Germany and Covid ...

Birdbrain

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-16 5:14 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-16 1:38 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-16 1:32 PM

Couldnt have put it better myself. 150000+ deaths under this Brexit Fruitoop government and Pelmet keeps banging on about how bad Germany are doing when they are nowhere near as bad as its been and is here. You really couldnt make it up.

I dont think there is anything Johnson and his cronies could do to break the spell that seems to have people like Dave under its power. I bet they could nuke Weymouth and his executive Greenhouse just for a laugh and he would still think they are his saviours.

Reminds me of this scene from The Life of Brian.

Seems to me you two are deluded if you think Germany is only having 24,000 infections a day *-) ........

Serious critical........UK 999.......Germany 2,828.......

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

And as has already been explained to you Germany can declare more serious cases as they have the ICU beds to treat them, whereas here in the UK you die before you are declared a serious case. How else can you explain the disconnect between the relative numbers of serious cases that turn into deaths?

"“The UK is towards the bottom of the European league table for intensive care beds per head of population. Whilst the UK has 7.3 intensive care beds per 100,000 people, Germany has 33.8 and the USA 34.3. We also have comparatively fewer than France, Italy, Australia and Spain.”" Kings Fund.

Whereas here in Brexit Blighty because there aren't any spare ICU beds people die at home or in the ambulance parked up outside hospitals

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/ambulance-nhs-patients-dying-paramedics-b1952277.html

You and Barry simply aren't 'on message' with Pinocchio. He's a rampant deranged Germanophobe with totally irrational views based on utter nonsense, claptrap, and off with the fairies.

Read Brians posts back to him on page 1 & 2.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2021-11-16 5:20 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-16 3:00 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-16 1:13 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-16 11:03 AM

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/germany-s-fourth-covid-wave-aggravated-by-political-crisis-1.4729555

They must mean Brexit (?) ........

Coz everything is sweetness and light in the EU isn't it? ;-) ........

From your link.

"New coronavirus infections are nearing 24,000 a day, up a third on the same time last week"

UK 39,750 yesterday

Population of Germany, population of UK?

You asked is it due to Brexit? Yes as the excess deaths and rates of infection here compared to Germany are down to the idiots that put these lunatics into power in order "to get Brexit done"* .

*which they failed to do https://www.cityam.com/intensive-discussions-on-northern-ireland-upcoming/

Couldnt have put it better myself. 150000+ deaths under this Brexit Fruitoop government and Pelmet keeps banging on about how bad Germany are doing when they are nowhere near as bad as its been and is here. You really couldnt make it up.

I dont think there is anything Johnson and his cronies could do to break the spell that seems to have people like Dave under its power. I bet they could nuke Weymouth and his executive Greenhouse just for a laugh and he would still think they are his saviours.

Seems to me you two are deluded if you think Germany is only having 24,000 infections a day *-) ........

Their infection rates are less than half ours though per 100000 and their daily deaths are lower also especially when you consider their population is more than ours. So the above makes no sense unless what is classed as serious / critical between the two countries differs.

If that's the case ;-) ..........

Then Germans must be a lot weaker than us Brits if with fewer infections more of them end up in intensive care 8-) ........

It's obviously a difficult concept for you to understand so I'll try and use simple words.

If all the ICU beds "us Brits" would use are already full.

If ambulances arriving at hospitals can't discharge their patients (both covid and other)

Then those patients die.

Rather than become "serious cases" as they would in Germany.

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-16 9:01 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-16 5:20 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-16 3:00 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-16 1:13 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-16 11:03 AM

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/germany-s-fourth-covid-wave-aggravated-by-political-crisis-1.4729555

They must mean Brexit (?) ........

Coz everything is sweetness and light in the EU isn't it? ;-) ........

From your link.

"New coronavirus infections are nearing 24,000 a day, up a third on the same time last week"

UK 39,750 yesterday

Population of Germany, population of UK?

You asked is it due to Brexit? Yes as the excess deaths and rates of infection here compared to Germany are down to the idiots that put these lunatics into power in order "to get Brexit done"* .

*which they failed to do https://www.cityam.com/intensive-discussions-on-northern-ireland-upcoming/

Their infection rates are less than half ours though per 100000 and their daily deaths are lower also especially when you consider their population is more than ours. So the above makes no sense unless what is classed as serious / critical between the two countries differs.

