Compass Avantguarde (2005) similar to the elddis autoquest tail lights

Bjorn Toulouse

A word of historic warning. The Caraluna has (or at least had) small rectangular drain holes located in the bottom of the moulding.

Given that they are essentially "handed" (the unit with the fog light should be on the O/S, which is different for LHD and RHD) Hella have different model numbers for the two markets.

Given that they are horizontally symmetrical, it is entirely possible to turn a LHD O/S part upside down and mount it on the RHD O/S, but guess where the drain holes are then 🤔.

How do I know this? Courtesy of Monsieur Rapido, who it would seem couldn't be bothered to order different part numbers for the UK market, resulting in me carrying around a swimming bath in the rear lights.

UK ordered parts should be correctly configured, but I'd still check the drain holes and their orientation.

Hi

Good point, an error that was frequent a few years ago.

Yes they still have drain holes for the bottom and you are correct can of course be fitted incorrectly if the units are for  for RHD and not LHD resulting on the drain hole now on top of the lights 

The fog light was always the giveaway with the flooded lights 

Regards 

Archived