Tyre inflator battery???

yorkyram1

Hi, Ive recently bought a RAC 900 tyre inflator which i believe are quite good for motorhome tyres...however..i understand you need to connect it to the vehicle battery to use it. As its located under the floor at passenger side of cab i wonder what others use to make life easier...do you have to purchase another battery or is there other devises out there on the market???...sorry to sound a bit dumb on this issue....i am!!!  lol

3 hours ago, Bern Wombat said:

I run my tyre inflator from the cigarette lighter socket, with the engine idling. Needed a 12v extension lead to reach the rear wheels.

That will work with a lower powered tyre inflator but the RAC900 Air compressor in question is rated at 280 Watts so will draw well in excess of 20 Amps and hence requires connecting directly to the battery.

https://www.ringautomotive.com/en/product/RAC900

I used a Ring inflator plugged into a 12v socket when I had a touring caravan.  However, I switched to a motorhome this year and found that it was not really able to cope with the higher pressures required.  Also, traiing the wire around was impractical so I bought this cordless inflator which works very well.  It can also be used on 12v if the battery is flat.

I bought the Aldi version of DaveS's inflator. Works fine on the car, not sure if it'll go to 75psi required by the MH. The plaque says it's made by Ferrex/Rothenberger, a fairly reliable manufacturer and is quoted at 7bar which is over 100psi. Will check it when M/H is back from the menders. Aldi don't sell it in store, leastways I couldn't find it, so bought it online. About fifteen quid but you do need to buy the battery and charger

Archived