GOOD NEWS DAY!

Keithl

34 minutes ago, laimeduck said:

If you go into your profile, about halfway down the page on RHS is a tab titled "About Me" 

I have put my vehicle detail in there. 

I assume that if you click on another members profile you can access that information?

No idea where to add a signature however? 

Right, found that but not very accessible and certainly of no use when trying to answer a post.

image.thumb.png.17b084f2733dc0e4f89177f8b5824f19.png

1 hour ago, laimeduck said:

If you go into your profile, about halfway down the page on RHS is a tab titled "About Me" 

I have put my vehicle detail in there. 

I assume that if you click on another members profile you can access that information?

No idea where to add a signature however? 

Hi,

In your account go to account settings, there should now be an option at the bottom of the menu on the left, that says "Signatures".

Thank you for pointing out that these were not activated.

Best wishes,

PaulD

16 minutes ago, colin said:

Very odd, can see signatures when viewing in landscape but not when viewing in portrait .

Hi,

Signatures are usually de-activated on mobile views (portrait). The thinking here I believe is to remove unnecessary clutter from the reduced screen size.

We do have an option to show signatures on mobile if there is demand for it.

Best wishes,

PaulD 

Initially I was unable to login and guessed that - because my O&AL “Derek Uzzell” forum account was created in 2006 - that the account would have no email address listed  on it. I contacted the Administrator who confirmed that an address was missing and added the necessary information. As will be obvious, this fixed the problem and saved me using one of my alter ego accounts. Any really long-term forum member finding themselves unable to login using what they believe is the correct email address may hit the same problem and will need to contact the Administrator to overcome it.

For what it’s worth, it appears that - besides there being a 48.83MB size limit for an individual attachment - there is also a 488.28MB attachment overall size limit. The statistics for my account show that my postings since 2006 had 1826 attachments totalling 137.36MB - not too surprising given the old forum’s 100KB attachment-size limit (or 200KB for Moderators). Nowadays - if I were to attach seven more files each with a 48.83MB size - this would pretty much fill up my account’s overall allocation. Not sure what would happen then, but the overall limit does mean that there’s stiil an incentive to keep attachment sizes down.

(I just wanted to login to see what the scope of the new forum was. I shall not be participating.)

Hi all

I (and admin!) have had a bit of a faff getting me logged in.

For some reason I am not receiving any "validation" emails(be it for the password reset, nor for the "new" account that I/we have set up).

Even when Admin(who were very helpful and VERY patient!) set up password(s) their end, it  still wouldn't recognise them (and I had deleted all saved outandaboutlive passwords from my devices and browsers).

In the end, I re-registered "afresh" but was able to use my exiting username and email because Admin had removed  them from my old account for me but even then it took Admin to "validate" the account their end because, as said, I am not receiving their auto/system emails ?

(Hello Derek..I trust that all is well with you all,your end..).

Disappointing to see so little 'improvement'.

Lots of fancy add ons that I suspect most of us will never use.

The font size and contrast has been improved, for which thanks Warners, much better.

There seems to me to be too much empty space with everything spread out too much so there is a lot less on screen without scrolling which is a nuisance on a PC but might well be a pain to use on a small screen?

Mote of a worry is the censorship that seems to have removed any postings that do not suit the moderators own views about the new forum - and that is a concern.

Sorry Warners - not impressed.

Archived