If that's the case ;-) ..........

Then Germans must be a lot weaker than us Brits if with fewer infections more of them end up in intensive care 8-) ........

It's obviously a difficult concept for you to understand so I'll try and use simple words.

If all the ICU beds "us Brits" would use are already full.

If ambulances arriving at hospitals can't discharge their patients (both covid and other)

Then those patients die.

Rather than become "serious cases" as they would in Germany.

So the UK only has 999 ICU beds? :-| ...........Nope *-) ........

"The Covid-19 pandemic rapidly increased demand for critical care beds, with the number of adult critical care beds jumping from around 4,000 before the pandemic to highs of almost 6,000 in the peaks of the first and second wave. Data on critical care beds has not been available since April 2021 so we don’t yet know whether they are starting to return to pre-pandemic levels."

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/nhs-hospital-bed-numbers

You really should think before spreading lies >:-) ..........

maxresdefaultmuttley.thumb.jpg.12b9113cd2c0043a80c6801db885711b.jpg

pelmetman - 2021-11-17 1:36 PM

So the UK only has 999 ICU beds? :-| ...........Nope *-) ........

"The Covid-19 pandemic rapidly increased demand for critical care beds, with the number of adult critical care beds jumping from around 4,000 before the pandemic to highs of almost 6,000 in the peaks of the first and second wave. Data on critical care beds has not been available since April 2021 so we don’t yet know whether they are starting to return to pre-pandemic levels."

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/publications/nhs-hospital-bed-numbers

You really should think before spreading lies >:-) ..........

"So the UK only has 999 ICU beds? :-| ...........Nope *-) ......." Did I say that? No.

What I said, and what the Kingsfund said, was that we had five times less ICU beds than Germany per capita. Now some of those beds will be occupied by Covid patients and some by patients with other serious conditions.

Or do you expect the non covid patient to be booted out of their ICU bed to make way for a covid patient?

Note what it actually says in your link:

"Most other advanced health care systems have also reduced bed numbers in recent years. However, the UK has fewer acute beds relative to its population than many comparable health systems."

"The number of hospital beds for general and acute care has fallen by 44 per cent since 1987/88; the bulk of this fall is due to closures of beds for the long-term care of older people."

"Before the Covid-19 pandemic there was widespread evidence of a growing shortage of beds. In 2019/20, overnight general and acute bed occupancy averaged 90.2 per cent, and regularly exceeded 95 per cent in winter, well above the level many consider safe."

"As bed numbers have fallen, England’s population has grown, from around 47.3 million in 1987 to approximately 56.6 million in 2020. As a result, the number of beds per capita has fallen faster than the absolute reduction in number of beds. Over this period, the number of older people in England – who are more likely to spend time in hospital – has also increased."

"The Covid-19 pandemic rapidly increased demand for critical care beds, with the number of adult critical care beds jumping from around 4,000 before the pandemic to highs of almost 6,000 in the peaks of the first and second wave. Data on critical care beds has not been available since April 2021 so we don’t yet know whether they are starting to return to pre-pandemic levels. "

Finally, if you think that the hospitals are coping fine how do you explain that ALL of the ambulance trusts are on black alert? The highest level available and that a number have now reported critical incidences with people dying inside ambulances parked up outside A&E?

This report was from before the current surge in demand due to increasing covid cases. https://aace.org.uk/news/handover-harm/

There is a golden rule to these strings. That is that some means must be found to make Germany look worse than the UK. No fact must be allowed to intrude on this rule. If, for any reason, the truth accidentally slips out, counter factuals must immediately be found to contradict it. If none can be found, or if all have demonstrably proved invalid, the string will be forgotten and the facts allowed to quietly slip from view.

I have tried to explore why the promoters of the rule prefer to inhabit a fool's paradise, but they have so far proved unable to help. They appear immune to the extent to which their inability to explain their own reasoning undermines their credibility when they comment on complex issues. I have reluctantly concluded that this must have some therapeutic value for them, and am now reluctant to withdraw the therapy for fear of causing them actual harm. Duty's duty, after all! (lol) (lol)

Birdbrain - 2021-11-18 6:30 AM

Looks like Germany is losing the battle ... Again ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59320515

They have hit a record number of daily cases it says but its still way less than ours was and when you take into account the larger population much less.

