Insulation grants

amyjones

The point I am trying to make is, generally speaking, we don't need more laws.

We just need to enforce the laws we have got

But thats not easy

Especially with less police, prisons full, and a courts backlog so long that cases are taking over 3 years just to be heard

Its easier just to spew out more laws to make things more illegal than they are already

Especially when they can get their contacts in the media to give it favourable coverage

1 hour ago, John52 said:

You can tell us anything.  But they obviously aren't inspecting buiding works where they should - even in their own buildings like Grenfell Tower

On the Panorama programme, regarding Lewisham Council now paying £60,000 a year in housing benefits for a house they sold for £15,000, they quite clearly hadn't inspected the substandard rooms they are paying for in there either.

As I understand it the cladding at Grenfell was supplied by Kingspan which is a company based in Ireland, so perhaps you should be addressing your questions to the EU.

As for the Panorama program, I believe "Labours" mayor Sadiq Khan is responsible for London housing, so perhaps you should also ask him why "Labour" are allowing benefits to be paid for sub standard housing?

• Keithl locked this topic

Archived