We're lucky Porsche don't make motorhomes.

Barry Lineker

14 hours ago, John52 said:

I didn't know Range Rover was British owned

So thats something else I've learned from your Daily Mail 🙄

Slight correction there John,

As the mail says, Range Rover is a British brand who are owned by Land Rover.

But Land Rover is owned by the Indian giant Tata Motors so that means RR is also Indian owned.

1 hour ago, Barry Lineker said:

I didn't know you could open Daily Mail links, you have been telling Porkies🤣

I couldn't, but the Daily mail now seems to accept my adblock plus.

So now I can read lectures on patriotism from the Gutter press registered in Bermuda to avoid British taxes.

35 minutes ago, Keithl said:

Slight correction there John,

As the mail says, Range Rover is a British brand who are owned by Land Rover.

But Land Rover is owned by the Indian giant Tata Motors so that means RR is also Indian owned.

How can it be a British brand when its Indian owned?

6 minutes ago, Keithl said:

Because it is manufactured in Britain. It's really the Mail article who got it wrong in the first place!

I thought Range Rover is assembled in Britain with foreign parts, same as Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc  But I haven't heard them called British.

Debateable I suppose.  Is there any truly national car when they are all assembled from parts that come from all over the world.

Maybe the Daily Mail just likes to make everything more nationalistic. Us and them etc

10 minutes ago, John52 said:

I thought Range Rover is assembled in Britain with foreign parts, same as Honda, Toyota, Nissan etc  But I haven't heard them called British.

Debateable I suppose.  Is there any truly national car when they are all assembled from parts that come from all over the world.

Maybe the Daily Mail just likes to make everything more nationalistic. Us and them etc

If the parts fail, it's the suppliers fault.

If the assembly fails, it's the assemblers fault.

Nationality is not necessarily relevant.

8 minutes ago, Bulletguy said:

Ok so explain how this thread meets the criteria of; "Chat about anything and everything motorhome, caravanning and camping related...".

I assume this is your response to the removal of your last post "Another gone"?

In which case the post was removed as the only content was a link which was inaccessible as it was behind a paywall.

I admit this post had a vague MH related title but it at least stayed fun with no insults or offensive posts. If you would rather I remove this post as well then just say so?

On 12/8/2022 at 5:21 PM, Barry Lineker said:

As it looks like it would have been a lemon.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-11512169/Porsche-named-unreliable-car-brand-ahead-Land-Rover.html?

Mind Germany does appear to make 4 out of 10 Lemons🤣

Motorhomes and campervans are based on vans, so maybe we need to look at them,.

Fleet News show the top van for reliablity as MB, followed by three vans made by the group which own Porsche.

Archived