That'll ruin the squads New Year...........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2021-12-29 1:13 PM

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-28 11:32 AM

pelmetman - 2021-12-27 11:10 PM

You conveniently ignore Barry's lies *-) ..........

" the fact that our grand total of deaths far exceeds Europe and most other countries "

Worra bunch of Lying Pathetic Chimps >:-) ..........

Dave, the only valid comparison is the death rate per 1,000,000 population, because the total population for the EU is greater than the population for the UK, so comparing deaths here or there, without taking account of population size, produces nonsense numbers.

So, using Worldometers figures:

UK population: 68,415,982 - total deaths: 148,003 = 2163 deaths per 1,000,000 population.

EU population: 444,417,457 - total deaths: 895,602 = 2,015 deaths per 1,000,000 population.

Just in case the true result of your tasteless pursuit of UK glory compared to the EU by counting the comparative piles of bodies still isn't quite clear, 2,163 is a bigger number that 2,015, meaning that the UK, sadly, has a larger death rate then the EU as a whole. So, very sadly for us, out of the two, the UK came second. Facts, facts, facts. Get them right before mindless, pointless, bragging!

Worra Lying Pathetic Chimp! (lol) (lol) (lol)

I see you chose to ignore Barry's LIES *-) .........

" the fact that our grand total of deaths far exceeds Europe and most other countries "

Worra Pathetic Hypocrite! (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Still waiting for your windows then and shouting out meaningless numbers to make you feel better?

Here are some more figures for you. The government's wine cellars were topped up by £73,000 last year at the height of the pandemic, an increase of £26,000 on the previous year. And while the Tories took away a £20 weekly payment from some of the poorest in society they partied illegally in Number 10 at Xmas.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-28 11:32 AM

Dave, the only valid comparison is the death rate per 1,000,000 population, because the total population for the EU is greater than the population for the UK, so comparing deaths here or there, without taking account of population size, produces nonsense numbers.

So, using Worldometers figures:

UK population: 68,415,982 - total deaths: 148,003 = 2163 deaths per 1,000,000 population.

EU population: 444,417,457 - total deaths: 895,602 = 2,015 deaths per 1,000,000 population.

Just in case the true result of your tasteless pursuit of UK glory compared to the EU by counting the comparative piles of bodies still isn't quite clear, 2,163 is a bigger number that 2,015, meaning that the UK, sadly, has a larger death rate then the EU as a whole. So, very sadly for us, out of the two, the UK came second. Facts, facts, facts. Get them right before mindless, pointless, bragging!

Worra Lying Pathetic Chimp! (lol) (lol) (lol)

They weren't though.....simply YOUR interpretation of what he'd written and now since Brian has posted figures from your preferred website, it's crystal clear UK has a higher death rate than EU, but you ignore that. Why?

pelmetman - 2021-12-29 1:07 PM

Barryd999 - 2021-12-27 11:29 PM

CurtainRaiser - 2021-12-27 11:06 PM

But Barry has already explained that to you.

Are you so drunk tonight that you can't remember?

Drinking when you are depressed, understandably given your window woes and broken Brexit promises, is not the solution.

Barryd999 - 2021-12-27 10:12 PM

Well you group the EU as one country so the average deaths since the start of the pandemic in the EU is 1.42 per million and the UK 2.01

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths

Some poorer countries have overtaken us but what you would call our western Europe peers have not.

What you also forget conveniently is the UK (an island nation remember) had the highest seven day total in the world on several occasions. I dont believe any country in Europe ever beat that. World beating at last. In death and dither and delay.

You never learn that when your in a hole you should stop digging do you?

On average the UK has a higher death rate even now when we are doing better because its not our turn right now than the EU on average if you group them together (which you like to do) since the start of the pandemic. There are lots of factors at play as to why our death rates have gone down but none of them can be attributed to the morons you support in government.

Tell you what. Go and look at the deaths for all Island nations and compare them to the UK and report back.

I see you got a new spade for Christmas >:-) ...........

WTF do you mean "its not our turn right now"? *-) .........

Omicron is spreading just as fast here as it is in the EU :-| .........

The difference is Boris has got us to the front of the Booster queue B-) ........

Unlike the incompetent EU *-) ...........

