Keep Smiling

Guest Syd

Syd,

I don't think people have a problem with Tortoise but it was getting a bit much but that is just my opinion . Tortoise is welcome anytime we didn't tell him to go he said he was going his perogative . Some of his postings were a little off the mark especially his comments to others .

He did manage to upset some but hey ho its a free forum .

Stuff like that maybe should be confined to Pm or emails but then again it is Chatterbox and anything goes but not pulling others into it that only causes dsharmony amongst people causing untold hag.

I,m sure if Tortoise wanted to come back he is big enough old enough to work that out for himself. However don't tell people that you are here to write a book about it ...

That only upsets people take care ;-)

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Syd,

You clearly enjoyed the exchange but the fellow seemed, in the brief encounters we experienced, to be a little thin on substance. I was hoping we could explore his knowledge a little, before we lent any credibility to his ethos. The world is heavily endowed with those who are big on claims but short on delivery.

If it touched you, then fine, but life is very short and precious. You’ve already been dead forever, and will be again all too soon. In my own view, it’s a shame to waste time on fallacious extra-secular whims.

At the end of the day though, it’s up to you, and the very best of luck.

Syd - 2007-07-23 9:46 AM

michele - 2007-07-23 12:22 AM

Explain please Syd its a bit cryptic for me :D

I dont have to agree with what people think or say nor do I have to challenge them but I do find people who act a little "out of the box" if you understand what I mean, interesting and a challenge.

Nothing like trying to understand something different and new is there. B-)

Perhaps some creaters should never be let 'out of their box', especially certain tortoises coming out of hibernation! ;-) (lol)

Perhaps some creaters should never be let 'out of their box', especially certain tortoises coming out of hibernation! ;-) (lol)

I will say one last thing about Tortoise and that is that there is more to this person than meets the eye and you have all missed it, it is your loss.

End of subject as far as I am concerned

I agree with Syd.

The Tortoise PM'd me a while back and advised me that I was publicising too much of my personal information on here - hence I have amended my profile & stayed quiet for a while.

Apparently he's writing something to do with people being scammed by giving away too much information, such as times they will be away from home etc., and how easy it is to create a false identity on here.

Dunno how much of that's true, but it certainly made me think *-)

J9withdogs - 2007-07-25 11:50 AM

I agree with Syd.

The Tortoise PM'd me a while back and advised me that I was publicising too much of my personal information on here - hence I have amended my profile & stayed quiet for a while.

Apparently he's writing something to do with people being scammed by giving away too much information, such as times they will be away from home etc., and how easy it is to create a false identity on here.

Dunno how much of that's true, but it certainly made me think *-)

J9 .what were you publicising about yourself ? do you mean the piccy ?

Not a dig at you but just saying even if one says they are going away that dont mean your house is empty mine is full of coppers like my daughter boyfriend and then other daughter the dogs and parrot .Its never empty they dont come with us any more .

False identity you only have to look at TC also i often wonder why people log on with No name ?? its weird to me what have they to hide what's in a name.

When you say you agree with Syd Tortoise can do as he wishes no one told him to go anywhere he's as welcome as anyone is .

I do think that its funny that he is describing himself as a counsellor and then telling people he is wriing a book on us . I didn't find that very nice it was a smart reply and a certain way to get people s backs up ...I liked him better as The original Tortoise and found him quite charming then .

J

;-)

I really am utterly staggered that this fellow managed to get under the skin of what are apparently reasonable people.

Whoever and whatever he is, he has only served to cause unrest and anxiety. His postings were not those of a 'professional' with integrity.

No substance. And he knows it, and so appeals to vulnerability to validate himself.

He’s probably doing the very same thing on other forums even as I type.

Umh , Dont REALLY like to think ill of people on the whole but Crinkley has a point and its a good one in my opinion ....

That frightened you enough J9 to stay quiet as you have stated .

I think that may be very worrying for some folk especially if they are single or may be nervous by nature ... :-(

Archived