That'll ruin the squads New Year...........

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-04 10:17 AM

pelmetman - 2022-01-04 9:25 AM

Brian Kirby - 2022-01-02 4:58 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-02 2:45 PM

Can someone explain the difference to the Chimp"s" above the difference between dying "within 28 days of a positive test" and dying of COVID *-) ........

Worra bunch of thick as sh1te Chimps :-| .......

I don't know, Dave. Perhaps you could explain it, to help us/them out?

If someone is run over by a bus and is rushed to hospital and dies.......yet they had tested positive in the previous 28 days for COVID ........what killed them? :-| ........

I'll make it simple for you....... the answer is a number ;-) ........

1.........Bus

2.........COVID

A fit healthy young footballer is taken ill and is rushed to hospital where he is diagnosed with Covid.

29 days later - he dies.

What did he die of ?

I'll make it easy for you.

It's Covid.

( So why would he be excluded from the governments figures ? )

:-|

He wouldn't.......he'd be included with those who died with COVID on their death certificate :-| .......

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=overview&areaName=United%20Kingdom

( So why are you telling lies? *-) )

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pelmetman - 2022-01-04 11:56 AM

Can someone explain the difference to the Chimp"s" above the difference between dying "within 28 days of a positive test" and dying of COVID *-) ........

If someone is run over by a bus and is rushed to hospital and dies.......yet they had tested positive in the previous 28 days for COVID ........what killed them? :-| ........

1.........Bus

2.........COVID

A fit healthy young footballer is taken ill and is rushed to hospital where he is diagnosed with Covid.

29 days later - he dies.

What did he die of ?

It's Covid.

He wouldn't.......he'd be included with those who died with COVID on their death certificate :-| .......

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths?areaType=overview&areaName=United%20Kingdom

Excellent !

So now you can see how the government are spinning the number of people who die from COVID by only ANNOUNCING those who die in the first 28 days.

I knew you get it eventually.

;-)

And more importantly how does Pelmethead, our most knowledgeable and self educated member, propose that Covid deaths should be recorded? Perhaps he could share with other forum members (aka LOSERS) his rationale as to why the changes introduced by Johnson's government more than seventeen months ago is suddenly so objectionable to him? Is it because it's producing big numbers?

And being a international business man he'll also know how covid deaths are recorded throughout Europe, although his knowledge of the German method will be particularly detailed. Perhaps he could share these systems with us and explain what the key differences are to the UK system?

malc d - 2022-01-04 12:57 PM

1.........Bus

2.........COVID

29 days later - he dies.

What did he die of ?

It's Covid.

Excellent !

So now you can see how the government are spinning the number of people who die from COVID by only ANNOUNCING those who die in the first 28 days.

;-)

966576709_DangerousDavePelmetSkeweredagain(Small).jpg.7b31f2bbfc28e8d57dff65a73bcb01e3.jpg

1169012452_Pissingmyselflaughing.gif.74708c37c6913e695a20529642398c37.gif

1.........Bus

2.........COVID

29 days later - he dies.

What did he die of ?

It's Covid.

Excellent !

I knew you'd get it eventually.

;-)

I don't think he does Malc which is why he's continually shooting himself in the foot making more senseless posts in his desperation to protect his beloved Johnson. He'll come back with some more inane rubbish.

Guest pelmetman

1.........Bus

2.........COVID

29 days later - he dies.

What did he die of ?

It's Covid.

Excellent !

;-)

You are telling lies again *-) ........

The numbers only include those who died **WITH**.... COVID...... NOT.... died "FROM"...... COVID :-| ........

Highlighted because you appear to be having trouble either reading or understanding the difference 8-) .........

pelmetman - 2022-01-04 3:39 PM

1.........Bus

2.........COVID

29 days later - he dies.

What did he die of ?

It's Covid.

Excellent !

;-)

The numbers only include those who died **WITH**.... COVID...... NOT.... died "FROM"...... COVID :-| ........

Highlighted because you appear to be having trouble either reading or understanding the difference 8-) .........

You're making yourself look very silly now. *-)

pelmetman - 2022-01-04 3:39 PM

1.........Bus

2.........COVID

29 days later - he dies.

What did he die of ?

It's Covid.

Excellent !

;-)

You seem to have avoided my questions?

"And more importantly how does Pelmethead, our most knowledgeable and self educated member, propose that Covid deaths should be recorded? Perhaps he could share with other forum members (aka LOSERS) his rationale as to why the changes introduced by Johnson's government more than seventeen months ago is suddenly so objectionable to him? Is it because it's producing big numbers?

And being a international business man he'll also know how covid deaths are recorded throughout Europe, although his knowledge of the German method will be particularly detailed. Perhaps he could share these systems with us and explain what the key differences are to the UK system?"

What is now unclear is the purpose of your latest change of direction? Are you suggesting that people are not dying because of covid? Have you joined the ranks of the covid deniers?

pelmetman - 2022-01-04 11:56 AM...................................