I Hope You and Your Fellow LOSERS Have a Hate Filled 2022 .......You Know You Want To (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Not really, we are ahead of most countries in Europe (not all) in boosters but not by much. Its the NHS that are delivering the jabs by the way not Johnson. In case you hadn't noticed. Johnson doesn't actually "do" anything.

On average the UK has a higher death rate even now when we are doing better because its not our turn right now than the EU on average if you group them together (which you like to do) since the start of the pandemic. There are lots of factors at play as to why our death rates have gone down but none of them can be attributed to the morons you support in government.

Tell you what. Go and look at the deaths for all Island nations and compare them to the UK and report back.

The difference is Boris has got us to the front of the Booster queue B-) ........

I Hope You and Your Fellow LOSERS Have a Hate Filled 2022 .......You Know You Want To (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Stop peddling LIES Pelmet......that fake nonsense has already been debunked.

During Prime Minister’s Questions, Johnson said that the percentage of the UK population who have received a booster vaccine was double that of any other European country.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

https://fullfact.org/health/boris-johnson-european-booster-rollout/

And where are the figures for other island nations what Barry asked you for?

As for "losers" and "hate" all i've been seeing has come from you and you'll still be seething with the same hate years on as you're a born loser.

Bulletguy - 2021-12-29 3:52 PM

Stop peddling LIES Pelmet......that fake nonsense has already been debunked.

During Prime Minister’s Questions, Johnson said that the percentage of the UK population who have received a booster vaccine was double that of any other European country.

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

https://fullfact.org/health/boris-johnson-european-booster-rollout/

And where are the figures for other island nations what Barry asked you for?

As for "losers" and "hate" all i've been seeing has come from you and you'll still be seething with the same hate years on as you're a born loser.

I have done his homework for him otherwise we would be waiting until we are all pushing up the daisy's.

Its quite horrifying. Ive not done all the island nations, just the ones that either have large or larger population than ours or ones Pelmet might have actually heard of.

Deaths per million from Covid for Island nations.

UK 2184 (170000+ deaths in total)

Indonesia 531

Philippines 465

Japan 145

Iceland 110 (only 36 deaths in total)

Australia 83

Madagascar 36

New Zealand 9 (only 51 deaths in total)

Source https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/

and a list of island nations here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_island_countries

See if you can fill in a few more Dave.

But your post is a dishonest snip Dave. The full quote is here:

Barryd999 - 2021-12-27 12:44 PM....................................You have to understand Pelmet logic. If all of a sudden we get lucky and for whatever reason have a lower death rate than those funny foreigners then the fact that our grand total of deaths far exceeds Europe and most other countries and the fact that the government have handled the pandemic from day one so badly is simply cancelled out.............................

Which Barry later qualified here:

Well you group the EU as one country so the average deaths since the start of the pandemic in the EU is 1.42 per million and the UK 2.01

Some poorer countries have overtaken us but what you would call our western Europe peers have not.

What you also forget conveniently is the UK (an island nation remember) had the highest seven day total in the world on several occasions. I dont believe any country in Europe ever beat that. World beating at last. In death and dither and delay.

Which should have clarified for you what he was talking about. It did for me. So, where, actually was the lie?

Selectively snipping someone's post, and then presenting the snip as representing the whole of their post is completely dishonest, especially after it had been qualified at your (ahem!) er, request, and can hardly be said to be lying (unless, of course, you're really, really, desperate to discredit the source of information that shows your own post to be at best, er, what shall we say, contentious, maybe?) After all, a lie is a deliberate and calculated untruth.

If you're going to call Barry a liar, on what basis can you possibly purport to believe what Johnson says? Apart, of course, from Johnson so obviously saying what you want to hear, and Barry equally obviously saying what you don't want to hear! :-D

So no, I didn't "ignore Barry's lies" because on any rational basis there was no lie.

On the other hand, however, your attempt at misrepresentation was entirely dishonest, cannot have been accidental, and gives a distorted and untrue impression of Barry's post. So, what would you call deliberately distorting what some said so that it looked as though they had said something different? A, er, what's the word? Begins with L, I think. Dunno, it escapes me. (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-12-29 5:20 PM

But your post is a dishonest snip Dave. The full quote is here:

Barryd999 - 2021-12-27 12:44 PM....................................You have to understand Pelmet logic. If all of a sudden we get lucky and for whatever reason have a lower death rate than those funny foreigners then the fact that our grand total of deaths far exceeds Europe and most other countries and the fact that the government have handled the pandemic from day one so badly is simply cancelled out.............................

