You’re Banned!

crocs

It should be fairly easy to nock out a decent working forum these days on a modern platform. Unless they intend to include a lot of server side stuff and bells and whistles I Cant see why its taking them so long. Not quite the same thing but in 2013 I set up the motorhome Fruitcakes forum from the back of the van in a muddy field on Flamborough head on a stormy night in November after half a bottle of Scotch and its still going strong! (lol)

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's hope so.

I no longer own a motorcaravan and don't subscribe to any leisure magazines. What motorhome-related knowledge I have is rapidly becoming outdated and there's no real incentive for me to continue participating on motorhome forums. So when the O&AL forum moves to a new platform I plan to bow out.

Derek Uzzell - 2022-05-10 7:13 AM

Let's hope so. when the O&AL forum moves to a new platform I plan to bow out.

Better not to wait around cause if you wait for the new site You'll still be here for a long time

Derek Uzzell - 2022-05-10 7:13 AM

I no longer own a motorcaravan and don't subscribe to any leisure magazines. What motorhome-related knowledge I have is rapidly becoming outdated and there's no real incentive for me to continue participating on motorhome forums. So when the O&AL forum moves to a new platform I plan to bow out.

I undertsand exactly how Derek feels, being in more or less a similar situation.

Whilst I still have the opportunity I would like to thank Derek for his invaluable contributions over the years. His invaluable memory and knowledge has helped me and countless others to resolve issues so many times.

At times it felt like he has single handedly kept the techy side of this forum going and for that we all owe him a big thank you.

He and I have had words in the past as different people see things from different perspectives but I wish Derek and his good lady a long and happy retirement.

It will be a shame if members start drifting away as there are some really knowledgeable and valuable contributors on here like yourself Derek.

You often get some really detailed and helpful responses on here and its quite a knowledge base.

As for the banned message kicking you out when you post, if you click back your post should still be there. What I do is just have it logged in on a second browser so if I get kicked out on one I then just open up the thread on the other and try from there. My main browser is Google Chrome but I have the same logins and bookmarks in Microsoft Edge browser so if one fails usually the other works and vice versa.

Yes I do the same - have two different browsers running the OA&AL forum simultaneously and copy and paste a part-completed posting from the 'banned' forum to the other browser. It's still a bugbear though and some odd extra advertising that occasionally pops up is another irritant.

Barryd999 - 2022-05-10 1:43 PM

It will be a shame if members start drifting away as there are some really knowledgeable and valuable contributors on here like yourself Derek.

He won't go anywhere he threw a wobbly a couple of years ago and was only off for a couple of days

Derek Uzzell - 2022-05-10 2:20 PM

Yes I do the same - have two different browsers running the OA&AL forum simultaneously and copy and paste a part-completed posting from the 'banned' forum to the other browser. It's still a bugbear though and some odd extra advertising that occasionally pops up is another irritant.

Try the Adguard extension for whichever browser you use. I get no ads in Chrome or Edge.

witzend - 2022-05-10 3:25 PM

Barryd999 - 2022-05-10 1:43 PM

He won't go anywhere he threw a wobbly a couple of years ago and was only off for a couple of days

In fact it was over 3 years ago and it was comments by you and one other forum member in this January 2019 discussion that provoked the temporary 'wobbly'.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Portsmouth-to-Bilbao-help-please/51014/

In January 2019 the coronavirus pandemic was yet to happen and we owned a LHD motorhome that we anticipated would be regularly used for the trips abroad that it was bought for. Nowadays our motorcaravanning days are over and future driving trips abroad will involve a car and commercial accommodation.

As long as you continue to participate after the move to the new platform has occurred, I'm sure forum members can be confident that this forum will continue to flourish.

Derek Uzzell - 2022-05-11 7:31 AM

As long as you continue to participate after the move to the new platform has occurred, I'm sure forum members can be confident that this forum will continue to flourish.

And who said that Derek does not have a sense of humour!!

Tracker - 2022-05-11 10:53 AM

Derek Uzzell - 2022-05-11 7:31 AM

And who said that Derek does not have a sense of humour!!

And a Van.

I wonder which 29th may ++++ he means

29 May 2022 - but I’ve no idea what “And a Van” is supposed to mean...

Aren't you tired of these silly personal remarks? I've certainly had a guts full.

I‘m well aware that - for some reason known only to yourself - I’m on your ‘black list’, but that’s no reason to keep making these tedious irrelevant Twitter-style comments.

I tried to get on the Forum just now and got the your banned message too, I just left the page and wandered round some other forums I use, then came back and tried OAL again and hey presto here I am un banned ? 14 05 22 20 45

• 3 weeks later...

As has often been said, there is no point in contacting the admiistrators as there is nothing they can do.

The work around too, has often been stated on various threads.

No point in moaning - it is what it is - and will not change until the 'new platform' arrives - which should be drekkly.

Tracker - 2022-06-02 7:11 PM

As has often been said, there is no point in contacting the admiistrators as there is nothing they can do.

Are you trying to fill D Ussels Boots now He didn't have a Van or any recent motorhome Knowledge so they should fitt

Archived