Ways to help yourself, Dave. :-)

Follow this link https://tinyurl.com/mr3cm89u to an explanation of the complications of recording death from, and with, Covid, by Professor John Newton of Public Health England, from August 2020. The blog is referenced by the ONS. Just follow the links in the blog for further information.

There: all you needed to know, and more - without calling anyone a liar! Simples! :-D

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-04 4:20 PM

"And more importantly how does Pelmethead, our most knowledgeable and self educated member, propose that Covid deaths should be recorded? Perhaps he could share with other forum members (aka LOSERS) his rationale as to why the changes introduced by Johnson's government more than seventeen months ago is suddenly so objectionable to him? Is it because it's producing big numbers?

And being a international business man he'll also know how covid deaths are recorded throughout Europe, although his knowledge of the German method will be particularly detailed. Perhaps he could share these systems with us and explain what the key differences are to the UK system?"

What is now unclear is the purpose of your latest change of direction? Are you suggesting that people are not dying because of covid? Have you joined the ranks of the covid deniers?

I'm looking forward to pelmethead explaining that one *-)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2022-01-04 4:52 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-04 11:56 AM...................................

Ways to help yourself, Dave. :-)

Follow this link https://tinyurl.com/mr3cm89u to an explanation of the complications of recording death from, and with, Covid, by Professor John Newton of Public Health England, from August 2020. The blog is referenced by the ONS. Just follow the links in the blog for further information.

There: all you needed to know, and more - without calling anyone a liar! Simples! :-D

It's not me that needs the help Brian ;-) ........

Its your fellow squad member Malc.d who seems to think that the figures from the government only includes those who died "from" COVID *-) .............

Perhaps you could send him a pm explaining the difference between dying "with"......and .....dying "from" :-| ..........

For example.......I will die "with" piles........not "from" piles.........

Guest pelmetman

I dont have a problem with the way COVID deaths are recorded, as its plain to anyone with half a brain that to carry out post-mortems is impractical *-) .........

I have a problem with the Squad who are perverting the facts by saying that they ONLY include those who died FROM COVID *-) .........

As is evident from this sh1te posted by malc.d 8-) ........

"So now you can see how the government are spinning the number of people who die from COVID by only ANNOUNCING those who die in the first 28 days."

Obviously the "d" in malc d stands for DUMB (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2022-01-05 9:10 AM

Excellent !

He's starting name calling ( again ).

I take that to mean that Dave has conceded ' defeat '.

:-D

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-05 11:23 AM

Excellent !

If you think that......then you really are DUMB (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

BTW have you managed to work out the difference between "Dying From" and "Dying With" (?) .........

pelmetman - 2022-01-05 11:45 AM

Excellent !

BTW have you managed to work out the difference between "Dying From" and "Dying With" (?) .........

Regardless of dying "with" or " from " Covid ( which even you appear to understand ) have YOU worked what the difference is between dying before or after 28 days ?

I dont have a problem with the way COVID deaths are recorded, as its plain to anyone with half a brain that to carry out post-mortems is impractical *-) .........

I have a problem with the Squad who are perverting the facts by saying that they ONLY include those who died FROM COVID *-) .........

As is evident from this sh1te posted by malc.d 8-) ........

"So now you can see how the government are spinning the number of people who die from COVID by only ANNOUNCING those who die in the first 28 days."

So you are really saying that as of today, 148,941 deaths is acceptable but 172,657 is not? What a strange person you are.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Excellent !

I'd say he defeated himself long back by trying to be a smart arse. Meanwhile here is todays figures.

1223570149_CoviddeathsUKGov5thJan2022.thumb.JPG.017a04cd9ef795ff65e536ffade10ded.JPG

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-05 1:08 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-05 11:45 AM

Excellent !

Regardless of dying "with" or " from " Covid ( which even you appear to understand ) have YOU worked what the difference is between dying before or after 28 days ?

Yep ;-) ...........

UK Health Security Agency

Organisations: UK Health Security Agency

Defining a COVID-19 death

Although it might seem straightforward, counting the number of people who have died from COVID-19 related illness is complex.

The infection can lead to death soon after diagnosis, but it may also cause death many weeks later. ****Someone who tests positive can of course die from another cause such as cancer or heart disease at any time.****

A death in someone who has tested positive becomes progressively less likely to be directly due to COVID-19 as time passes and more likely to be due to another cause. However, there is no agreed cut-off after which COVID-19 can be excluded as a likely cause and sadly, we know that some people die from their infection many weeks later. Coronavirus can also contribute to a death without being the main or “underlying” cause.

The World Health Organization (WHO) recognises this complexity and states that:

A COVID-19 death is defined for surveillance purposes as a death resulting from a clinically compatible illness in a probable or confirmed COVID-19 case, unless there is a clear alternative cause of death that cannot be related to COVID-19 disease (e.g. trauma).

This definition therefore requires a clinical assessment of each case.

For several months, the COVID-19 Data Dashboard has been reporting, for England, all deaths in people who have a positive test. This a robust measure as it uses the fact of a positive test and the fact of death to derive the number reported. ****However, it is only an approximation of the number of people who die from COVID-19 because other causes of death are included**** and some people who die from COVID-19 never had a positive test. It was decided to adopt this measure in April in order to be sure not to underestimate the number of COVID-19 related deaths. It was always intended to review the approach as the pandemic progressed.