Still its worrying because if its bad there given that our government has now pretty much washed its hands of any responsibility in protecting the nation and given our history throughout this pandemic how do you think its going to go here this winter? If I was a Tory supporter and someone who was obsessed with pointing the finger at the EU and specifically Germany. Covid 19 pandemic performance would be the last thing on my agenda.

Birdbrain - 2021-11-18 1:39 PM

Crikey ... Looks like Germany is now having to send their sick to other countries ... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2021/11/18/coronavirus-latest-news-germany-sends-patients-abroad-hospitals/ ... Lordy My

Two patients! FFS you and the Torygraph are getting desperate.

And "a German state"? Which German state? I bet that they are confusing South Tyrol the German speaking region of Italy.

By the way you do realise that patients close to borders frequently get hospital services in neighbouring countries, it even happens in Berwick.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-18 2:33 PM

Crikey ... Looks like Germany is now having to send their sick to other countries ... https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2021/11/18/coronavirus-latest-news-germany-sends-patients-abroad-hospitals/ ... Lordy My

And "a German state"? Which German state? I bet that they are confusing South Tyrol the German speaking region of Italy.

By the way you do realise that patients close to borders frequently get hospital services in neighbouring countries, it even happens in Berwick.

Amazingly when we got knocked of the bike in Luxembourg the next day we ended up in a German hospital!!! Who would have thunk it! (lol)

Barryd999 - 2021-11-18 2:52 PM

Amazingly when we got knocked of the bike in Luxembourg the next day we ended up in a German hospital!!! Who would have thunk it! (lol)

Was that in our right wing press Barry ?

"Unable to handle accident victims, Luxemburg forced to transfer patients to Germany " --- or something like that ?

;-)

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-18 3:33 PM

I don't see anything strange about it.

When the province of Bergamo was heavily hit, Germany hosted several Italians.

It is more than normal for Italy to do the same with Germany.

It is an example of solidarity among friendly countries.

Max

p.s. Between Italy and Germany there is Austria.

What you call South Tyrol was formerly an Austrian and not German territory.

malc d - 2021-11-18 3:08 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-18 2:52 PM

Was that in our right wing press Barry ?

"Unable to handle accident victims, Luxemburg forced to transfer patients to Germany " --- or something like that ?

;-)

LOL. No. it was just that the nearest hospital happened to be in Germany.

mtravel - 2021-11-18 3:09 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-18 3:33 PM

I don't see anything strange about it.

When the province of Bergamo was heavily hit, Germany hosted several Italians.

It is more than normal for Italy to do the same with Germany.

It is an example of solidarity among friendly countries.

Max

p.s. Between Italy and Germany there is Austria.

What you call South Tyrol was formerly an Austrian and not German territory.

I know, it's one of my favourite skiing areas. I just think that the Telegraph journalists don't understand that German speaking residents of South Tyrol are actually Italian. If you want a indication of how poor Telegraph journalists are, remember that Boris Johnson spent most of his career working for them.

pelmetman - 2021-11-18 7:43 PM

Hmmm.........

"Germany's hospitals are buckling under the strain, with patients transferred to Italy because the wards are full"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10216171/Germany-faces-really-terrible-Christmas-unless-new-restrictions-imposed-health-chief-warns.html

Cases per million in Germany are still way lower than UK (according to your own preferred source) yet you persist with your irrational obsession over a country you don't live in and never visit.

Concentrate on the appalling figures in this country.......with a current fatality total of 166,730

"A very bad Christmas" ... The head of German disease control says the new daily infections could be 2 or 3 times higher than the actual reported latest figure of 65.000, so it could really be around 200.000 ... Wow!!! ... I thought the girls said on here that Germans do as they instructed to do and dont they still have the masks rules in place Barry wants us to have??? ... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/18/german-health-chief-urges-covid-crackdown-to-avert-very-bad-christmas ... Must be true its in The Bible

Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2021-11-19 6:35 AM

"A very bad Christmas" ... The head of German disease control says the new daily infections could be 2 or 3 times higher than the actual reported latest figure of 65.000, so it could really be around 200.000 ... Wow!!! ... I thought the girls said on here that Germans do as they instructed to do and dont they still have the masks rules in place Barry wants us to have??? ... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/18/german-health-chief-urges-covid-crackdown-to-avert-very-bad-christmas ... Must be true its in The Bible

Boris made mistakes at the begining of the Pandemic and the Squad called him all kinds of nasty names :-| .........

