Germany and Covid ...

Birdbrain

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Birdbrain - 2021-11-13 7:12 AM

I presume Western Europe all have right wing populist leaders??? ... Know everything Barry made us all aware the worst hit Covid places all have populist types running the country ... https://www.thejournal.ie/germany-netherlands-covid-restrictions-5599049-Nov2021/ ... Lordy

The difference is they are taking action and bringing in restrictions whereas populist right wing governments like ours have engineered it so that people think its all over when it clearly isnt. I notice from that article that there were 26 deaths in one day in the Netherlands which is clearly enough for the PM to take action. On the 2 November there were 292 here and what does our PM do? Skips an important debate on corruption, goes to a hospital and wonders around without a mask on TV then puts David Attenborough at risk by sitting next to him with no mask. The population of the Netherlands is 17 million, UK 67 million. If you do the maths the Dutch death rate is way below ours. A third of ours on that day. What are we doing? Nothing.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-13 9:24 AM

I presume Western Europe all have right wing populist leaders??? ... Know everything Barry made us all aware the worst hit Covid places all have populist types running the country ... https://www.thejournal.ie/germany-netherlands-covid-restrictions-5599049-Nov2021/ ... Lordy

The difference is they are taking action and bringing in restrictions whereas populist right wing governments like ours have engineered it so that people think its all over when it clearly isnt. I notice from that article that there were 26 deaths in one day in the Netherlands which is clearly enough for the PM to take action. On the 2 November there were 292 here and what does our PM do? Skips an important debate on corruption, goes to a hospital and wonders around without a mask on TV then puts David Attenborough at risk by sitting next to him with no mask. The population of the Netherlands is 17 million, UK 67 million. If you do the maths the Dutch death rate is way below ours. A third of ours on that day. What are we doing? Nothing.

What do you need government to tell you to do with covid that you aren't already doing??? ... You dont think folk should be responsible for themselves??? ... Its a bit like someone who doesnt take advice on how to lose weight, on how to cut back drinking every day, on not exercising and on having a diet most of us would puke over ... You can blame others all day long

Birdbrain - 2021-11-13 9:49 AM

What do you need government to tell you to do with covid that you aren't already doing??? ... You dont think folk should be responsible for themselves??? ... Its a bit like someone who doesnt take advice on how to lose weight, on how to cut back drinking every day, on not exercising and on having a diet most of us would puke over ... You can blame others all day long

We are still in the middle of a pandemic. In fact infections are worse than ever but our government has decided its all over and lifted pretty much all of them. Worse than that Johnson and many others go out of their way to deliberately not wear masks where it would be appropriate to do so and had they left important restrictions in place such as wearing masks in public places inside it would have still been law to do so.

Most people would say they are responsible drivers so should we get rid of speed limits, drink driving laws and motor insurance. Just tell people to be responsible? There are plenty of restrictions that could have been kept that would have still allowed us to carry on and move about etc. Mask wearing inside and social distancing are a perfect example but no, Johnson wants to give the impression we have beaten it and its all back to normal when the truth is far from that.

Birdbrain - 2021-11-13 9:49 AM.............................What do you need government to tell you to do with covid that you aren't already doing??? ... You dont think folk should be responsible for themselves??? ... Its a bit like someone who doesnt take advice on how to lose weight, on how to cut back drinking every day, on not exercising and on having a diet most of us would puke over ... You can blame others all day long

Ideally, no, we would all act rationally, and with consideration for others, all the time. But we don't, do we? Only some of us.

The big difference between the risks of Covid, and those you cite above, is that Covid affects us all, while the examples you cite affect only the individual. The worst they can achieve is to kill themselves.

OTOH, with Covid, the irresponsible who crowd into others, who don't wear masks, who are careless with hygiene, who don't/won't accept that the disease exists, or who haven't/didn't allow themselves to be vaccinated or tested, are liable both to become infected, but are also liable to go on to infect, and potentially kill, others.

These are the ones who are presently passing the virus around, and are filling the hospitals to the point at which many non-Covid patients are unable to get diagnosis of, or treatment for, their conditions.

If everyone voluntarily played by the rules we'd have far fewer cases than we have. But the evidence all says that a substantial minority don't. Those people do need telling, and in many cases, coercing, to act responsibly. They are the problem. So how should we deal with them if not by government direction, just as, as Barry says, with drink driving etc.?

Barryd999 - 2021-11-13 11:28 AM

We are still in the middle of a pandemic. In fact infections are worse than ever but our government has decided its all over and lifted pretty much all of them. Worse than that Johnson and many others go out of their way to deliberately not wear masks where it would be appropriate to do so and had they left important restrictions in place such as wearing masks in public places inside it would have still been law to do so.

