Deletion of the

CurtainRaiser

John52 - 2021-12-24 7:44 PM

thebishbus - 2021-12-24 4:31 PM

not accepting, for instance that a lot of our problems are Covid related and not Brexit..

So what are these 'lots of' covid problems that have been blamed on Brexit?

All I have seen is comparisons with other countries who have had to deal with Brexit too.

Well?

You said there are lots

Can you give us an example of one?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John52 - 2021-12-25 5:45 PM

John52 - 2021-12-24 7:44 PM

thebishbus - 2021-12-24 4:31 PM

not accepting, for instance that a lot of our problems are Covid related and not Brexit..

So what are these 'lots of' covid problems that have been blamed on Brexit?

All I have seen is comparisons with other countries who have had to deal with Brexit too.

Well?

You said there are lots

Can you give us an example of one?

thebishbus - 2021-12-26 7:48 AM

Ditto Trackers last post. No point in discussing things with people that must have the last word on every subject is there ? like banging your head against a brick wall.

Brian B.

From your reply it looks like the answer is No then.

So you us none the wiser as to what Covid problems you think we are blaming on Brexit

You said there were lots

But you are unable to name even one.

So how are we to know what you are talking about?

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-24 4:40 PM

Then in lunges hobnails with his "Bollox's" and "LOSERS", and the fuse was laid and lit. The rest was the pretty much inevitable consequence.

2 The Chatterbox forum is sub-headed "Chat about anything and everything". The clear caveat is that "anything and everything" must respect Warners rules. So yes, it does get daft, though it can be very funny, and at times even informative. I find it mildly therapeutic under present circumstances, but also strangely compulsive as people reveal their views, biases, attitudes, and points of view.

But, if amputation is to be the prescribed remedy, I'd suggest it might be more productive to remove Pelmetman's 22 December 2021 5:00 PM post as well,

It is strangely compulsive isn't it

And I have learned from it

For instance, I didn't understand why there was not universal anger at Johnson's attempts to bully his MPs into getting his mate Paterson off for taking a £500k bung, and abolishing Parliamentary standards before they caught up with himself.

Pelmetman explained that when he said he wasn't paying Paterson's £500k bung. 8-)

Remarkable that the ones who shout loudest understand the least.

But then they do say empty vessels make most sound :-S

thebishbus - 2021-12-26 7:48 AM

Ditto Trackers last post. No point in discussing things with people that must have the last word on every subject is there ? like banging your head against a brick wall.

Brian B.

Brian (Kirby) replied to your post and laid out his case re.Brexit, also asking you perfectly reasonable questions, but you ignored and haven't answered one.......yet you expect those who voted Remain to "make Brexit a success".

I watched the Baddiel programme that Veronica recommended yesterday, very interesting and informative. So in the interest of understanding the other side of the argument I did a couple of searchers using the keywords Brexit and filtering by author based on those posters who are seeking to shut down debate that includes the B word.

What becomes clear from these threads is that the Brexit that is evolving has little in common with the Brexit that these authors were expecting, which is hardly surprising as they clearly believed in the Brexit promises of some politicians and the media. So I think that there is a simple correlation between those wishing to close debate and those that realise that they have been conned, who understandably don't want to be reminded of their mistakes.

A quick example https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Idle-Thoughts-on-Brexit/46338/

CurtainRaiser - 2021-12-27 9:26 AM

I watched the Baddiel programme that Veronica recommended yesterday, very interesting and informative. So in the interest of understanding the other side of the argument I did a couple of searchers using the keywords Brexit and filtering by author based on those posters who are seeking to shut down debate that includes the B word.

What becomes clear from these threads is that the Brexit that is evolving has little in common with the Brexit that these authors were expecting, which is hardly surprising as they clearly believed in the Brexit promises of some politicians and the media. So I think that there is a simple correlation between those wishing to close debate and those that realise that they have been conned, who understandably don't want to be reminded of their mistakes.

A quick example https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/Idle-Thoughts-on-Brexit/46338/

Ha Ha Ha! I like this bit on page one from Pelmet. "I am a true patriot not like you whinging Remoaners " (lol) PMSL! A true patriot would not blindly support something and continue to do so that is damaging our country nor would they support or continue to support a leader like Johnson who continues to damage our country and reputation around the globe not to mention the huge division he and Brexit have caused. I cant think of anything less patriotic to be honest.

I Also notice most of my predictions in those first two pages have come true with the exception for now at least of the exchange rate whereas Pelmet seemed pretty confident that his six month trips to Spain would carry on as normal. (lol) Now he is starting threads trying to find ways around it. (lol)

Archived