Germany and Covid ...

Birdbrain

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Birdbrain - 2021-11-19 2:50 PM

Wonder if Germany will follow Austrias lockdown route ... https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/austria-imposes-full-lockdown-germany-may-follow-covid-grips-europe-2021-11-19/ ... I cant understand it, we were told on here that Germans do as they are told ... Whats gone wrong???

In March 2020 I was skiing in Austria when Coronavirus first struck there with a outbreak in the neighbouring resort which we had skied across to earlier in the week. The outbreak was identified on the Thursday, by the Sunday the whole region was in lockdown - all hotels, bars, restaurants and ski lifts closed, no transport in or out. This was just before Easter and that's the time that resorts make the profit element for a trading year.

We returned to the UK where the first outbreak had been in identified in January in York. We were at home after our ski trip for three weeks before the first lockdown happened here.

So it looks like Austria is once again acting quickly, unlike the uk.

I note with interest from your link that "Austria said it would require the whole population to be vaccinated as of February, a decision bound to infuriate many in a country where scepticism about vaccines runs high, encouraged by the far-right Freedom Party". Who would have thought it, a populist far right party putting peoples lifes at risk.?

CurtainRaiser - 2021-11-19 3:18 PM

Birdbrain - 2021-11-19 2:50 PM

Wonder if Germany will follow Austrias lockdown route ... https://www.reuters.com/markets/europe/austria-imposes-full-lockdown-germany-may-follow-covid-grips-europe-2021-11-19/ ... I cant understand it, we were told on here that Germans do as they are told ... Whats gone wrong???

In March 2020 I was skiing in Austria when Coronavirus first struck there with a outbreak in the neighbouring resort which we had skied across to earlier in the week. The outbreak was identified on the Thursday, by the Sunday the whole region was in lockdown - all hotels, bars, restaurants and ski lifts closed, no transport in or out. This was just before Easter and that's the time that resorts make the profit element for a trading year.

We returned to the UK where the first outbreak had been in identified in January in York. We were at home after our ski trip for three weeks before the first lockdown happened here.

So it looks like Austria is once again acting quickly, unlike the uk.

I note with interest from your link that "Austria said it would require the whole population to be vaccinated as of February, a decision bound to infuriate many in a country where scepticism about vaccines runs high, encouraged by the far-right Freedom Party". Who would have thought it, a populist far right party putting peoples lifes at risk.?

Can you explain a little better as Austria first had covid cases in February not March as you claim and if it was just before Easter that your banging on about well Easter was mid April in 2020 so I can only presume you mean late March or even early April ... I know you'll clear up the confusion

Birdbrain - 2021-11-19 3:28 PM

Can you explain a little better as Austria first had covid cases in February not March as you claim and if it was just before Easter that your banging on about well Easter was mid April in 2020 so I can only presume you mean late March or even early April ... I know you'll clear up the confusion

Well to be pedantic, UK first case 6th January 2020 York, according to Wikipedia two people from Italy were treated in Insbruck hospital on the 25th February.

I returned 15th March when Austria lockdowned. UK lockdown started the 26th March.

colin - 2021-11-19 10:10 AM

pelmetman - 2021-11-19 8:10 AM

Birdbrain - 2021-11-19 6:35 AM

"A very bad Christmas" ... The head of German disease control says the new daily infections could be 2 or 3 times higher than the actual reported latest figure of 65.000, so it could really be around 200.000 ... Wow!!! ... I thought the girls said on here that Germans do as they instructed to do and dont they still have the masks rules in place Barry wants us to have??? ... https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/18/german-health-chief-urges-covid-crackdown-to-avert-very-bad-christmas ... Must be true its in The Bible

Boris made mistakes at the begining of the Pandemic and the Squad called him all kinds of nasty names :-| .........

Now that Merkel is making mistakes nearly 2 years later 8-) ...........

Can we assume the Squad will be using those same names on "Merkel the Butcher" (?) ..........

Coz it will mean that they're just 2 faced hypocrites if they dont *-) ...........

Good call Dave, lets assess the facts.

UK hits 200 deaths per day, Boris 'the butcher' Kemal says everything is OK.

Germany hits 200 deaths per day, Merkel calls for more restrictions.

So as we can see Merkel will take whatever measures she thinks right to protect the population.

Kemal is fine with the people of this fine country dying before their time.

Thanks for pointing this out so we can fully realise just how much Kemal hates this country.

Correct, and unlike us Germans are well disciplined. During their last lockdown Merkel imposed night time curfews and it's likely if they follow Austria into lockdown, the same will prevail. They are used to self discipline whereas Brits prefer to go out boozing.

Germany also has strict controls over allowing only vaccinated people to go to restaurants and sport events.

Looks like they are using water cannons like the ones Boris Johnson bought for use in London.

In one of his past world beating mega-deals he bought them for £320,000 - didn't use them - and sold them for £11,000.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2021-11-20 9:43 AM

Looks like they are using water cannons like the ones Boris Johnson bought for use in London.

In one of his past world beating mega-deals he bought them for £320,000 - didn't use them - and sold them for £11,000.

;-)

Looks like EU need them to ;-) ...........

