Truma Combi D6 not working.

Jeff Hall

Help.

The Combi D 6 diesel heater in my motor home is not working, when you try and start it up the fans start up and you think it going to work but then red light on the controller flashes six times indicating low or no diesel. But there is diesel and the pump has recently been replaced. Normally you would hear the diesel pump ticking but it doesn’t! I have disconnected the pump, put a voltmeter in its place and gone through the start up procedure but there is no power being supplied. Does the D6 provide continuous voltage or pulses?

Can anyone think of any simple checks I can do before I have to resort to the time consuming and expensive task of disconnecting, removing and replacing either the control board or worse still the complete unit.

Any constructive comments would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff

I fear that there's not much experience of the D6 on here. It's of little help but all I can offer is that on all the diesel heaters I've had (7 or 8 Eber, Webasto, Chinese) the dosing pump is pulsed and trying to measure voltage at the pump connector with a multimeter doesn't work.

On 14/10/2023 at 16:46, Jeff Hall said:

...but then red light on the controller flashes six times indicating low or no diesel. But there is diesel...

But how much diesel?

If it is plumbed in correctly then the heater will not operate with less than something like a quarter of a tank (to prevent running the tank empty) so how much fuel do you have?

Keith.

Hi

Check your fuel tank outlet for blockages if a filter is fitted replace Fill the fuel tank up as advised by Keithl and make sure the fuel line is primed as you would on initial start up (Initial start up in your owners manual) Low fuel is indicated by x6 red flashes also make sure your vehicle is level.

Regards

Edited by onecal