First time top up of Ad Blue

Adiebt

AdBlue prices should have come back down with the gas price.

In the last week I have seen prices for a 10 litre container of Carlube AdBlue range from £35 (filling station forecourt) to £12.70 (Trago Mills)  So I don't have a locking AdBlue cap. 

But I have drilled a small hole in my existing AdBlue cap after reading of problems caused by blocked vent holes.  AdBlue crystallises so I can imagine it blocking a very small vent hole.

Hi 

Yes John , looks like the vent hole may not have been big enough in the original vent caps, causing a lot of issues.Therefore one would think when the manufactures of these vehicles that used AdBlue within their exhaust system would replace faulty caps with locking ones through their dealer network and not leaving purchaser to correct the issue themselves after paying a considerable amount of money in the first instance . Considering that all liquids used in the operation of vehicles will fluctuate up and down , but ultimately will more than likely go up in price over the years so therefore open to theft I think a locking AdBlue cap or locking door flap should be supplied 

If enough complain to their dealers, who knows 

Regards 

• 2 weeks later...

Just filled my adBlue with my bit of garden hose (to push open the flap in the filler neck) on the end of a funnel

With the amount of caked on dried AdBlue around the filler neck its easy to see how the original vent hole gets blocked (collapsed reservoir and £1800 bill)

Photo shows the hole I drilled through the centre of the cap with a bent paper clip pushed through to keep it clear.

AdBlue (1).JPG

AdBlue (2).jpg