That'll ruin the squads New Year...........

Guest pelmetman

Gremlin - 2022-01-06 10:12 AM

I say this because we saw the same figures - but we were presented them within the context of population density. I shall keep the next bit as simple as possible as I am aware of the intellectual standards of those who now “own” Chatterbox.

The population density of the EU is circa 117 per Km2

The equivalent figure for the U.K. is circa 268 per Km2

Interesting first post?

But lets have a look at population density by country, not comparing just one country with 27.

https://www.worldometers.info/population/countries-in-europe-by-population/

How does your argument then stack up?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2022-01-06 12:12 PM

pelmetman - 2022-01-06 11:37 AM

malc d - 2022-01-06 10:40 AM

pelmetman - 2022-01-06 9:08 AM

UK Health Security Agency

Organisations: UK Health Security Agency

The World Health Organization (WHO) recognises this complexity and states that:

. It was always intended to review the approach as the pandemic progressed.

I'm quite pleased to see that the WHO agree with me.

If someone dies FROM Covid, it makes no difference whether they die before or after 28 days.

A random figure of 28 days was chosen for reporting purposes - and it was intended to review it - but presumably have not yet got round to doing so.

Not surprising really - they have been too busy.

;-)

So where does the WHO say only those who died "FROM COVID" are included in the data? :-S .........

I haven't suggested they do say that - so why ask ME ?

:-|

What did you mean by this statement (?) ............

"So now you can see how the government are spinning the number of people who die from COVID by only ANNOUNCING those who die in the first 28 days."

It certainly "Suggests" to me that you believe the figures only applies to those who died "FROM COVID" :-| .........

So do you now accept that the figures also include those who died "FROM" heart attacks, cancer, dementia, etc etc but also tested positive for COVID?............

Gremlin

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums - it's interesting to have someone new enter the Kiddies Korner forum cage-fighting arena - though it beats me where the challenge is. If you are going to bother to compete, best you read the "CHATTERBOX STANDARDS" thread at the top of the Chatterbox homepage.

I've brought this thread back to the Chatterbox forum having edited it heavily and frozen it. Many of the postings made yesterday have been deleted from the point where the thread went completely off-topic and became an abusive head-to-head slanging contest.

Although Chatterbox is now dominated by a few people expressing their socio-political views, I'm given to understand that this is acceptable to the forum Administrator provided that the views are not too extreme and arguments are not too unpleasant.

It's worth bearing in mind that it's a lot easier for a forum moderator/administrator to remove a complete thread than it is to try to edit a thread to tone it down.

So feel free to continue to use your strange vocabulary and favourite nicknames, but don't let threads turn into off-topic shouting matches (or even on-topic shouting matches for that matter).

Archived