BoJo threatens to renege on legal obligations

John52

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2020-09-11 7:18 PM

Their actions will lead to 10 years of Labour Government.

Hopefully I'll be dead or have dementia by then :-| ........

jumpstart - 2020-09-11 5:54 PM

Even decisions on COVID are unlikely to be adhered by anyone any more. One of their own MP’s says changing the law every 2 minutes has to stop.

People I speak to don't even know what the latest rules are as they change so often.

And even if they do know - how can they take covid advice from a clown who was amongst the first to catch it himself?

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2020-09-11 7:32 PM

Even decisions on COVID are unlikely to be adhered by anyone any more. One of their own MP’s says changing the law every 2 minutes has to stop.

People I speak to don't even know what the latest rules are as they change so often.

And even if they do know - how can they take covid advice from a clown who was amongst the first to catch it himself?

You obviously speak to people with no common sense *-) .........

BTW we may of had it months ago in Spain ;-) .........

Well before it became an headline on the BBC 8-) .......

John52 - 2020-09-11 7:32 PM

Rules changed in Scotland yesterday n'all

Guest pelmetman
pelmetman - 2020-09-11 6:55 PM

jumpstart - 2020-09-11 6:49 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-09-11 6:35 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 5:30 PM

jumpstart - 2020-09-11 5:07 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-09-11 3:37 PM

jumpstart - 2020-09-11 2:55 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 2:37 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-09-11 2:07 PM

jumpstart - 2020-09-10 6:15 PM

John52 - 2020-09-09 10:50 PM

This link explains why BoJo's Brexit bill is an ''eye-watering' breach of international law'

Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the US House of Representatives, warned there will be “absolutely no chance” of a US-UK trade deal if (BoJo) presses ahead with the move.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/09/brexit-bill-northern-ireland-criticised-as-obvious-breach-of-international-law

These are the international agreements Trump has pulled out off.

Intermediate range nuclear forces treaty.

Paris Climate change agreement.

Trans Pacific Partnership.

South Korea trade deal.

NAFTA

UNESCO.

UN Human rights council

Iran nuclear deal.

All the more reason Britain needs to forget US as a trading partner, at least as long as that clown is President though the way Johnsons lot is behaving over Ireland, US won't deal with us anyway. Worth remembering Trump is an IRA fanboy and there are a lot of Irish-Americans.

Pelosi has stated that there is no chance of a trade deal with the USA if the UK breaks its agreement over Northern Ireland

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/10/politics/nancy-pelosi-brexit-congress-uk-gbr-intl/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0WGFtwR4Ho0oOQVjbPvQ04xk_JThMfEk7bIIGqrwUV-UQamkvN_XfQgFg

Now the EU are threatening the nuclear option as well which pretty much means banning our exports into Europe.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brussels-threatens-to-ban-food-imports-in-no-deal-brexit-w5p59nzhq?fbclid=IwAR0WGFtwR4Ho0oOQVjbPvQ04xk_JThMfEk7bIIGqrwUV-UQamkvN_XfQgFg

I guess some Brexiteers will say its all bluff and bluster and the EU will do no such thing but who has the most to lose and who will be hit the hardest? So far they have been wrong and the EU has not caved in at all like they said they would. What was the phrase? Oh yeah, "They need us more than we need them". Something about holding all the cards I seem to remember. Well the Joker perhaps. (Johnson)

The EU May no5 be bothered about having a deal but the individual countries are.. Germany’s BMW’s and Merc’s will be 20% more, fish stock will increase because they won’t be allowed to fish on our waters,the list goes on. The Eu don’t ask other nations in trade deals to use their sovereign waters,or be tied to Eu limits of government subsidies to industry. It may not be doing us any good but it certainly won’t be doing them any good either. Mutual assured destruction.

J/start.......an indepth detailed report.......recommended reading.

The German car industry and Brexit

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-german-car-industry-and-brexit.html

That is another personal view but did not talk about the point that I made concerning selling price of cars imported. There are quite a few articles on line from German car makers specifically detailing how bad for them a no deal would be.

Yes it will be but not anywhere near the level of "bad" it will be for us. The EU will not sacrifice the stability and security of the single market, its as simple as that. This was the gamble the Brexiteers took and it looks right now that its a gamble that wont pay off. Its not the EU being difficult or punishing us. They have to protect their single market for all its members. Germany will survive as will all the other countries within the EU. The UK however faces a very bleak future the way things look at the moment. Just "believing" in Britain and Brexit doesnt cut the mustard anymore. The time has come to deliver and Johnson to put it as politely as possible is fcuked as is the countries economy if he is allowed to carry on in the reckless way he is currently.

I wish we could all get out of this competition of ..who it is worst for...It’s bad all round, the uk Government is making a horses arse of it all. The Eu is an expensive mess. It would be good if we had a competent visionary leader..but we don’t. We have a witches brew of poison dwarfs(sorry)

Brexit took us into the mess.....not out of it, and i don't know how you conclude the EU being "an expensive mess" when Brexit has cost the British tax payer more than what we paid out during the past 47 years as a member!! And we wonder why we are the laughing stock of the world? People had plenty of warnings about Johnson but they ignored them in preference to hearing about sunlit uplands and his oven ready deal etc.

