need engine and gearbox for a peugeot boxer 1.9td year 2000

paul evo

Paul,

Are you sure a year 2000 Peugeot Boxer 1.9TD is Euro 4?

The reason I ask is Euro 3 was for vehicles registered around 2000 to 2001

image.png.3a251d50564d4e77b40fc2de20d6e8c9.png

and Euro 4 was not introduced until 2005 to 2006 

image.png.f4ee7e28785205f1d1aa1c1a336c640d.png

and I very much doubt that Peugeot were that far ahead of the game! 

And your year 2000 may actually only be Euro 2!

Keith.

I agree with Keith.  My 2006 2.8jtd is Euro 3.  The 2.8jtd was made from 2000, to mid 2006.

Paul, your 1.9td will be an x230 model, and most probably built in 1999.  Your engine will be a 1905cc PSA D8B.

To widen your search, you could fit a Fiat 1.9td (1929cc)  230A3000, which has marginally higher torque and maximum power.

Larger 2.5ltr engines were options, but your braking system may not be adequate for the higher power.

For more detail follow this link and scroll down to Engines 1993 - 1999.

Alan

This link suggests that the 1.9 litre motor will have an engine code of D8C (XUD9UTF) 

https://www.peugeotboxerengines.co.uk/signup/

It appears that variants of this motor were fitted to other vehicles (not just Boxers) and an entry on the Peugeot 306 Owners Club forum includes the following table.

image.png.7bab80d1f506a4f07938da97450bd4c2.png

There will be an identifying code on the engine block and this should allow a suitable replacement to be found. 

(My interpretation of "...year 2000 euro 4 ????" in Paul's posting was that the question-marks indicated that he was just guessing that the motor would be Euro 4-compliant. As has been advised above, the motor will be Euro3.)

The Wikipedia article to which I linked, states that the D8C is a 1.9D, but the D8B is shown as 1.9TD, which is what Paul stated his engine to be.

This website also shows the D8B as being the turbo version

Alan

Edited by Alanb
Edited to include link to engine trust website.

On 18/11/2023 at 11:49, colin said:

Maybe the OP wants to 'upgrade' to a euro4 due to ULEZ, but if so should know that for diesel most (?) ULEZ are euro6, euro4 is for petrol.

If so he will be wasting his time and money.

He can put what engine he likes in it but it will still be a Euro2

4 hours ago, Alanb said:

The Wikipedia article to which I linked, states that the D8C is a 1.9D, but the D8B is shown as 1.9TD, which is what Paul stated his engine to be.

This website also shows the D8B as being the turbo version

Alan

OK - it's up to Paul to decide exactly what he needs, but if a D8B it's still going to be Euro 3.

• 6 months later...

Hello I came across this forum while researching engines. I have a Peugeot Boxer Campervan 1.9 Diesel M Reg 1995. There seems to be a lot of knowledge here and wondered if anyone can advise.

I'm looking for information on which engine and (if I need one) another gearbox I can put in and if anyone knows who does this sort of work. I have messaged

https://www.peugeotboxerengines.co.uk/

to see what they can offer.

Thanks in advance any replies/posts

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

Wikipedia provides the following engine-related information appropriate for a 1995 Boxer

image.png.1bfc27d7d42a49598c09296fe3532095.png

The simplest approach would be to install a replacement engine and/or gearbox that exactly matches what is currently fitted in your camper-van. For anything more 'ambitious', possibly your best bet for advice would be this Peugeot Boxer forum.

https://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/boxer.226/