How NASTY can EU be?..........

Guest pelmetman

jumpstart - 2021-01-29 12:25 PM

Ooops....

Daily Mail: EU is caught out AGAIN as it negotiates for Teesside-produced Novavax vaccine while 'Brexit Brits' secured 60million doses in AUGUST - as Brussels publishes AstraZeneca contract amid jabs row.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9201267/EU-vaccine-Europe-negotiating-Novavax-jabs-UK-bought-five-months-ago.html

As the Teesside plant is run by FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies who are "a leading contract development and manufacturing organization" with plants worldwide including in the EU at Hillerød, Denmark, I don't think it will be long before the manufacturing is ramped up elsewhere - it already is in the States.

Despite the Daily Wail flag waving this isn't a British vaccine for British people, its a American vaccine that various plants worldwide will be licensed to produce.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Metro.co.uk: AstraZeneca removes wind from Sturgeon’s sails and publishes EU contract.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/29/astrazeneca-publishes-covid-vaccine-contract-with-eu-following-threats-13987018/

So the EU might want to reduce or control supplies to Uk from EU. Guess what the UK will do..... the same to supplies to the EU.

Next up... Trade War....

jumpstart - 2021-01-29 1:07 PM

Metro.co.uk: AstraZeneca removes wind from Sturgeon’s sails and publishes EU contract.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/01/29/astrazeneca-publishes-covid-vaccine-contract-with-eu-following-threats-13987018/

So the EU might want to reduce or control supplies to Uk from EU. Guess what the UK will do..... the same to supplies to the EU.

Next up... Trade War....

Sturgeon was not talking about releasing the contract details, she is talking about the actual availability of vaccine doses.

Next up... Trade War....

You make that sounds like a good thing. 8-) Its the last thing anyone needs right now. What happens if we run out of Pfizer jabs because of such a fall out and millions of vulnerable people do not get their second jab? Its not Woolworths pick n mix, you cant just give them any old vaccine, although I do believe the Tories did suggest that at one point.

This is about the best effort I have seen so far to get to the bottom of the fall out by an FT legal eagle.

https://davidallengreen.com/2021/01/what-can-be-worked-out-about-the-best-efforts-clause-in-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-supply-agreement/

Its all a bit questionable at the moment as the arguments seems to stem around a "best effort" Clause but the EU's argument could be that "best effort" does not cover diverted capacity as opposed to lack of capacity.

Barryd999 - 2021-01-29 4:10 PM

Next up... Trade War....

You make that sounds like a good thing. 8-) Its the last thing anyone needs right now. What happens if we run out of Pfizer jabs because of such a fall out and millions of vulnerable people do not get their second jab? Its not Woolworths pick n mix, you cant just give them any old vaccine, although I do believe the Tories did suggest that at one point.

This is about the best effort I have seen so far to get to the bottom of the fall out by an FT legal eagle.

https://davidallengreen.com/2021/01/what-can-be-worked-out-about-the-best-efforts-clause-in-the-astrazeneca-vaccine-supply-agreement/

Its all a bit questionable at the moment as the arguments seems to stem around a "best effort" Clause but the EU's argument could be that "best effort" does not cover diverted capacity as opposed to lack of capacity.

It's just a simple fact that if the EU decide to hold up export of the vaccine,we can do the same.

jumpstart - 2021-01-29 4:20 PM

Next up... Trade War....

It's just a simple fact that if the EU decide to hold up export of the vaccine,we can do the same.

So for the sake of getting one over the EU you'd willingly put those BioNtech patients Barry mentioned who still have to receive their second dosage of vaccine? 8-)

This nonsense has to end now before more people get killed. :-|

Bulletguy - 2021-01-29 4:31 PM

Next up... Trade War....

So for the sake of getting one over the EU you'd willingly put those BioNtech patients Barry mentioned who still have to receive their second dosage of vaccine? 8-)

Not sure quite what you are talking about.

I’m just pointing out the options.

I agree it is all nonsense , EU caught with trousers down. Support for Brussels will drop like a stone nodoubt.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-01-29 12:40 PM

pelmetman - 2021-01-29 8:28 AM...................................................You hate us Brexiteers being proved right (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Hmmmmmm. Proved right about what, exactly?

Keep up Grandad :D ........

We are in a Pandemic 8-) ........

Who is winning the Vaccine war? ;-) .......

Then ask yourself who is likely to recover from the Chinky Flu recession first? :D .........

Brexit Blighty......Or the EU Empire (?) .........

Guest pelmetman

Next up... Trade War....

Which also begs the question ;-) ......

That if the Fourth Reich says OUR vaccine doesn't work? :D ........

Why are they demanding we send it too the EU? >:-) .......

pelmetman - 2021-01-29 6:12 PM

pelmetman - 2021-01-29 8:28 AM...................................................You hate us Brexiteers being proved right (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Then ask yourself who is likely to recover from the Chinky Flu recession first? :D .........

Proving[.b] what, exactly?

jumpstart - 2021-01-29 4:35 PM

Next up... Trade War....

I agree it is all nonsense , EU caught with trousers down. Support for Brussels will drop like a stone nodoubt.