Which Barry later qualified here:

Which should have clarified for you what he was talking about. It did for me. So, where, actually was the lie?

Selectively snipping someone's post, and then presenting the snip as representing the whole of their post is completely dishonest, especially after it had been qualified at your (ahem!) er, request, and can hardly be said to be lying (unless, of course, you're really, really, desperate to discredit the source of information that shows your own post to be at best, er, what shall we say, contentious, maybe?) After all, a lie is a deliberate and calculated untruth.

If you're going to call Barry a liar, on what basis can you possibly purport to believe what Johnson says? Apart, of course, from Johnson so obviously saying what you want to hear, and Barry equally obviously saying what you don't want to hear! :-D

So no, I didn't "ignore Barry's lies" because on any rational basis there was no lie.

On the other hand, however, your attempt at misrepresentation was entirely dishonest, cannot have been accidental, and gives a distorted and untrue impression of Barry's post. So, what would you call deliberately distorting what some said so that it looked as though they had said something different? A, er, what's the word? Begins with L, I think. Dunno, it escapes me. (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

So now you are also defending this Barry Bullsh1t Lie? *-) ..........

"Some poorer countries have overtaken us but what you would call our western Europe peers have not."

Is Belgium the home of the EU not one of our peers?..........Or Italy?........Or Poland? .........are their death rates not worse than ours? :-| .........

The only folk who are desperate to misrepresent the facts are you LOSERS, now that Boris's early rollout of the vaccines and the booster jab is paying dividends you are desperate to play down the FACT that Boris has shown the EU how to manage a Pandemic ;-)..........

AND We all know why that is dont we :D .........

Worra bunch of desperate pathetic LOSERS >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2021-12-30 10:26 AM

1 So now you are also defending this Barry Bullsh1t Lie? *-) .......... "Some poorer countries have overtaken us but what you would call our western Europe peers have not."

2 Is Belgium the home of the EU not one of our peers?..........

3 Or Italy?........

4 Or Poland? .........are their death rates not worse than ours? :-| .........

5 The only folk who are desperate to misrepresent the facts are you LOSERS, now that Boris's early rollout of the vaccines and the booster jab is paying dividends you are desperate to play down the FACT that Boris has shown the EU how to manage a Pandemic ;-)..........

6 AND We all know why that is dont we :D ..........

So, numbers again, Dave, just for clarity. :-)

1 No, I'm trying to get you to see reality from behind the sofa, where you seem to be hiding from it.

2 Yes, Belgium is where the EU headquarters is sited. But, Belgium is, nevertheless still Belgium, so is not "the EU". Your question is: does Belgium have a higher death rate than the UK? As of 30 December 2012 the death rate for Belgium is, according to Worldometers (your favourite source for Covid rates), 2,419 per 1,000,000 population.

So, answer to question? The death rate for the UK, from the same source, at the same date, is 2,164 per 1,000,000 population. So, yes, on that day, according to Worldometers, Belgium had a higher death rate than the UK.

3 From the same source, at the same date, the death rate for Italy is 2,270 per 1,000,000 population. So, again, as above, on that day, Italy had a higher death rate then the UK.

4 From the same source, at the same date, the death rate for Poland was 2,512 per 1,000,000 population. However, I would not regard Poland, as a member of the Visegrad group of ex eastern bloc member states of the EU, an economic peer of the UK. But again, as above, on that day Poland had a higher death rate than the UK - but, observing your own criterion that to be compared it should rate as a UK peer (which countries actually are economic peers to the UK is a whole different discussion), it should be disqualified.

5 I should point out that Barry's post was dated 27/12/2021. I don't know the date of the data Barry was quoting ('though Barry might), but as the numbers change daily the relative place of any country on your ghoulish disaster scorecard will have been liable to change over that time.

On which topic, if you look at the Worldometers weekly trends in Covid infections, you will see that, as of today, out all the World's countries, the UK is currently second for the number of new infections in the past seven days - behind only the USA! So it just might be better to cross your fingers and pray, instead of bragging over who has the larger pile of bodies, don't you think! *-)

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-30 4:47 PM

1 So now you are also defending this Barry Bullsh1t Lie? *-) .......... "Some poorer countries have overtaken us but what you would call our western Europe peers have not."

