Germany in a Motorhome

B Dobson

Nice consolation. Germany has four cup wins, four second and four third places.

Apart from the stolen cup you at most wooden medals.

And even if some English brands are now German-owned, they continue to have the best motorhomes in the world which it is no coincidence that you too buy.

3 minutes ago, mtravel said:

And even if some English brands are now German-owned, they continue to have the best motorhomes in the world which it is no coincidence that you too buy.

I dont follow football, but how is Italy doing in the world cup?

1 hour ago, mtravel said:

You seem obsessed with 1966 

22 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

You seem obsessed with 1966 

Obsessed ? I don't, some English maybe yes.

n 1966 I had just become a teenager, since then I have had a satisfying and quite adventurous life, think I spent time in Muskogee, not far from Tulsa and I remember his RV Park.

Then I had to wait 20 years before becoming a motorhomer, which allowed me to travel almost all of Europe and not just France and sunny Spain.

Obsessed ? I don't, some English maybe yes.

n 1966 I had just become a teenager, since then I have had a satisfying and quite adventurous life, think I spent time in Muskogee, not far from Tulsa and I remember his RV Park.

Then I had to wait 20 years before becoming a motorhomer, which allowed me to travel almost all of Europe and not just France and sunny Spain.

Have you ever thought of putting your travels down in writing, publish a book maybe as you're travels sound fascinating and would be a Motorhome inspiration to many 

Since 2000 I have written more than forty travel reports.

Five Scandinavians, three in Great Britain, two in Ireland, I don't remember how many in Germany, France and Spain.

I didn't miss Portugal, the Baltic republics or even Romania.

Obviously all in Italian, if someone has no problems with the language I can send them. Obviously for free.

Actually, for friends on another forum I made an English version of my last trip to Germany (2020).

Anyone interested?

Ask me.

5 minutes ago, mtravel said:

Since 2000 I have written more than forty travel reports.

Five Scandinavians, three in Great Britain, two in Ireland, I don't remember how many in Germany, France and Spain.

I didn't miss Portugal, the Baltic republics or even Romania.

Obviously all in Italian, if someone has no problems with the language I can send them. Obviously for free.

Actually, for friends on another forum I made an English version of my last trip to Germany (2020).

Anyone interested?

Ask me.

Couldn't you post up 1 report a day on here for us all to read with photos also . Be aware though nude beach travel shots might get the thread moved 

12 minutes ago, B Dobson said:

Couldn't you post up 1 report a day on here for us all to read with photos also . Be aware though nude beach travel shots might get the thread moved 

My reports, at least the last ones, are from 40 to 60 pages and almost all of them are over 12 Megabytes. Translating them is a decidedly tiring and time consuming task.

Not much less writing daily minireports.

Ask Keith/Daniel for the possibility of attaching a file other than simple pictures and I could publish the German one of which I already have my (poor) English Pdf version.

1 hour ago, Barry Lineker said:

I'm surprised you haven't blamed Brexit?

That's what they'd do on here🤣

Given that as you yourself pointed out, this is a forum for motorhomers, campers and caravans so Brexit should be off topic. .

My approach to the UK leaving the European Union has always been neutral.

I only asked to understand what benefits this operation has brought to the people of the United Kingdom.

You must have missed the question since I haven't gotten any answers so far.

Maybe because there aren't any, but I'm confident that sooner or later someone will respond.

Returning to the purpose of the forum, I will continue to travel the length and breadth of Europe regardless of the 90/180 day rule.

That doesn't even touch me beyond the Channel, I've already seen what I wanted to visit.

When the identity card of a European citizen was enough and the ETIAS was not yet in the minds of the respective governments.

Sincerely, Max

18 minutes ago, Bulletguy said:

Don't you have any photos of your travels? You said you were in France this year so post up your route with photos.

Itinerary: Briancon - Sisteron - Ansouis - Cadenet - Apt - La Roque-d'Anthéron (Abbaye de Silvacane) - Lourmarin -
Rustrel (Colorado Provençal) - Bonnieux - Ménerbes - Aix-en-Provence.

Herebelow: Colorado Provencal

20220602_104118.jpg

Itinerary: Briancon - Sisteron - Ansouis - Cadenet - Apt - La Roque-d'Anthéron (Abbaye de Silvacane) - Lourmarin -

20220602_104118.jpg

Very nice Max, but strangely Antony went very quiet since I asked him to post the route and photos of his recent tour in France. 

22 minutes ago, Bulletguy said:

Very nice Max, but strangely Antony went very quiet since I asked him to post the route and photos of his recent tour in France. 

Us Brexit voters have to be very careful about publishing our movements nowadays, on account of the abuse we might get from sore Losers, as is evident from this very forum🤣

2 hours ago, mtravel said:

20220602_104118.jpg

You went all the way to Colorado to see that?🤣

Or was it the open gates that attracted you?

1 hour ago, Barry Lineker said:

Us Brexit voters have to be very careful about publishing our movements nowadays, on account of the abuse we might get from sore Losers, as is evident from this very forum🤣

All you have to be careful about is ensuring you don't overstay the 90/180 limit you voted to impose on yourselves. At best border controls will just fine and deport you with a marker on your passport.

But none of that would dissuade any genuine traveller from posting photos of their recent tour (like Robinhoods excellent mini blog in MM)......assuming they made one of course. When Brian asked where you had been in France your reply was an evasive, "we went to Spain then made our way slowly back through France...".

32 minutes ago, Bulletguy said:

All you have to be careful about is ensuring you don't overstay the 90/180 limit you voted to impose on yourselves. At best border controls will just fine and deport you with a marker on your passport.

But none of that would dissuade any genuine traveller from posting photos of their recent tour (like Robinhoods excellent mini blog in MM)......assuming they made one of course. When Brian asked where you had been in France your reply was an evasive, "we went to Spain then made our way slowly back through France...".

I guess it depends how you enjoy your holidays, some of us like mtravel need to take pictures to enjoy his holiday, some of us even enjoy taking pictures of Eastern block cop cars.

I just enjoy being on holiday, but hey we're all different🤣

14 hours ago, Bulletguy said:

Don't you have any photos of your travels? You said you were in France this year so post up your route with photos.

If enough members want to view my pics and holiday info from the this year I will post up detailed info . We did a week in Anglessey, 3 weeks in Holland and I believe around 6 weeks in France as well as The Lakes for four days . Which would you like to know about?

6 hours ago, B Dobson said:

If enough members want to view my pics and holiday info from the this year I will post up detailed info . We did a week in Anglessey, 3 weeks in Holland and I believe around 6 weeks in France as well as The Lakes for four days . Which would you like to know about?

France.....as said in my post you quoted.

6 hours ago, Brian Kirby said:

Which is fair, since you are obsessed with Germany!

I like Germany, love the people and love the areas Ive visited on 3 different tours in the motorhome . Im not sure why you claim Im "obsessed with Germany" though but Im sure given youre a gentleman of honour you'll provide proof of that claim and hopefully Keith allows you the time to do so before he pulls the thread 

Archived