Burstner bathroom door handle removal

Hi Elvis and welcome,

Does the hole go right through the handle? And does the pin in the hole look like a roll pin, see photo?

image.png.361b1b8c8e4be85cfebe81a95efe54a8.png

If yes then try tapping it out with a pin punch or blunt nail. If it won't move in one direction then try the other direction as it may be tapered.

This 2018 forum thread discussed removal of the door-handle fitment on the toilet door of a Burstner Nexxo

However, it will be plain that that fitment was quite different to the handle shown in the photo "Elvis the fish" provided (and that I've copied below)

image.jpeg.fced51ccff3514c900c9230b129ac10f.jpeg

If there were a second hole in the handle directly opposite the hole I've arrowed in red, the handle MIGHT be retained by a roll-pin that would need to be driven out as suggested above.

However, if the hole I've arrowed is the only one in the handle (and my crystal-ball tells me that will be the case)  there will be a small 'grub screw' (example here)

image.jpeg.38efef62445a5b756a4dcd0a6f419316.jpeg

in the hole that will need to be unscrewed using a suitably-sized allen-key.

Many thanks all.  We’re away in the van in Italy so had to press on with the repair - I tried again and the handle was indeed held on a spring pin - depressed it with sufficient pressure 😳and the handle came off.

I needed to remove the handle to investigate the locking mechanism - on opening up the mechanism I discovered that the return spring had broken - temporary repair with a couple of elastic bands and we’re roadworthy again.  

Any clues to a detailed breakdown and parts category for the locking mechanism greatly appreciated.

Thanks Ray,

Your photo of the Pilote locking mechanism looks very similar but not quite the same as mine - when I need to disassemble it again I will take more photos.

I also had a look on EBay and found a similar lock for an Elddis caravan but won’t commit to buying until I make further comparisons.

I like your ‘bungee’ repair, perhaps we should start a post showing our emergency repairs when travelling?😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Just a random guy said:

Hi, I am looking for the same type of lock, but cant find any seller. Elvis the fish, where did you buy a replacement?

Unfortunately I do not think you will get a reply from @Elvis the fish as he hasn't logged on since last July!

image.thumb.png.ad098a70b3066f496a5f023941388d63.png

Perhaps another forum member can help?

I read Elvis's post as saying he'd replaced the rubber band, rather than locating a replacement lock.

Looking at images of locks on Google brings up the following (very) similar looking unit:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383156362392

....complete with dimensions. It might be worth a check (and searching on the "IRN1" part number might bring other hits on Google).

Thank you all for help. I found the same latch on Baldacci website from Italy, but it seems they only do B2B sales.

I am posting the link, for all that will have the same problem.

https://www.baldacci.it/Prodotti/EN/recessed-latch-v1117-tcov1117/cVENPVjExMTc1

I am from Slovenia, thus the one on ebay comes with an expensive shipping costs. But at the end, this will have to do if I cant find it no closer.

Edited by Just a random guy