Campsite Search in France

jerry123

Hi everyone,

I'm starting to plan next year's skiing trip (hopefully !!) and am struggling to find a campsite (or Aire with loo, unlikely of course...) that is near the Autoroute, about half way between Calais and the French Alps - so Troyes, Chaumont, Dijon-ish - that is open in January. Just for a stopover, 7.5m van. Thoughts anyone please ?

Thanks !

I used to do this run regularly in Jan/Feb, for 10-15 years.

Never found a campsite open, so used to book a chip as chips Formula 1 or budget Ibis hotel room - used to pay about €25.

Just looked on Accor hotel site .....One about 5 Km off autoroute at Dijon for 2 people 1 night now for Jan 2022 is €49!

Jeremy

laimeduck - 2021-07-28 4:56 PM

Just looked on Accor hotel site .....One about 5 Km off autoroute at Dijon for 2 people 1 night now for Jan 2022 is €49! Jeremy

Thats a better idea than a campsite one on suite heated room.

But You could use the Services on the Auto Route toilets there would be open

Hi

We have visited Switzerland in jan / Feb. We usually stop at Bruge campsite and Camping decStrasbourg, both are open all year with full facilities.

There is also a site at Langres if you are heading towards Grenoble. Google will find it.

The camping and motorhome campsite guides include sites open in winter.and we use on our winter travels.

Have a good trip

Peter

Ps there is also a good site in Luxembourg but I will have to look up my diary.

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums. Jerry.

You might consider joining the Camping-Car Park (CCP) scheme that now has approaching 300 sites thoughout France.

There’s a CCP site at Le Chêne that’s about 30km north of Troyes and quite close to the A26 autoroute. Toilet facilities wwould not be present, but 230V electricity (6A), fresh-water, emptying and wi-fi should be.

https://www.campingcarpark.com/en_GB/stay/stopover-site-motorhome/grand-est/10-aube/le-chene-la-halte-ste-balseme

Archived