I’m not really interested in the cost as it’s where we end up in the long run. I have no interest in trying to change your view of the Eu,but there are plenty even within Europe who don’t see it as a rosy picture. I’m not a supporter of Johnson perhaps you should have voted for Corbyn and then we wouldn’t be in this mess.

"perhaps you should have voted for Corbyn"

You mean he didn't?????????????????????

8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-).......

Bump......

So did Bullet vote Corbyn or not? ;-) .........

C'mon Dumb Dumb man up for once in your life >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2020-09-11 6:33 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 6:31 PM

pelmetman - 2020-09-11 5:35 PM

This link explains why BoJo's Brexit bill is an ''eye-watering' breach of international law'

Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the US House of Representatives, warned there will be “absolutely no chance” of a US-UK trade deal if (BoJo) presses ahead with the move.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/09/brexit-bill-northern-ireland-criticised-as-obvious-breach-of-international-law

South Korea trade deal.

NAFTA

UNESCO.

UN Human rights council

Iran nuclear deal.

All the more reason Britain needs to forget US as a trading partner, at least as long as that clown is President though the way Johnsons lot is behaving over Ireland, US won't deal with us anyway. Worth remembering Trump is an IRA fanboy and there are a lot of Irish-Americans.

Pelosi has stated that there is no chance of a trade deal with the USA if the UK breaks its agreement over Northern Ireland

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/09/10/politics/nancy-pelosi-brexit-congress-uk-gbr-intl/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0WGFtwR4Ho0oOQVjbPvQ04xk_JThMfEk7bIIGqrwUV-UQamkvN_XfQgFg

Now the EU are threatening the nuclear option as well which pretty much means banning our exports into Europe.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brussels-threatens-to-ban-food-imports-in-no-deal-brexit-w5p59nzhq?fbclid=IwAR0WGFtwR4Ho0oOQVjbPvQ04xk_JThMfEk7bIIGqrwUV-UQamkvN_XfQgFg

I guess some Brexiteers will say its all bluff and bluster and the EU will do no such thing but who has the most to lose and who will be hit the hardest? So far they have been wrong and the EU has not caved in at all like they said they would. What was the phrase? Oh yeah, "They need us more than we need them". Something about holding all the cards I seem to remember. Well the Joker perhaps. (Johnson)

The EU May no5 be bothered about having a deal but the individual countries are.. Germany’s BMW’s and Merc’s will be 20% more, fish stock will increase because they won’t be allowed to fish on our waters,the list goes on. The Eu don’t ask other nations in trade deals to use their sovereign waters,or be tied to Eu limits of government subsidies to industry. It may not be doing us any good but it certainly won’t be doing them any good either. Mutual assured destruction.

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2017/07/the-german-car-industry-and-brexit.html

That is another personal view but did not talk about the point that I made concerning selling price of cars imported. There are quite a few articles on line from German car makers specifically detailing how bad for them a no deal would be.

Yes it will be but not anywhere near the level of "bad" it will be for us. The EU will not sacrifice the stability and security of the single market, its as simple as that. This was the gamble the Brexiteers took and it looks right now that its a gamble that wont pay off. Its not the EU being difficult or punishing us. They have to protect their single market for all its members. Germany will survive as will all the other countries within the EU. The UK however faces a very bleak future the way things look at the moment. Just "believing" in Britain and Brexit doesnt cut the mustard anymore. The time has come to deliver and Johnson to put it as politely as possible is fcuked as is the countries economy if he is allowed to carry on in the reckless way he is currently.

So suddenly Flip Flop Barry decides he wants to eat chlorinated chicken? 8-) .........

Nope. It was you Brexiteers that were putting all your hopes on a US trade deal. Im simply pointing out that if Johnson breaks his own Oven Ready Brexit deal you can kiss goodbye to any of that.

Nope.......I was always happy with WTO rules ;-) .......

Best start with a clean slate has always been my view B-) .......

You will have to take that Union Flag down then as it will be the end of the UK if that is what happens.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 9:46 PM

pelmetman - 2020-09-11 6:33 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-09-11 6:31 PM

pelmetman - 2020-09-11 5:35 PM

South Korea trade deal.

NAFTA

UNESCO.

UN Human rights council

Iran nuclear deal.

So suddenly Flip Flop Barry decides he wants to eat chlorinated chicken? 8-) .........

Nope. It was you Brexiteers that were putting all your hopes on a US trade deal. Im simply pointing out that if Johnson breaks his own Oven Ready Brexit deal you can kiss goodbye to any of that.

Nope.......I was always happy with WTO rules ;-) .......

Best start with a clean slate has always been my view B-) .......

You will have to take that Union Flag down then as it will be the end of the UK if that is what happens.

Nah........We'll just rename it the Un Union Jack :D .........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.0852481d958c2b71c0d9b067a2d91d6f.jpg

John52 - 2020-09-12 6:11 AM

Looks like BoJo is lining up his excuse for his Brexit being a disaster.