Most people would say they are responsible drivers so should we get rid of speed limits, drink driving laws and motor insurance. Just tell people to be responsible? There are plenty of restrictions that could have been kept that would have still allowed us to carry on and move about etc. Mask wearing inside and social distancing are a perfect example but no, Johnson wants to give the impression we have beaten it and its all back to normal when the truth is far from that.

What utter rubbish ... I could put pictures up of other world leaders without masks and not distancing but of course you in your usual hate way go for Johnson ... I could put pictures up of your Labour Party conference with no distancing and no masks but you in your hate way go for Johnson blah blah blah ... With all the information out there around Covid does it take anyone with even the slightest intelligence to see our cr@p politicians on all sides wearing a mask to make them wear one or still keep a safe distance??? ... I took my grandson to his first footie game last week at Halifax, I wore a mask and we sat away from folk and I dont need to see our PM wearing a mask to make me do so, I went with my hubby for the first time in ages to the supermarket yesterday and we both wore masks and I dont need to see Angela Scum Rayner wearing one to make me wear one ... I know your not a hypocrite as youve proved time and again on here but Im puzzled as to how you now want restrictions back in place but last year you found those who broke the same restrictions you say we now need "funny" no actually you found them "very funny" while they were out on their crime spree???

Birdbrain - 2021-11-14 6:42 AM

What utter rubbish ... I could put pictures up of other world leaders without masks and not distancing but of course you in your usual hate way go for Johnson ... I could put pictures up of your Labour Party conference with no distancing and no masks but you in your hate way go for Johnson blah blah blah ... With all the information out there around Covid does it take anyone with even the slightest intelligence to see our cr@p politicians on all sides wearing a mask to make them wear one or still keep a safe distance??? ... I took my grandson to his first footie game last week at Halifax, I wore a mask and we sat away from folk and I dont need to see our PM wearing a mask to make me do so, I went with my hubby for the first time in ages to the supermarket yesterday and we both wore masks and I dont need to see Angela Scum Rayner wearing one to make me wear one ... I know your not a hypocrite as youve proved time and again on here but Im puzzled as to how you now want restrictions back in place but last year you found those who broke the same restrictions you say we now need "funny" no actually you found them "very funny" while they were out on their crime spree???

I see Brian has pretty much already answered your question but you clearly ignored what he said.

I am sure you can find the odd photo of a Labour MP not wearing a mask but until recently they were calling out the Tories for not wearing them. Jacob Reek Smug said they dont need to because they all know each other. 8-) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58993387

Johnson is our PM. He makes headline news, his followers who lets face it some of which are not the sharpest tools in the box will see the blithering idiot in a Hospital or at COP26 not wearing a mask without a care in the world and will follow his example. This is what he wanted to achieve. A sense of it all being over and its worked. Except as most of us know its far from over, its got worse.

If you cast your mind back to the BLM demos etc you will find evidence on here of me stating that I did not support them at that time because of the Pandemic. Whether I found the tumbling of a statue into the drink funny or not is irrelevant.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-14 11:19 AM

I see Brian has pretty much already answered your question but you clearly ignored what he said.

I am sure you can find the odd photo of a Labour MP not wearing a mask but until recently they were calling out the Tories for not wearing them. Jacob Reek Smug said they dont need to because they all know each other. 8-) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58993387

Johnson is our PM. He makes headline news, his followers who lets face it some of which are not the sharpest tools in the box will see the blithering idiot in a Hospital or at COP26 not wearing a mask without a care in the world and will follow his example. This is what he wanted to achieve. A sense of it all being over and its worked. Except as most of us know its far from over, its got worse.

If you cast your mind back to the BLM demos etc you will find evidence on here of me stating that I did not support them at that time because of the Pandemic. Whether I found the tumbling of a statue into the drink funny or not is irrelevant.

For once you are right, I have clearly ignored what your sister said ... In Barry world you believe folk will not wear a mask because Boris doesnt at times??? Are you for real??? ... You supported the violence that happened during a pandemic riot, you cant pick and choose, youve said many times you found the violence and law breaking "funny" no sorry "very funny" so it might not be relevant in your world but in the real world it is ... Hate on dumpling

Guest pelmetman
mtravel - 2021-11-12 1:43 PM

pelmetman - 2021-11-12 2:30 PM

Could be worse ;-) ..........

They could've ended up a Socialist 8-) ........

(lol) (lol) (lol) .............

You do not respect the socialists even when they are dead.

See the vandalizations of Karl Marx's tomb.

This is your democracy.

No point in respecting a divisve ideology *-) ..........

You'll be asking me to believe in a God next 8-) .......