The countries of the UK have been using slightly different methods. Scotland, for example, has only been counting deaths within 28 days of a positive test so that deaths from COVID-19 beyond 28 days are not included.

Let me know if you need any help in understanding the above ;-) ........

BTW I wonder what Sturgeon has to hide? :-| ..........

Or more to the point why the Squad haven't got a problem with her not counting those who died after 28 days? >:-) .........

As if I didn't know :D .........

Worra bunch of LOSER Chimps (lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

Surprised that you missed out the rest of that piece of which documents the changes in place since August 2020?

"What is changing?

Two new deaths indicators will now be used by all four nations in the UK to provide a full picture of both recent trends and the longer-term burden of the disease.

The additional indicators which will be used to calculate daily death figures are:

the number of deaths in people with COVID-19 that occur within 28 days of a first positive laboratory-confirmed test. This is intended to provide a headline indicator of the immediate impact of recent epidemic activity. Deaths that occur more than 28 days after a positive test will not be included in this count.

the number of deaths that occur within 60 days of a first positive test. Deaths that occur after 60 days will also be added to this figure if COVID-19 appears on the death certificate. This will provide a more complete measure of the burden of the disease over time.

Using these new measures, the total number of deaths in people with laboratory-confirmed infection is reduced by 5,377 if only deaths within 28-day of a test are included, and by 1,668 if including only deaths within 60 days or at any time with COVID-19 mentioned on the death certificate.

This approach has been peer reviewed by external statistical experts."

https://ukhsa.blog.gov.uk/2020/08/12/behind-the-headlines-counting-covid-19-deaths/

What's up, did it not match your narrative?

Guest pelmetman
CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-06 9:26 AM

Surprised that you missed out the rest of that piece of which documents the changes in place since August 2020?

"What is changing?

Two new deaths indicators will now be used by all four nations in the UK to provide a full picture of both recent trends and the longer-term burden of the disease.

The additional indicators which will be used to calculate daily death figures are:

the number of deaths in people with COVID-19 that occur within 28 days of a first positive laboratory-confirmed test. This is intended to provide a headline indicator of the immediate impact of recent epidemic activity. Deaths that occur more than 28 days after a positive test will not be included in this count.

the number of deaths that occur within 60 days of a first positive test. Deaths that occur after 60 days will also be added to this figure if COVID-19 appears on the death certificate. This will provide a more complete measure of the burden of the disease over time.

Using these new measures, the total number of deaths in people with laboratory-confirmed infection is reduced by 5,377 if only deaths within 28-day of a test are included, and by 1,668 if including only deaths within 60 days or at any time with COVID-19 mentioned on the death certificate.

https://ukhsa.blog.gov.uk/2020/08/12/behind-the-headlines-counting-covid-19-deaths/

All that says is that Sturgeon has decided to include those who died after 28 days "WITH COVID".

It's funny how she's moved her goalposts now the worst of the Pandemic appears to be over *-) ......

Perhaps up until now her numbers were far worse than Englands? 8-) .........

Still no exact numbers for those who "actually" died from COVID........but I guess we'll never know the true figure.........not that you Boris Haters are "actually" bothered with the truth (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

Got any Balls yet? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2022-01-06 9:37 AM

CurtainRaiser - 2022-01-06 9:26 AM

"What is changing?

All that says is that Sturgeon has decided to include those who died after 28 days "WITH COVID".

It's funny how she's moved her goalposts now the worst of the Pandemic appears to be over *-) ......

Perhaps up until now her numbers were far worse than Englands? 8-) .........

Still no exact numbers for those who "actually" died from COVID........but I guess we'll never know the true figure.........not that you Boris Haters are "actually" bothered with the truth (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

Got any Balls yet? >:-) .........

Oh look you have lost the argument and need to resort to childish insults. Although I note that you still haven't mastered English comprehension then?

So go on tell us how you think covid deaths should be recorded?

And then tell us how WHO suggests deaths are recorded?

It will give you something to do while you wait for your windows to arrive.

pelmetman - 2022-01-06 9:08 AM

. It was always intended to review the approach as the pandemic progressed.

I'm quite pleased to see that the WHO agree with me.

If someone dies FROM Covid, it makes no difference whether they die before or after 28 days.

A random figure of 28 days was chosen for reporting purposes - and it was intended to review it - but presumably have not yet got round to doing so.

Not surprising really - they have been too busy.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-06 10:40 AM

If someone dies FROM Covid, it makes no difference whether they die before or after 28 days.

A random figure of 28 days was chosen for reporting purposes - and it was intended to review it - but presumably have not yet got round to doing so.

;-)

So where does the WHO say only those who died "FROM COVID" are included in the data? :-S .........

Perhaps you can highlight where it does? ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2022-01-06 11:37 AM

malc d - 2022-01-06 10:40 AM

;-)

So where does the WHO say only those who died "FROM COVID" are included in the data? :-S .........

I haven't suggested they do say that - so why ask ME ?

Archived