3 Or Italy?........

5 The only folk who are desperate to misrepresent the facts are you LOSERS, now that Boris's early rollout of the vaccines and the booster jab is paying dividends you are desperate to play down the FACT that Boris has shown the EU how to manage a Pandemic ;-)..........

No point in arguing with Dave about numbers.

I'm sure he used to argue with his maths teacher about the answers to sums.

( ... and he probably used to call his teacher names because he didn't agree with him ).

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-12-30 4:47 PM

3 Or Italy?........

1 No, I'm trying to get you to see reality from behind the sofa, where you seem to be hiding from it.

2 Yes, Belgium is where the EU headquarters is sited. But, Belgium is, nevertheless still Belgium, so is not "the EU". Your question is: does Belgium have a higher death rate than the UK? As of 30 December 2012 the death rate for Belgium is, according to Worldometers (your favourite source for Covid rates), 2,419 per 1,000,000 population.

So, answer to question? The death rate for the UK, from the same source, at the same date, is 2,164 per 1,000,000 population. So, yes, on that day, according to Worldometers, Belgium had a higher death rate than the UK.

3 From the same source, at the same date, the death rate for Italy is 2,270 per 1,000,000 population. So, again, as above, on that day, Italy had a higher death rate then the UK.

4 From the same source, at the same date, the death rate for Poland was 2,512 per 1,000,000 population. However, I would not regard Poland, as a member of the Visegrad group of ex eastern bloc member states of the EU, an economic peer of the UK. But again, as above, on that day Poland had a higher death rate than the UK - but, observing your own criterion that to be compared it should rate as a UK peer (which countries actually are economic peers to the UK is a whole different discussion), it should be disqualified.

5 I should point out that Barry's post was dated 27/12/2021. I don't know the date of the data Barry was quoting ('though Barry might), but as the numbers change daily the relative place of any country on your ghoulish disaster scorecard will have been liable to change over that time.

On which topic, if you look at the Worldometers weekly trends in Covid infections, you will see that, as of today, out all the World's countries, the UK is currently second for the number of new infections in the past seven days - behind only the USA! So it just might be better to cross your fingers and pray, instead of bragging over who has the larger pile of bodies, don't you think! *-)

Like I said a year or more ago when Barry Bulls1t and others started using the Pandemic scores on the doors as a weapon to bash Boris :-| .........

You LOSERS were crowing to early *-) .........

Perhaps you need to ask yourself why countries like Germany and France have now F*cked UP? :-| ........

Given the advantage they had over the UK ;-) ........

pelmetman - 2021-12-30 5:17 PM ...........................................

1 Like I said a year or more ago when Barry Bulls1t and others started using the Pandemic scores on the doors as a weapon to bash Boris :-| .........

2 You LOSERS were crowing to early *-) .........

3 Perhaps you need to ask yourself why countries like Germany and France have now F*cked UP? :-| ........

4 Given the advantage they had over the UK ;-) ........

Numbers again, for clarity! :-D

1 Back then Britain was doing significantly worse than most other countries while you were trying to claim otherwise. Are you now conceding that you were wrong?

2 Au contraire, IIRC several of us on here were trying to help you to see reality. There was no crowing, just sad incredulity that the UK, with all its inherent advantages, could have been allowed through sheer bad management to have fallen so far behind other, less well placed, countries.

3 You'll have to explain what you mean by F*cked UP. Using your chosen measure of success, the death rates per 1,000,000 population, are, at today's date, Germany: 1,327 per 1,000,000 and France: 1,881 per 1,000,000. UK, as above is currently 2,164 per 1,000,000 - and our rate of infection is rising faster than any other country except the USA. So, what other measure constitutes F*cked UP? Can't be anything to do with Covid, can it?

4 Now I'm really confused! You've always previously claimed it was the UK that had all the advantages. So what are these French and German advantages you've never previously acknowledged? Oh, wait - no - surely not - you don't mean .................... they don't have Boris as PM, surely? Still, it would fit the facts quite well, wouldn't it? (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2021-12-30 5:57 PM

pelmetman - 2021-12-30 5:17 PM ...........................................

1 Like I said a year or more ago when Barry Bulls1t and others started using the Pandemic scores on the doors as a weapon to bash Boris :-| .........

