A Tory tells the truth!

Barryd999

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Great to see Barryd999 still "not giving a to$$ about Brexit" anymore . One can only imagine what he'd be like if he did 

As I keep saying, its the damage its left in its wake and continues to do so. We simply cannot shake off or forget about Brexit as its responsible directly and indirectly for so much that is now going wrong with our country.  Until we can admit that as painful as it will be for some but especially our leaders admitting it then we are only going to go one way, downhill.

Rishi Sunak is a clever man supposedly. Why has he not come out and said "you know what, Brexit is rubbish"? Because he knows it, I know it, you probably know it, Keir Starmer knows it and the vast majority of the electorate now know it so why dont they just admit it?

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

As I keep saying, its the damage its left in its wake and continues to do so. We simply cannot shake off or forget about Brexit as its responsible directly and indirectly for so much that is now going wrong with our country.  Until we can admit that as painful as it will be for some but especially our leaders admitting it then we are only going to go one way, downhill.

Rishi Sunak is a clever man supposedly. Why has he not come out and said "you know what, Brexit is rubbish"? Because he knows it, I know it, you probably know it, Keir Starmer knows it and the vast majority of the electorate now know it so why dont they just admit it?

Thanks for clearing that up Barryd999 . I get ya, you "dont give a to$$ about Brexit" but you do is what I believe youre saying . Much respect for clearing that up 

8 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

You! or at least you will be when we end up rejoining the single market after you spent years bleating about how nothing is Brexits fault. 

I dont recall ever "bleating about how nothing is Brexits fault". That would just be silly wouldnt it?. Just like blaming everything on Brexit would, who would do that?

11 hours ago, Barryd999 said:

You! or at least you will be when we end up rejoining the single market after you spent years bleating about how nothing is Brexits fault. 

So how are you Rejoiners going to convince Joe Public to ditch the pound? As even Sturgeon is having problems with that particular Elephant🤣

5 hours ago, B Dobson said:

I dont recall ever "bleating about how nothing is Brexits fault". That would just be silly wouldnt it?. Just like blaming everything on Brexit would, who would do that?

Sorry I got you confused with Dead Minger Lineker. Easy mistake I suppose. 

4 hours ago, Barry Lineker said:

So how are you Rejoiners going to convince Joe Public to ditch the pound? A

That will be easy when the Tories have (totally) crashed it

Problem will be convincing EU coutries to let us back in

They seem to be doing well out of Brexit

Paris already overtaken London as Europe's biggest stock market.

1 hour ago, Barry Lineker said:

For rejoining the EU it is, so good luck convincing Joe public to accept that particular elephant🤣

I'm not overly bothered if we don't join the EU again as full members.  We never played the game properly anyway.  Joe public already think leaving the EU was a mistake so I don't suppose too many of them will have an issue with closer alignment because they are starting to see the damage this particular hard Brexit has done, especially now its obvious to everyone there were no sunlit uplands or super new and much better trade deals and there never will be.  If we are going to carry on just as we were before then Brexit has been pointless so we may as well be in the single market and customs union. Its crackers being out of it unless we were serious about going off doing our own thing and we are not, clearly.

Brexit will go down as our biggest and most expensive mistake ever, its just going to take a while for everyone to admit that.

1 hour ago, Barryd999 said:

I'm not overly bothered if we don't join the EU again as full members.  We never played the game properly anyway.  Joe public already think leaving the EU was a mistake so I don't suppose too many of them will have an issue with closer alignment because they are starting to see the damage this particular hard Brexit has done, especially now its obvious to everyone there were no sunlit uplands or super new and much better trade deals and there never will be.  If we are going to carry on just as we were before then Brexit has been pointless so we may as well be in the single market and customs union. Its crackers being out of it unless we were serious about going off doing our own thing and we are not, clearly.

Brexit will go down as our biggest and most expensive mistake ever, its just going to take a while for everyone to admit that.

🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Barry Lineker said:

For rejoining the EU it is, so good luck convincing Joe public to accept that particular elephant🤣

He's doing it again!  ECHR ruling 1.2!  😄  Barry said "single market and customs union", not EU.  That are not the same thing.  That is not a semantic distinction, it is just pointing out (metaphorically) that chalk is not cheese, and that everything the contains the word European does not point to the same institution.

12 minutes ago, Brian Kirby said:

He's doing it again!  ECHR ruling 1.2!  😄  Barry said "single market and customs union", not EU.  That are not the same thing.  That is not a semantic distinction, it is just pointing out (metaphorically) that chalk is not cheese, and that everything the contains the word European does not point to the same institution.

So just for clarification, are you Rejoiners saying you DONT want to rejoin the EU? 🤣

2 hours ago, Barry Lineker said:

So just for clarification, are you Rejoiners saying you DONT want to rejoin the EU? 🤣

No, not bothered. I would rather just be in the single market and customs union and be a rule taker. The less input and control our current government have the better. 

Its only a matter of time now that this is what will happen. 

Archived