Perhaps that's why they want a army so they can use real bullets on their citizens? >:-) ...........

pelmetman - 2021-11-20 9:53 AM

malc d - 2021-11-20 9:43 AM

;-)

Looks like EU need them to ;-) ...........

Perhaps that's why they want a army so they can use real bullets on their citizens? >:-) ...........

Water cannons don't fire real bullets Dave.

:-|

Birdbrain - 2021-11-21 5:26 PM

More "funny" no "very funny" civil unrest in EU world ... Austria, Holland, Belgium all having a "very funny" time over Covid ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10226551/Now-Germany-says-set-make-Covid-vaccinations-COMPULSORY-unavoidable-move.html

I would be very concerned about the UK rather than pointing the finger at Europe. Our stats are still grim and this wave doesnt seem to have hit us yet. Its coming up to Christmas though and we have Boris Johnson in charge and the Tory Kippers. It all went without a hitch last year didnt it? What could possibly go wrong? 8-)

Barryd999 - 2021-11-21 5:39 PM

More "funny" no "very funny" civil unrest in EU world ... Austria, Holland, Belgium all having a "very funny" time over Covid ... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10226551/Now-Germany-says-set-make-Covid-vaccinations-COMPULSORY-unavoidable-move.html

I would be very concerned about the UK rather than pointing the finger at Europe. Our stats are still grim and this wave doesnt seem to have hit us yet. Its coming up to Christmas though and we have Boris Johnson in charge and the Tory Kippers. It all went without a hitch last year didnt it? What could possibly go wrong? 8-)

If you believe commenting on EU world civil unrest because of Covid is me "pointing the finger at Europe" you have even bigger issues than I thought

Birdbrain - 2021-11-21 6:15 PM

If you believe commenting on EU world civil unrest because of Covid is me "pointing the finger at Europe" you have even bigger issues than I thought

No issues here.

I wonder what would happen here if it gets really bad again and Johnson is forced to introduce restrictions despite him promising that all that was behind us now. The Tories have washed their hands of Covid but they wont be able to if it goes ballistic this winter. Lets hope it doesnt happen because I can pretty much guarantee once again they will dither and delay and leave it too late. Then you will see some proper fireworks I suspect.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-21 6:23 PM

No issues here.

I wonder what would happen here if it gets really bad again and Johnson is forced to introduce restrictions despite him promising that all that was behind us now. The Tories have washed their hands of Covid but they wont be able to if it goes ballistic this winter. Lets hope it doesnt happen because I can pretty much guarantee once again they will dither and delay and leave it too late. Then you will see some proper fireworks I suspect.

Those "fireworks" as usual will be lit by the likes of you Barry with your little fairy hate wand ... I dont doubt for a minute the fifth wave Europe is currently experiencing will come here ... You as our resident Covid expert will as usual blame only Boris and the Tories for that ... Dont you get tired of hating???

Birdbrain - 2021-11-21 6:29 PM

No issues here.

Those "fireworks" as usual will be lit by the likes of you Barry with your little fairy hate wand ... I dont doubt for a minute the fifth wave Europe is currently experiencing will come here ... You as our resident Covid expert will as usual blame only Boris and the Tories for that ... Dont you get tired of hating???

Do you think if you say something enough times like "hate" people will start to believe it? *-)

How will I light the fireworks I wonder? I wont blame Johnson for a fifth wave coming here as even with all the restrictions in the world it will come but its how he plans for it and reacts to it that is important and planning is clearly not something he has ever been capable of. He also does not learn from his mistakes. The past (not far off) Two years have shown us exactly that.

So do you think by people like me holding them to account it will be my fault when it all kicks off here when they are eventually forced to reintroduce lock downs and restrictions? How bizarre if you do.

Barryd999 - 2021-11-21 9:43 PM

No issues here.

Do you think if you say something enough times like "hate" people will start to believe it? *-)

How will I light the fireworks I wonder? I wont blame Johnson for a fifth wave coming here as even with all the restrictions in the world it will come but its how he plans for it and reacts to it that is important and planning is clearly not something he has ever been capable of. He also does not learn from his mistakes. The past (not far off) Two years have shown us exactly that.

So do you think by people like me holding them to account it will be my fault when it all kicks off here when they are eventually forced to reintroduce lock downs and restrictions? How bizarre if you do.

"I wont blame Johnson" ... Theres a first for everything ... How is banging on to your 4 or 5 friends on here "holding them to account"???

No issues here.

Lets hope that when lockdown does come here we dont get the same response as in Euroworld ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59363256 ... Cos given your past history you are guna struggle to know who to side with, the lockdowns you want or your protester friends ... Could all be "very funny" dont ya think

Birdbrain - 2021-11-22 7:13 AM

No issues here.

Lets hope that when lockdown does come here we dont get the same response as in Euroworld ... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59363256 ... Cos given your past history you are guna struggle to know who to side with, the lockdowns you want or your protester friends ... Could all be "very funny" dont ya think

Eh? "Protester Friends"?

You are going to have to enlighten me on that one. I think I know what you are going to say but as usual you will get your facts wrong about what I have said. off you pop!

Archived