You shouldn't need this spelling out as i'd thought it obvious.....some BioNTech patients have only received their first jab so are still waiting their final so need the doors to be kept open. Fanning the flame of this silly nationalistic jingoistic nonsense will do us no favour at all and has to stop. I don't see any reason why support for Brussels should "drop like a stone" either. It might for UK if AZ don't honour their contract. And we should bear in mind the EU is our largest trading partner we rely very heavily on with import/export. UK has been damaged enough already through the wrecking ball of Brexit.

Brian Kirby - 2021-01-29 6:58 PM

Proving what, exactly?

I think you'll have a long wait......his organ grinder has gone awol so Pelmet spends little time here now. Haven't you noticed how pleasant the atmosphere in CB has been over the past few days? :-D

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2021-01-29 7:22 PM

Proving what, exactly?

I think you'll have a long wait......his organ grinder has gone awol so Pelmet spends little time here now. Haven't you noticed how pleasant the atmosphere in CB has been over the past few days? :-D

You have obviously been sniffing too much of your own Bulletsh*t >:-) .........

Guest pelmetman

Proving[.b] what, exactly?

That Brexit is the best thing to happen to this country since sliced bread ;-) ..........

Although I dont expect you to thank us for ensuring YOU get your jab before EU Grandads *-) .......

Bulletguy - 2021-01-29 7:18 PM

Next up... Trade War....

You shouldn't need this spelling out as i'd thought it obvious.....some BioNTech patients have only received their first jab so are still waiting their final so need the doors to be kept open. Fanning the flame of this silly nationalistic jingoistic nonsense will do us no favour at all and has to stop. I don't see any reason why support for Brussels should "drop like a stone" either. It might for UK if AZ don't honour their contract. And we should bear in mind the EU is our largest trading partner we rely very heavily on with import/export. UK has been damaged enough already through the wrecking ball of Brexit.

Don't agree with you at all , just because Eu is a trading partner is no reason at all to agree to anything they say or want. Where would we get if we did that to everyone.

jumpstart - 2021-01-29 7:31 PM

Next up... Trade War....

Don't agree with you at all , just because Eu is a trading partner is no reason at all to agree to anything they say or want. Where would we get if we did that to everyone.

I think you need reconsider (again) very carefully the situation I mentioned regards the BioNTech patients. You need to put your anti-EU sentiments aside for a moment to allow the mist to clear.

pelmetman - 2021-01-29 7:28 PM

Proving what, exactly?

That Brexit is the best thing to happen to this country since sliced bread ;-) ..........

Have you told all the Honda and Ford employees losing their jobs, some their homes, about this little nugget of yours? When are you going to grow a pair and tell them "Brexit is the best thing that happened to them" after they've lost their job and home? Then there's the fishing industry your pal Johnson threw under the bus for his 'deal' and Fishermens Fraud Farage ran off from.....you can go and tell them "Brexit is the best thing that happened to them".

Bulletguy - 2021-01-29 7:52 PM

jumpstart - 2021-01-29 7:31 PM

Next up... Trade War....

I think you need reconsider (again) very carefully the situation I mentioned regards the BioNTech patients. You need to put your anti-EU sentiments aside for a moment to allow the mist to clear.

Ive reconsidered the situation ......and i am not very concerned with us getting the vaccine we’ve ordered.

Ian McCubbin, the manufacturing lead for the UK's Vaccine Taskforce said that the “vast majority” of the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine will be manufactured in the UK.

AstraZeneca also has some plants in Europe, with sites in Germany and the Netherlands producing the jab - these were the first to be rolled out in the UK.

There are production sites making the vaccine in Oxford and Keele with parts of the process being completed in Wrexham.

And parts of the Pfizer vaccine are being made in East Yorkshire.

Biotech company Valneva announced in January that it has begun manufacturing a Covid-19 vaccine at its plant in Livingston, West Lothian. The UK government has pre-ordered 60 million doses of the vaccine, which is still going through clinical trials.

As far as im concerned we should take a very tough line with the EU. Brussels are saturated with incompetence are are trying to dig there way out of a hole of their making.

Riots in Netherland will just be the start.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2021-01-29 8:05 PM

pelmetman - 2021-01-29 7:28 PM

Proving what, exactly?

Have you told all the Honda and Ford employees losing their jobs, some their homes, about this little nugget of yours? When are you going to grow a pair and tell them "Brexit is the best thing that happened to them" after they've lost their job and home? Then there's the fishing industry your pal Johnson threw under the bus for his 'deal' and Fishermens Fraud Farage ran off from.....you can go and tell them "Brexit is the best thing that happened to them".

Surely your not still peddling those old LIES? *-) .............

Unless you know where in the EU Honda are moving too? >:-) ..........

Seems to me the fishermen have gone quiet too ;-) ...........

Perhaps someones showed them how to to do the paperwork properly? :D .........

https://www.johnogroat-journal.co.uk/news/specialist-team-aiming-to-get-scottish-seafood-exports-to-europe-back-on-track-226442/

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2021-01-30 8:50 AM

The EU's own rules are that Countries are not to make Vaccine orders with companies that the EU have placed orders with.

Germany has separately placed order for 30 mil doses with Pfizer.

Whats the betting Brussels do nothing about this.

Well fancy that >:-) .........

The Fourth Riech looking after themselves 8-) ...........

How selfish can EU be (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Archived