Birdbrain - 2021-11-14 3:22 PM

For once you are right, I have clearly ignored what your sister said ... In Barry world you believe folk will not wear a mask because Boris doesnt at times??? Are you for real??? ... You supported the violence that happened during a pandemic riot, you cant pick and choose, youve said many times you found the violence and law breaking "funny" no sorry "very funny" so it might not be relevant in your world but in the real world it is ... Hate on dumpling

Ill give you an example. I was working in a Quarry office last year on one of the very few occasions (thankfully) where I had to go onsite. It was just after Johnson announced that social distancing would be down to 1 metre which is ridiculous as 1 metre is back to normal. Some clown came in and started blathering in my face and I told him in no uncertain terms to back the fcuk up. His answer was, we dont have to now because "Boris" said its just 1 metre now. I cant repeat what I then said to him as the censors on here wont allow it. Lets just say we never saw him for the rest of the afternoon.

Many hang on everything Johnson says. For reasons beyond my comprehension (well lets face it its probably Brexit) he can do no wrong and his disciples seem to love him. These are very stupid people and of course they will follow his lead.

I can pick and choose. I didnt support the BLM demos for the reasons I gave at the time. I support the cause but not demos in the height of a pandemic. That does not mean I am not allowed to find just one piece of film of a statue getting flung into the sea funny.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-14 5:51 PM

Ill give you an example. I was working in a Quarry office last year on one of the very few occasions (thankfully) where I had to go onsite. It was just after Johnson announced that social distancing would be down to 1 metre which is ridiculous as 1 metre is back to normal. Some clown came in and started blathering in my face and I told him in no uncertain terms to back the fcuk up. His answer was, we dont have to now because "Boris" said its just 1 metre now. I cant repeat what I then said to him as the censors on here wont allow it. Lets just say we never saw him for the rest of the afternoon.

Many hang on everything Johnson says. For reasons beyond my comprehension (well lets face it its probably Brexit) he can do no wrong and his disciples seem to love him. These are very stupid people and of course they will follow his lead.

I can pick and choose. I didnt support the BLM demos for the reasons I gave at the time. I support the cause but not demos in the height of a pandemic. That does not mean I am not allowed to find just one piece of film of a statue getting flung into the sea funny.

Listen, youve told that many lies and fairytales I simply dont believe you regarding the quarry incident and if its true I am sure somewhere in your dreary internet world life you would have whinged about it at that moment and therefore will be able to back up your Hollywood guff ... Your other BLM guff is embarrassing, you supported criminality ... Criminality in laughing with those who broke lockdown rules and laughing with those who trashed a public state ... Your a disgrace

Birdbrain - 2021-11-14 6:25 PM

I can pick and choose. I didnt support the BLM demos for the reasons I gave at the time. I support the cause but not demos in the height of a pandemic. That does not mean I am not a6llowed to find just one piece of film of a statue getting flung into the sea funny.

Listen, youve told that many lies and fairytales I simply dont believe you regarding the quarry incident and if its true I am sure somewhere in your dreary internet world life you would have whinged about it at that moment and therefore will be able to back up your Hollywood guff ... Your other BLM guff is embarrassing, you supported criminality ... Criminality in laughing with those who broke lockdown rules and laughing with those who trashed a public state ... Your a disgrace

If you are going to claim to be a proud Englishman at least try and write in English. It should not fall on the rest of us to have to spell check a racist.

You're a disgrace.

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-14 6:48 PM

I can pick and choose. I didnt support the BLM demos for the reasons I gave at the time. I support the cause but not demos in the height of a pandemic. That does not mean I am not a6llowed to find just one piece of film of a statue getting flung into the sea funny.

If you are going to claim to be a proud Englishman at least try and write in English. It should not fall on the rest of us to have to spell check a racist.

You're a disgrace.

Chuckle ... Dont know where I have ever claimed to be a "proud Englishman" ... I am from a Scottish background princess and I aint ever claimed to be English ... You aint used that "racist" guff for a bit princess ... You still happy and content I take it??? ... Chuckle

Can you provide me with evidence of these lies please? If not I suggest you retract that statement.

It is true and yes I have spoken about it on at least one occasion possibly on here and elsewhere. Do you honestly think I would make something like that up?

Well well well. That didnt take long. (lol)

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Hands-Face-Space/56317/

Barryd999 - 2021-11-14 10:30 PM

Can you provide me with evidence of these lies please? If not I suggest you retract that statement.

It is true and yes I have spoken about it on at least one occasion possibly on here and elsewhere. Do you honestly think I would make something like that up?