2 You LOSERS were crowing to early *-) .........

3 Perhaps you need to ask yourself why countries like Germany and France have now F*cked UP? :-| ........

4 Given the advantage they had over the UK ;-) ........

Numbers again, for clarity! :-D

1 Back then Britain was doing significantly worse than most other countries while you were trying to claim otherwise. Are you now conceding that you were wrong?

2 Au contraire, IIRC several of us on here were trying to help you to see reality. There was no crowing, just sad incredulity that the UK, with all its inherent advantages, could have been allowed through sheer bad management to have fallen so far behind other, less well placed, countries.

3 You'll have to explain what you mean by F*cked UP. Using your chosen measure of success, the death rates per 1,000,000 population, are, at today's date, Germany: 1,327 per 1,000,000 and France: 1,881 per 1,000,000. UK, as above is currently 2,164 per 1,000,000 - and our rate of infection is rising faster than any other country except the USA. So, what other measure constitutes F*cked UP? Can't be anything to do with Covid, can it?

4 Now I'm really confused! You've always previously claimed it was the UK that had all the advantages. So what are these French and German advantages you've never previously acknowledged? Oh, wait - no - surely not - you don't mean .................... they don't have Boris as PM, surely? Still, it would fit the facts quite well, wouldn't it? (lol) (lol) (lol)

1.....Back then the Pandemic had just appeared and Boris had been in the job for months......What's Germany and France's excuse now? ;-) .........

2......I Refer you to my thread titled "15" its quite easy to find if you use the search facility :D .......

3......Germany & France have had the best part of 2 years to prepare for the Delta variant and the Omicron......they haven't......so they have F*cked UP *-) ........

4.......You're easily confused as is eveident by you thinking deaths rates per 1million on "worldometer" refer to "That day" 8-) ........

Hows that list of Island nation Covid deaths per 1000000 going I started for you Dave?

Here it is again if you need reminding.

Indonesia 531

Philippines 465

Japan 145

Australia 83

Madagascar 36

pelmetman - 2021-12-30 6:08 PM .............................

1.....Back then the Pandemic had just appeared and Boris had been in the job for months......What's Germany and France's excuse now? ;-) .........

2......I Refer you to my thread titled "15" its quite easy to find if you use the search facility :D .......

3......Germany & France have had the best part of 2 years to prepare for the Delta variant and the Omicron......they haven't......so they have F*cked UP *-) ........

4.......You're easily confused as is eveident by you thinking deaths rates per 1million on "worldometer" refer to "That day" 8-) ........

1 "What's Germany and France's excuse now?" Excuse for what? Having lower total death rates per 1,000,000 population than UK? Do they need an excuse for that?

2 I can't find any thread by entering either 15, or "15" as search terms. Does it actually exist on this forum? Not one you got deleted, was it?

3 Untrue. Delta was first identified on 31 May 2021, seven months ago, and Omicron on 26 November 2021.just 5 weeks ago. Hardly two years to prepare, is it? Overclaiming again! You're a real chip off the old Boris block, aren't you! :-D

4 They do. There are three settings. "Now", "Yesterday", and "Two days ago". Given those options, "Now" seems to me to suggest today's figures. So 31/12/21 becomes "that day". What's wrong with that?

Brian Kirby - 2021-12-30 6:50 PM

1 "What's Germany and France's excuse now?" Excuse for what? Having lower total death rates per 1,000,000 population than UK? Do they need an excuse for that?

2 I can't find any thread by entering either 15, or "15" as search terms. Does it actually exist on this forum? Not one you got deleted, was it?

3 Untrue. Delta was first identified on 31 May 2021, seven months ago, and Omicron on 26 November 2021.just 5 weeks ago. Hardly two years to prepare, is it? Overclaiming again! You're a real chip off the old Boris block, aren't you! :-D

4 They do. There are three settings. "Now", "Yesterday", and "Two days ago". Given those options, "Now" seems to me to suggest today's figures. So 31/12/21 becomes "that day". What's wrong with that?

I think his "15" thread was where he'd just bought a new abacus and was keen to show the forum he'd figured out how to count to 30 with it. One of his mind blowing stimulating threads where most of the time he posted to himself.

I don't think he understands a word you've written as he clearly keeps contradicting himself, but doesn't appear to realise that.

