recovered to the level it was before the Brexit referendum.

And I can afford to cope with that because I have over 90% in $ investments

likely to benefit from Brexit as Trump uses Brexit to divide and rule to America's advantage.

John52 - 2020-09-08 7:28 PM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-08 7:21 PM

John52 - 2020-09-08 11:01 AM

Birdbrain - 2020-09-08 6:22 AM

John52 - 2020-09-08 5:08 AM

'A no deal would be the worst outcome for consumers. It would add hundreds of millions of pounds in tariffs to the cost of the food in British supermarkets, which would lead to higher prices and disproportionally hit the poorest households,” said Andrew Opie, director of food and sustainability at the British Retail Consortium.'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/07/leaked-eu-cables-reveal-mistrust-of-uk-motives-in-brexit-talks

But, as someone else said, BoJo would set the country on fire if his hands were cold.

Its all about him, not about us

So he seems to have realised he will never get the deal he promised us, and a no deal would be less damaging for him than a bum deal.

He can't blame a bum deal on others because he would have agreed to it.

But he can blame a no deal on the EU - because the tax avoiding £billionaire newspaper owners controlling the media will do that to get us out of the EU before an wide tax treaty gets into Her Majesty's Tax Havens and makes them pay tax.

They have already brainwashed pelmet into thinking a no-deal will be good for him.

The Guardian headline "Leaked EU cables reveal growing mistrust of UK in Brexit talks" ... No names given, no departments etc etc just a load of guff which is lets be fair typical of that rag ... Sloppy journalism lapped up lovingly by the gullible ... If you want to know anything about Brexit then Barry with his inside government source is the place to go

The situation we are in now is that we are still bound by EU law, and still have to make EU contributions. The only difference is that we no longer have a seat at the table, so have no say or don't even get to hear what is being decided for us in the meetings we are now shut out of - all so BoJo could pretend we have left the EU.

The Guardian is probably doing its best to find out what is going on. But with no official channels left open. And yes, 'No names given, no departments etc etc' because real journalists protects their sources. What else can they do? Where can they go to find out what is being decided for us in the meetings we are now shut out of?

- all because BoJo wanted to be able to pretend we have left the EU.

Time for you to change the subject and revert to your default mode of name calling, public bins etc

Chuckle ... You bring up 'name calling" and "public bins" and blame me ... Strange fella

I'll try again *-)

Still no answer?

The fact that not one of the other 27 countries are telling us what is going on shows how united they are.

Apparently they have been told BoJo has already broken international law by going through the first stages, like conspiracy to commit a crime is also a crime. Leaving Britain liable to financial penalties, and sanctions, as a pariah state

Trade deals?

We're reneging on our agreements and want you to sign up to more

now expecting a queue of countries wanting to break international sanctions and sign a deal with a liar and a crook *-)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/10/fears-grow-that-uk-is-preparing-to-quit-brexit-talks

BoJo.jpg.f4e759da1761a19635097798f3cbe984.jpg

John52 - 2020-09-09 10:50 PM

This link explains why BoJo's Brexit bill is an ''eye-watering' breach of international law'

Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the US House of Representatives, warned there will be “absolutely no chance” of a US-UK trade deal if (BoJo) presses ahead with the move.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/09/brexit-bill-northern-ireland-criticised-as-obvious-breach-of-international-law

These are the international agreements Trump has pulled out off.

Intermediate range nuclear forces treaty.

Paris Climate change agreement.

Trans Pacific Partnership.

South Korea trade deal.

NAFTA

UNESCO.

UN Human rights council

Iran nuclear deal.

jumpstart - 2020-09-10 5:40 PM

What he is scuppering is any chance of re election. He seems to daily put his foot in it.

Most of the Tory party has realised the mess BoJo is making, so his personal popularity has already plummeted. By the time of the next election even pelmetman might realise the mess BoJo has made, so he will lose the election anyway - if he hasn't already been ousted.

So BoJo is just milking the job for all its worth, spaffing our money around to his cronies, and filling the absurdly over-populated House of Lords with even more of them so plenty will owe him favours when he goes.

jumpstart - 2020-09-10 6:15 PM

John52 - 2020-09-09 10:50 PM

These are the international agreements Trump has pulled out off.

Intermediate range nuclear forces treaty.

Paris Climate change agreement.

Trans Pacific Partnership.

South Korea trade deal.

NAFTA

UNESCO.

UN Human rights council

Iran nuclear deal.

Yes but as I said earlier;

Trump gets away with it because he is head of the world's biggest power

Which Britain used to be, and the Land of Hope and Glory Brexiteers think Britain still is *-)

Archived