Round and round and round we go ... Ive shown you examples before of you fudging the truth and you still didn't man up and acknowledge it so whats the point ... To answer your last bit then its a big fat Yes, a fella who laughs at criminality and violence during a lockdown, marxist demo is frankly capable of making anything up ... Have a nice day now

Birdbrain - 2021-11-15 5:56 AM

Barryd999 - 2021-11-14 10:30 PM

Round and round and round we go ... Ive shown you examples before of you fudging the truth and you still didn't man up and acknowledge it so whats the point ... To answer your last bit then its a big fat Yes, a fella who laughs at criminality and violence during a lockdown, marxist demo is frankly capable of making anything up ... Have a nice day now

That will be a no then.

I notice you have ignored the evidence produced about the incident in the quarry where you accused me of lying which surprise surprise is almost exactly as I quoted above yesterday. So will you now issue an apology and retract your accusation of lying which is a libelous slur on my good character and very hurtful.

pelmetman - 2021-11-16 11:03 AM

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/germany-s-fourth-covid-wave-aggravated-by-political-crisis-1.4729555

They must mean Brexit (?) ........

Coz everything is sweetness and light in the EU isn't it? ;-) ........

From your link.

"New coronavirus infections are nearing 24,000 a day, up a third on the same time last week"

UK 39,750 yesterday

Population of Germany, population of UK?

You asked is it due to Brexit? Yes as the excess deaths and rates of infection here compared to Germany are down to the idiots that put these lunatics into power in order "to get Brexit done"* .

*which they failed to do https://www.cityam.com/intensive-discussions-on-northern-ireland-upcoming/

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-16 1:13 PM

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/germany-s-fourth-covid-wave-aggravated-by-political-crisis-1.4729555

From your link.

"New coronavirus infections are nearing 24,000 a day, up a third on the same time last week"

UK 39,750 yesterday

You asked is it due to Brexit? Yes as the excess deaths and rates of infection here compared to Germany are down to the idiots that put these lunatics into power in order "to get Brexit done"* .

*which they failed to do https://www.cityam.com/intensive-discussions-on-northern-ireland-upcoming/

Couldnt have put it better myself. 150000+ deaths under this Brexit Fruitoop government and Pelmet keeps banging on about how bad Germany are doing when they are nowhere near as bad as its been and is here. You really couldnt make it up.

I dont think there is anything Johnson and his cronies could do to break the spell that seems to have people like Dave under its power. I bet they could nuke Weymouth and his executive Greenhouse just for a laugh and he would still think they are his saviours.

Reminds me of this scene from The Life of Brian.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-11-16 1:32 PM

From your link.

UK 39,750 yesterday

Couldnt have put it better myself. 150000+ deaths under this Brexit Fruitoop government and Pelmet keeps banging on about how bad Germany are doing when they are nowhere near as bad as its been and is here. You really couldnt make it up.

I dont think there is anything Johnson and his cronies could do to break the spell that seems to have people like Dave under its power. I bet they could nuke Weymouth and his executive Greenhouse just for a laugh and he would still think they are his saviours.

Seems to me you two are deluded if you think Germany is only having 24,000 infections a day *-) ........

Serious critical........UK 999.......Germany 2,828.......

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

pelmetman - 2021-11-16 1:38 PM

From your link.

UK 39,750 yesterday

Seems to me you two are deluded if you think Germany is only having 24,000 infections a day *-) ........

Their infection rates are less than half ours though per 100000 and their daily deaths are lower also especially when you consider their population is more than ours. So the above makes no sense unless what is classed as serious / critical between the two countries differs.

From your link.

UK 39,750 yesterday

And as has already been explained to you Germany can declare more serious cases as they have the ICU beds to treat them, whereas here in the UK you die before you are declared a serious case. How else can you explain the disconnect between the relative numbers of serious cases that turn into deaths?

"“The UK is towards the bottom of the European league table for intensive care beds per head of population. Whilst the UK has 7.3 intensive care beds per 100,000 people, Germany has 33.8 and the USA 34.3. We also have comparatively fewer than France, Italy, Australia and Spain.”" Kings Fund.

Whereas here in Brexit Blighty because there aren't any spare ICU beds people die at home or in the ambulance parked up outside hospitals

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/health/ambulance-nhs-patients-dying-paramedics-b1952277.html

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-11-16 3:00 PM

From your link.

UK 39,750 yesterday

Their infection rates are less than half ours though per 100000 and their daily deaths are lower also especially when you consider their population is more than ours. So the above makes no sense unless what is classed as serious / critical between the two countries differs.

If that's the case ;-) ..........

Then Germans must be a lot weaker than us Brits if with fewer infections more of them end up in intensive care 8-) ........

Perhaps Brexit has made 52% of the population more ruffty tuffty? B-) .........

Archived