Guest pelmetman

1........They "currently" have a death rate lower than the UK, it wont be long with deaths in the 100's everyday until they catch us up..........So what's their excuse for squandering their earlier advantage? :-| ........

2........https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/15-/58102/ ;-) ...........

3........Well you LOSERS seem to think Boris should have prepared for the pandemic that no one knew was coming, within just a few weeks of becoming PM..........Hypocrites *-) .........

4.........If you read my 15 thread you will see that we were overtaken months ago by many EU countries........The only question is which EU country will overtake us next (?) ...........Because its pretty bleedin obvious the EU's penny pinching and Merkels & Macron the Moron bad mouthing of AZ has cost lives 8-) ............But no doubt you LOSERS will ignore their F*ck Ups? >:-( ...........

Worra a bunch of Pathetic LOSERS *-) ..........

pelmetman - 2021-12-31 9:56 AM

1........They "currently" have a death rate lower than the UK, it wont be long with deaths in the 100's everyday until they catch us up..........So what's their excuse for squandering their earlier advantage? :-| ........

2........https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/General-Chat/Chatterbox/15-/58102/ ;-) ...........

3........Well you LOSERS seem to think Boris should have prepared for the pandemic that no one knew was coming, within just a few weeks of becoming PM..........Hypocrites *-) .........

4.........If you read my 15 thread you will see that we were overtaken months ago by many EU countries........The only question is which EU country will overtake us next (?) ...........Because its pretty bleedin obvious the EU's penny pinching and Merkels & Macron the Moron bad mouthing of AZ has cost lives 8-) ............But no doubt you LOSERS will ignore their F*ck Ups? >:-( ...........

Just wondered how you were getting on adding to that list of covid deaths by Island Nations Dave? Remember I started it for you?

There must be some that are worse than us surely seeing as Johnson has done such a good job here of protecting a nation surrounded by sea.

Covid deaths per million for Island nations.

Indonesia 531

Philippines 465

Japan 145

Australia 83

Madagascar 36

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2021-12-31 11:03 AM

Just wondered how you were getting on adding to that list of covid deaths by Island Nations Dave? Remember I started it for you?

There must be some that are worse than us surely seeing as Johnson has done such a good job here of protecting a nation surrounded by sea.

Indonesia 531

Philippines 465

Japan 145

Australia 83

Madagascar 36

Didn't your school master Dad teach you that the UK is made up of "3" countries? 8-) .........

Although the Cornish would say its 4 :D ..........

As ever you are getting a bit ahead of yourself there.

Yesterday's scores on the doors, as that's how you seek to downplay these deaths caused by Johnson

Cases 189,212 up 69,70 on a week ago

In hospital 11,898 up 3,644 on a week ago

Deaths 332 up 185 on a week ago

Normal delay between contracting covid and hospitalised is fourteen days so impact of Johnson's wait and see hasn't hit the hospitals yet.

Hospital beds per 1000 people (most recent World Bank data)

-Germany: 8.0

-France: 6.0

-Italy: 3.2

-UK: 2.5

ICU-CCB beds per 100,000 people

-Germany: 38.7

-France: 11.6

-Italy: 12.5

-UK: 6.6

UK hospital beds per 1000:

-2000: 4.08

-2005: 3.72

-2010: 3.54

-2015: 2.51

-2019: 2.46

Oh and Johnson says test test test, before you go out and meet others, just a shame they have run out of tests. Javid explains for the muppets that there is a worldwide shortage of tests. Wales plays a blinder and offers the 4,000,000 that they have spare...

Thanks for the link, Your html didn't work - but I found the string.

1 That is based on conjecture: that it "won't be long" before "they" overtake the UK's current death rate, for which "they" will need an excuse.

Way back in your "15" string, on 11 July 2021, while you were running round trying (unsuccessfully!) to prove that almost everyone else in the world had higher death/infection rates than the UK, you asked whose fault it was that the virus was spreading so fast (Your post of 10 July 2021 in response to Barry).

I pointed out then that the virus is passed around from person to person. I said "It is in all cases the fault of those people who knowing, fearing, or suspecting they had symptoms nevertheless travelled from their homes, and did, or could, not take precautions to avoid spreading it further or seek medical attention. The asymptomatic cannot be blamed, nor can those ignorant of the necessary precautions, or for whom the precautions were not available. That just leaves the others. The anonymous, selfish, irresponsible, inconsiderate spreaders who, judging from the scale of the spread, must knowingly have contributed to it."