Blame it on those who obey international law

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/11/brussels-could-carve-up-uk-if-tories-reject-brexit-bill-says-johnson

The internal market bill could break the Vienna convention.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/sep/11/brexit-override-plan-would-breach-vienna-convention-qc-says

Surely people will now see him for the con man he is.

Boasted in the run up to the election that his deal was a great deal and oven ready after a year previously he said such a deal would lead to the break up of the UK and both he and TM said no PM would ever sign such a deal. Then a year later that is exactly what he did and then declared it "oven ready".

Now surprise surprise it seems he didnt know what he was signing up for (sounds familiar that). Odd as it was "his" Oven Ready Deal. Get Brexit done!!! Not done then.

Even if BoJo did know he was lying I doubt if he cares - he was just saying whatever people wanted to hear to get elected.

I feel for the police officers, and others at the sharp end trying to enforce BoJo's ever changing rules on large drunken mobs.

How can the police tell people to respect the law when the Prime Minister doesn't?

The police are not as perfect as they are shown in fly on the wall TV programmes - because they decide which TV company gets to film them and what they can show.

But where would we be without the police?

They are far more use to me than BoJo, for sure.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-13 5:22 PM

Tweet of the day. (lol)

Your Twit wont load ;-) ........and who the f*ck is David Schneider? :-S ........

P1010899.JPG.3787999bc69d89b33aae5690078a4cee.JPG

pelmetman - 2020-09-13 5:43 PM

Tweet of the day. (lol)

Your Twit wont load ;-) ........and who the f*ck is David Schneider? :-S ........

How can you not know who David Schneider is? Comedian, Actor, Director. The Day to Day, Alan Partridge?

Here is the tweet.

1789387436_davidschneidermostexcellenttweetforPelmetwhodoesntknowwhothefuckheisbecauseheisaknob.jpg.d618678c98e2965be35f034771fd1023.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-13 6:00 PM

pelmetman - 2020-09-13 5:43 PM

Tweet of the day. (lol)

How can you not know who David Schneider is? Comedian, Actor, Director. The Day to Day, Alan Partridge?

Here is the tweet.

Nope......never heard of him :-| .......

Or Day to Day? :-S ......

Was he in Dads Army?.......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.1490f751b03df08d0ada88782eefe062.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2020-09-13 6:46 PM

From the 90s. Really funny and ahead of its time.

Its where Alan Partridge was first seen. I presume you have heard of him?

All on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=the+day+today

Is he that bloke that you clever blokes thinks is portraying us thick blokes? ;-) ........

Just askin? >:-) .......

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.6609769c3bd327e07239147d537f9d5a.jpg

This is the best comment I have seen on the subject;

bettycallmeal

4 hours ago

Guardian Pick

Starmer is playing it exactly right on Brexit.

At the moment, the Tories are tearing themselves apart over it. All their grandees and an increasing number of their current MPs are fighting the government, which has already admitted to being willing to break a law they themselves signed.

As soon as Starmer chimes in, it gives the Tories something to coalesce around, and makes Labour's Brexit position the story rather than the Tory position. Johnson gets to stop tyin himself in knots defending himself, and gets to attack Starmer as a Remainer. That's exactly where Johnson wants to be, and exactly where he is at his best.

Starmer is rightly focusing on government incompetence. As the government muddles its way through crisis after crisis, he should keep going.

Whether we get a deal or not is nothing to do with Labour. It's a Tory issue from start to finish. Starmer getting involved won't increase the chances of a deal to save the country. It will embolden the Leavers.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/14/starmer-johnson-brexit-no-deal-british-economy#comment-143729723

chosen by the Guardian as a top pick even though it disagrees with their own article

John52 - 2020-09-14 5:23 PM

This is the best comment I have seen on the subject;

bettycallmeal

4 hours ago

Guardian Pick

Starmer is playing it exactly right on Brexit.

At the moment, the Tories are tearing themselves apart over it. All their grandees and an increasing number of their current MPs are fighting the government, which has already admitted to being willing to break a law they themselves signed.

As soon as Starmer chimes in, it gives the Tories something to coalesce around, and makes Labour's Brexit position the story rather than the Tory position. Johnson gets to stop tyin himself in knots defending himself, and gets to attack Starmer as a Remainer. That's exactly where Johnson wants to be, and exactly where he is at his best.

Starmer is rightly focusing on government incompetence. As the government muddles its way through crisis after crisis, he should keep going.

Whether we get a deal or not is nothing to do with Labour. It's a Tory issue from start to finish. Starmer getting involved won't increase the chances of a deal to save the country. It will embolden the Leavers.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/14/starmer-johnson-brexit-no-deal-british-economy#comment-143729723

chosen by the Guardian as a top pick even though it disagrees with their own article

I would agree. The battle to either stop Brexit, have a second referendum or a softer more sensible Brexit was lost at the end of 2019. Just let them get on with it now as it will soon become apparent why remainers fought so hard for so long to stop this train wreck. We failed and now its nobody elses problem but the Brexiteers and the Tories. With an 80 seat majority its not even worth trying to start a rebellion within Parliament.

Buckle up as they say. Its gonna get bumpy.

Archived