Truma boiler

Barcobird

From the Atlantic caravans website it seems like you need professional help from the outset, and imo if they can't help I doubt anyone will be able to...

"The code will either start with an E for error, or a W for warning. An E code means that something has gone wrong with the hardware of the boiler and there isn't much that can be done without some professional help, but a W fault can normally be resolved with a re set once the issue has been rectified."

https://www.atlanticcaravans.co.uk/combi-error-codes

If I can find any more I will add another post.

Keith.

The E 19 H error code was mentioned in this (German) Truma link 

https://serviceblog.truma.com/de/2014/04/07/nachruestung-cp-plus/comment-page-3/

and the (translated) 2018 entry is shown here

image.png.724d8f4e36b090d08c5aa6774ae64f53.png

Presumably that explanation will not apply in Barcobird's case, but it tallies with the guidance on the Atlantic Caravans website that an error code with an "E" prefix indicates a hardware fault.

Truma UK's technical support should be able to help

https://www.truma.com/uk/en/service/customer-service

Thank you both for the replies, I thought that might be the response as they don’t list the code !

The problem started after we had a battery go bad, might be a coincidence.

I tried the reset and checked it on gas and mains electric (we are plugged in to the mains at the moment) but all to no avail. There is a red light that flashes which apparently gives a code so I will have to video it.

Why on earth does Pilote fit these boilers facing the wall, it just makes everything so difficult, trying to check something with a mirror is not easy!

Hi

Some of your connections may be damaged due to dampness Sometimes make and breaking them and cleaning may help. Sadly quite often replacement may be the only option if you find them very badly corroded Has any work been previously carried out on the unit? , incorrect PCB boards,are some times replaced in error ? (a 6KW PCB for a 4KW heater)

You really need to establish if any previous work was carried out , and the nature of same.  

Regards

Edited by onecal

1 hour ago, onecal said:

Hi

Some of your connections may be damaged due to dampness Sometimes make and breaking them and cleaning may help. Sadly quite often replacement may be the only option if you find them very badly corroded Has any work been previously carried out on the unit? , incorrect PCB boards,are some times replaced in error ? (a 6KW PCB for a 4KW heater)

You really need to establish if any previous work was carried out , and the nature of same.  

Regards

This brings me back to the battery!

The power was discharging fast when on battery power so I checked it and it needed water, after this it smelled really bad, gave a lot of fumes and coated terminals etc in a greasy substance.

I have now thrown the battery and renewed the terminals which had turned a funny colour.

After that the boiler stopped working!??

Hi

Was work done to it prior to this ? You gave us a code below?

I have a Truma CP Plus boiler that is showing the error code E19H

I have checked the handbook and Trumas website but cannot find this code anywhere. Does anyone know what the code relates to ? 

Code 0019 relates to incorrect PCB output . I have found this can happen if replaced by an incorrect board , or a damaged Board 

Edited by onecal

8 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi

Some of your connections may be damaged due to dampness Sometimes make and breaking them and cleaning may help.

As one of the 'fault 6' is replace harness, it makes sense to do this with all connection's, on our Combi4 a fault showed and it was a bad connection which wiggling the joint solved, seems a common fault.

5 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi

Was work done to it prior to this ? You gave us a code below?

I have a Truma CP Plus boiler that is showing the error code E19H

I have checked the handbook and Trumas website but cannot find this code anywhere. Does anyone know what the code relates to ? 

Code 0019 relates to incorrect PCB output . I have found this can happen if replaced by an incorrect board , or a damaged Board 

No.

11 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi 

Ok was the battery (old) connected incorrectly 

Regards

3 year old batteries dropping power quickly, on checking no water in the cells so I topped it up, BIG mistake!! Gave off loads of fumes and covered terminals in greasy substance along with other stuff in that area. Took the battery out and replaced terminals with new. Now boiler not working, maybe the greasy stuff found its way onto the boiler pcb. We are also getting flickering lights, a bit like a bad earth?

Hi

Yes I would check all your DC connections and earths and clean and as Colin has posted your harness may need replacing The PCB may also be damaged but without seeing it it's impossible to say I think it would be prudent at this stage to have it all checked out professionally

Regards