The answer to your question remains unchanged. That their populations draw too much on the "I'll do whatever I want and hang everyone else", ultra libertarian, strand of right wing doctrine espoused by your political heroes here and abroad. If the cap fits, wear it! :-D

2 As above.

3 Boris Johnson became PM following the general election held on Thursday, 12 December 2019.

The first case of Covid was recorded in Wuhan, China, on 1 December 2019, 10 days before the election. By 13 January it was in Thailand, 16 January, Japan, 20 January South Korea & USA, 21 January Taiwan, 22 January Hong Kong & Macao, 23 January Nepal, Singapore & Vietnam, 24 January France, 25 January Australia, Canada & Malaysia, 27 January Cambodia, Germany & Sri Lanka, 29 January Finland, United Arab Emirates, 30 January India, Italy & Philippines, 31 January Russia, Spain, Sweden & United Kingdom......................

So tell me: when, exactly, did Johnson first impose travel restrictions on people entering the UK from countries with Covid? Enough of lame excuses!

4 Your whole "15" thread, right from your original post, was about "counting the scores on the doors" and trying to get you to understand that . See 1 above. Most of the content of that string was others, including me, trying to get you to understand that having one of the highest death rates in the world was not a reason for celebration, as you had originally thought - on the basis that "highest" meant "best" - but the opposite.

The current (as of yesterday) "Worldometers" "rankings" for "Europe" (in deaths per 1,000,000 population) are

1 Andorra 298,541

2 Montenegro 267,959

3 Gibraltar 254,811

4 Czechia 230,008

5 San Marino 224,896

6 Slovenia 222,258

7 Lithuania 194,248

8 UK 186,324

Only three of those countries are in the EU: Czechia, Slovenia, and Lithuania: all of which are ex eastern bloc countries so not reasonably comparable to the more economically developed "core" states. Andorra, Gibraltar & San Marino are independent protectorates/principalities within the EU with very small populations, so not statistically significant. Montenegro is not in the EU.

So that again places the UK at the head of the list of economically developed EU states for deaths per 1,000,000 population. As before, head of that list translates as worst performing. That is no reason for celebration. Quite the opposite. Unfortunately, it is what the data says.

Any data in your "15" thread, which you started on 5 May 2021 and was last posted to on 20 November, is now over a month old (and mostly significantly older), and none of it will take Omicron into account. On which basis, all your point 4 claims are based on hopelessly outdated data. You do realise the numbers change every day, don't you? ;-) Worra Pathetic LOSER (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

pelmetman - 2021-12-31 12:35 PM

Indonesia 531

Philippines 465

Japan 145

Australia 83

Madagascar 36

Didn't your school master Dad teach you that the UK is made up of "3" countries? 8-) .........

No because there are four countries in the UK! *-)

So what? We are still a small island surrounded by water. That should have given us an advantage over mainland Europe. Clearly other island nations have by a country mile kept infections and deaths at bay better than Johnson has yet you carry on defending the indefensible. He lost the battle way back in early 2020 by playing it down and refusing to listen to the advice being screamed at him from around the world and from our own scientists. As if that wasnt bad enough, time and time again throughout the pandemic he did the same yet still you defend the indefensible. Whats worse is not only do you defend this moron you actively try and wag the finger at the EU and Europe? Is there something wrong with you?

Barryd999 - 2021-12-31 1:47 PM

pelmetman - 2021-12-31 12:35 PM

Indonesia 531

Philippines 465

Japan 145

Australia 83

Madagascar 36

No because there are four countries in the UK! *-)

This shows why he's only ever managed a car park in Spain! (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)

So what? We are still a small island surrounded by water. That should have given us an advantage over mainland Europe. Clearly other island nations have by a country mile kept infections and deaths at bay better than Johnson has yet you carry on defending the indefensible. He lost the battle way back in early 2020 by playing it down and refusing to listen to the advice being screamed at him from around the world and from our own scientists. As if that wasnt bad enough, time and time again throughout the pandemic he did the same yet still you defend the indefensible. Whats worse is not only do you defend this moron you actively try and wag the finger at the EU and Europe? Is there something wrong with you?

There's a lot wrong with him!

Archived