Now that Merkel is making mistakes nearly 2 years later 8-) ...........

Can we assume the Squad will be using those same names on "Merkel the Butcher" (?) ..........

Coz it will mean that they're just 2 faced hypocrites if they dont *-) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-11-19 8:10 AM

Boris made mistakes ................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........

He still makes mistakes.

He said so himself.

;-)

Boris made mistakes at the begining of the Pandemic and the Squad called him all kinds of nasty names :-| .........

Can we assume the Squad will be using those same names on "Merkel the Butcher" (?) ..........

Coz it will mean that they're just 2 faced hypocrites if they dont *-) ...........

"Chuckle". The difference is Johnson failed to protect us right from the start when we had a head start and plenty of warnings from Europe and then he continued throughout the entire pandemic and still is doing to make the same mistakes. Always dither and delay, Failed to put in place a circuit breaker when advised to, locked down too late each time, Christmas was on then it was off, Kids sent back to school to spread it more then sent home the next day, failed to disclose information about the new Kent variant until it was too late and in their words was then "out of control" and it then infected all of Europe. Those are just the bits I can remember off the top of my head.

Whereas up until now Germany has coped and performed considerably better.

Good call Dave, lets assess the facts.

UK hits 200 deaths per day, Boris 'the butcher' Kemal says everything is OK.

Germany hits 200 deaths per day, Merkel calls for more restrictions.

So as we can see Merkel will take whatever measures she thinks right to protect the population.

Kemal is fine with the people of this fine country dying before their time.

Thanks for pointing this out so we can fully realise just how much Kemal hates this country.

colin - 2021-11-19 10:10 AM

Good call Dave, lets assess the facts.

UK hits 200 deaths per day, Boris 'the butcher' Kemal says everything is OK.

Germany hits 200 deaths per day, Merkel calls for more restrictions.

So as we can see Merkel will take whatever measures she thinks right to protect the population.

Kemal is fine with the people of this fine country dying before their time.

Thanks for pointing this out so we can fully realise just how much Kemal hates this country.

Indeed its almost as if some leaders understand that their responsibility is to keep their citizens safe even if some of their actions are unpopular with sections of the population. Meanwhile Johnson's preoccupation with being liked and seen to funny even at the most inappropriate times, leading to control measures being implemented too late. Again.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/19/uk-ministers-were-unprepared-for-impact-of-covid-says-watchdog?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I hope my settings will come through the this link: https://tinyurl.com/ajb4bxw to Worldometers.

If not, it the table is set to "WEEKLY TRENDS" and not "MAIN" (the default). It is then set to "Europe", and finally sorted on the "Weekly Case % Change" column.

It quite an eye opener, in that the country with the highest rate of change turns out to be Andorra (+131%), with the lowest being Romania (-45%), so if you want to know who is managing their outbreak best, you may find many of the results surprising.

The average figure for Europe (which is geographical Europe, not the EU) is +13%, Germany is on +35% and UK +15%, so just above the average for Europe. That is despite our huge advantage in terms of early vaccine availability and high take-up compared to many other countries. That seems to me to give some measure of the extent to which our considerable early advantages were squandered through generally poor pandemic management.

As a school analogy, if Europe were a class on 30 kids, UK would be somewhere around 12th! Not quite that world-beating image Boris aspires to - but has no idea how to attain!

On this measure Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Ireland, Denmark, Switzerland, and Portugal, for instance, are all worse off than UK, while Poland, Belgium, Slovakia, Slovenia, Greece, Sweden, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Bulgaria and Romania are all faring better.

If you switch in the column for "Weekly Case Change /1M pop" poor old Gibraltar comes off worst! What is going on there?

This thing is a very long way from being over, and the difference between UK and Germany really tells us - or Dave - absolutely nothing of value (except to Dave, who loves dancing on German graves! :-D). Be safe out there.

Archived