Considering a motorhome to also regularly work in for a couple

v23509l

Hello all, I wanted to let you know how Dusseldorf went.

It is really huge, I would say 3 days could maybe be enough to see everything in detail.

We quickly came to the conclusion that integrated motorhomes are out of the question due to width. We are not buying this vehicle to afford ourselves with stress while driving. Non-integrated motorhomes could be an option if under 6,7m and 2,3m. This looks more than comfortable for us (and her! :) However, we actually lean more towards a campervan - we both, on the first look, prefer the mobility to extra space. The one that caught our eye is the Malibu Charming 640 (without skylight, but also without the storage space over the cabin). It seems to tick many boxes, it looks fantastic inside really, and the possibility to separate the bedroom/shower from the living room is awesome. We haven't seen any other vans offering this, if you know of any, let me know. We would even consider a shorter, 599cm version of Malibu with transversal beds, but there is no option to separate the bedroom/shower from the living room in this layout as far as I was able to research.

Interestingly, the "Hubett" / drop-down bed proved not to be to our liking. Yes, it gives a lot of space underneath, and even having to jump over the person to get down is not a big issue, but the feeling of closed space is, especially for the person sleeping on the inside.

I haven't really seen big discounts. It's mostly a lithium battery here, satellite dish there kind of discount, at least advertised.

We will in the end not have time to rent first now. We will leave renting for November I think, and if it turns out ok, proceed to buy. If we buy new, I reckon it should still arrive by May, which would be ok.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
v23509l - 2021-09-01 8:07 PM

It seems to tick many boxes, it looks fantastic inside really, and the possibility to separate the bedroom/shower from the living room is awesome. We haven't seen any other vans offering this, if you know of any, let me know. .[/QUOTe]

Our Globecar Campscout.

Archived