Fiat Ducato 2000

millerman77

Hi All, I'm in urgent need of your fabulous help please...... I have a fiat ducato year 2000 (Swift Kontiki) it has just started for 2 secs and then stopped.
The key is out of the ignition, the battery light and oil light are staying on with the temperature gauge showing high.... this is with the van off???? I have noticed that the immobiliser has stopped flashing, but the van will not start again and I have no power to the lights, hazards and so on..... any ideas please? It's due an MOT on Wednesday 😒😒

As a first thing to try has your engine earth strap failed? This is a common failure on Ducato's!

Try connecting a single jump start cable from either the battery negative terminal OR the black jump start point under the bonnet directly to the engine lifting eye.

If you find that the engine (and battery)earth straps are both ok (Which , as Keithl has said ,  is often the cause of this type of electrical problems on the Ducato) I believe that there is another wiring earth point somewhere under the dashboard that can cause similar problems , with its terminals needing to be cleaned  ,sometimes  fixing things.

Archived