cold caller

steve hill

If he gives you a suitcase full of cash why worry. If he wants to buy your van and will pay your asking price and will give you a bank draft, which you ensure clears first, then all should be well. Don't let it out of your sight until the money is in your bank.

Barney123 - 2021-10-12 9:28 PM

According to WEBSITE that vehicle is a Landrover Discovery, its taxed, no MOT Record held and not Insured.

So proceed with care

It was first registered in September 2020 so will not yet require an MOT.

But the no insurance is worrying, have you reported the suspicious activity to the police?

Keith.

stevec176 - 2021-10-12 4:07 PM

If he gives you a suitcase full of cash why worry. If he wants to buy your van and will pay your asking price and will give you a bank draft, which you ensure clears first, then all should be well. Don't let it out of your sight until the money is in your bank.

I love cash deals but one has to be very careful these days not to fall foul of money laundering deals?

Only joking about a suitcase full of money. Took me back to being in Germany just after Unification. The East German's would drive over to the west in their Trabants with suitcases full of money and they would buy either a BMW or Merc in cash and just leave the Trabby by the side of the road.

Barney123 - 2021-10-12 9:28 PM

According to WEBSITE that vehicle is a Landrover Discovery, its taxed, no MOT Record held and not Insured.

So proceed with care

What website?? Could be useful to know about it when there's next a dodgy vehicle about.

Guest pelmetman
steve hill - 2021-10-12 3:36 PM

When I bought my latest new old vehicle of ebay......a 1983 Honda Accord......I spoke to the vendor and arranged a visit to check it was genuine and as described ;-) .......

When I bought my tip runner X type Jag estate in lockdown of ebay..... I bought blind for £1300 :D ......

The only mistake I made was using the wrong Shiply delivery quote *-) ......

He got stopped by the plod for being overloaded.......which cost me another 300 squid to get it collected from the plod 8-) ........

I'm still quids in with what I'd have spent on skips B-) ..........

No doubt the Derek Bot will soon be along soon to delete this post to (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

When I bought my latest new old vehicle of ebay......a 1983 Honda Accord......I spoke to the vendor and arranged a visit to check it was genuine and as described ;-) .......

When I bought my tip runner X type Jag estate in lockdown of ebay..... I bought blind for £1300 :D ......

The only mistake I made was using the wrong Shiply delivery quote *-) ......

He got stopped by the plod for being overloaded.......which cost me another 300 squid to get it collected from the plod 8-) ........

I'm still quids in with what I'd have spent on skips B-) ..........

No doubt the Derek Bot will soon be along soon to delete this post to (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

Forum geek can be a bit keen and I have had a few posts deleted.

But he obviously puts a lot of effort to try and help and find the answer to posters questions.

He doesn't shout them down with Jimmy Savile type animal noises and kiddy cartoons like you do.

- and the thread is about cold callers so what is the relevance of your post?

Personally I can't think of anyone who has done a deal with a cold caller and it has worked out well.

"Personally I can't think of anyone who has done a deal with a cold caller and it has worked out well."

I can - me. Some time ago I had an Austin Somerset in which I had lost interest but never got round to advertising for sale. Chap came to the door enquiring as to whether I knew of one for sale, and when I said mine could be he bought it on the spot. Came back a couple of days later with cash and took it away.

Not particularly relevant here, perhaps, but shows that it does happen.

Archived