GOOD NEWS DAY!

Keithl

The news you have all been waiting for...

I have received an email today from Daniel saying the new forum layout is now ready and will be rolled out next week. Watch out for the OAL emails and website news page for details and I will post here if I hear more.

And now the bad news, the forum is likely to be down for possibly two days while the change is made to the new layout. So if you try and log in during this time you will see a holding screen informing you of this fact.

If you have any questions about the forum or new layout please post to this thread and I will pass back to Daniel and the team.

Keith.

Hi all - the forum is a whole new system so all users will need to reset their passwords before being allowed to log in for the first time. The beauty of this forum is that it should  work better on mobiles and tablets as well as computers.

You will need the email address that is registered on your forum account to be active so you can recieve the forgotten password link. Email the forum moderators if you are having problems

Thanks

Rachel 

No problems here either. Used the same password as before..

Good effort migrating that lot across without any (noticeable) hiccups - well done MMM.

P.S. I edited this post to see if, like most forums, you now got a grace period of a few minutes to correct spelling errors etc. without the edit showing. Apparently not.

2 hours ago, Keithl said:

You do not need a new account, just reset the password on your old account.

And ditto the comments on grey font, it is difficult to read on the white background, please can the font be made darker?

Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback on this. Are you able to attach a screenshot on what part specifically you were referring to or provide a bit more info on which font you were talking about. We can look into this in more detail to look at changing this. 

Thanks
Dean

When I first went to post it highlighted that I needed to log in or register, fair enough, when trying to log in it refused and told me either email or password was wrong, clicked on 'reset password' and at first it told me someone else was already registered with that email, I needed to try again to reset password, it then sent link.

As for colours, fine for me.

42 minutes ago, Deanio said:

Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback on this. Are you able to attach a screenshot on what part specifically you were referring to or provide a bit more info on which font you were talking about. We can look into this in more detail to look at changing this. 

Thanks
Dean

The grey font on white is not clear enough, black stands out far better...

image.png.b92d8210b8e9fb9b27988d799da26d77.png

17 minutes ago, Keithl said:

The grey font on white is not clear enough, black stands out far better...

image.png.b92d8210b8e9fb9b27988d799da26d77.png

Regards font and colour, black font on light blue background (similar to how the quotes are) would be better than white which is too harsh. There also appears to be no means of previewing post before sending.....unless i've overlooked something?

Other than that, great improvement so well done to the OAL team.

5 minutes ago, Robinhood said:

Well, once I'd remembered which of my email addresses was the appropriate one, I managed to resurrect myself 

Looks like you'll have to put up with me for a bit longer.

I'll be interested to experiment how well it copes with pictures when I get back from le Continent.

48mb so errm, rather small! ☹️

Changed my password and logon was no issue. Like "the bullet" I am interested to use the image upload as I found this an area of concern with the old system, it seemed very clunky.

I love change so long as it is good change looking forward to using the new system.
Thank you Warners for spending the cash. I hope you paid for it last month. My A$ To UK£ has appreciated by around 15% since Feb this year. Cheers

11 hours ago, Robinhood said:

Well, once I'd remembered which of my email addresses was the appropriate one, I managed to resurrect myself 

Looks like you'll have to put up with me for a bit longer.

I'll be interested to experiment how well it copes with pictures when I get back from le Continent.

Always look forward to your pics and routes.

We ourselves have not toured Germany for 3 years now, mainly touring the UK. Looking to tour Germany again next year

6 hours ago, Geeco said:

Keith I am struggling to find where the previous comments re my vehicle details are shown in this new format. Cheers Gary

Same here Gary! I was looking where to add a signature and couldn't find that so will have to spend some time later...

38 minutes ago, Keithl said:

Same here Gary! I was looking where to add a signature and couldn't find that so will have to spend some time later...

If you go into your profile, about halfway down the page on RHS is a tab titled "About Me" 

I have put my vehicle detail in there. 

I assume that if you click on another members profile you can access that information?

No idea where to add a signature however? 

Archived