X650 Chausson exclusive line

Jojo1971

Be very careful that anything you do doesn't invalidate your warranty with Chausson. I bought one of their 2022 m/h's last year and Chausson now say the warranty is void because before I bought it it didn't have am '23 Habitation check. It did by the dealer I bought it from in Sept but didn't have one before  that and before I owned it. Chausson/Trigano appear to work very hard to deny any warranty issue and I can se that in your case if you change the wheels to ones they didn't specify, they COULD claim you've made a change to their spec and hence, like me, void your warranty

Hi all, so update as follows on the wheel situation..

the dealer came back to me and said the black wheels don’t fit,, so can’t be changed..  so I asked them why and is it the maxi chassis, which he came back and said no it’s just bigger wheel hubs, and cudn’t explain why Chausson have made this change.  I have again emailed Chausson and am waiting for a reply!!

I asked for a picture of vin plate to see if that gave me any clues, pic with weights below.. 

so looks like I’m stuck with these wheels, which im not happy about, but don’t have much choice!! collecting the van on Monday.

thanks to everyone who took the time to comment.. 👍👍

cheers jo

image.jpg

Perhaps the automatic box is heavier and so the chassis is uprated from the normal light chassis front axle weight of 1850kg to the plated 1960kg?  Perhaps the larger hubs and wheels with the larger PCD are part of that uprating?

Hi

Lets wait for Chausson advice on your issue .Very good advice from ColinM50 as you could indeed void your warranty in making any changes ,  Check your UK  brochure fully for small print and as you have only ordered  it yet you needed not accept until you are fully satisfied with you order as purchased from your brochure that may state "with black wheels". You could always have them "re sprayed " black of course at their expense . Take your time and let Chausson get back to you ,hopefully with a positive outcome that's acceptable to you.

Regards

• Like 1

The payload for automatic versions is shown as 60kg less than manuals, so there may be some sense in the gearbox being heavier, and uprated wheels/brakes being fitted. (Hymer pricelists indicate a 35kg penalty for the auto). 

Whatever the reason, the information already gleaned that the different wheels are standard on the auto version appears to be consistent with Fiat UK brochures. Upgrading (via a "pack") from steel to alloy wheels will give you all-black wheels on the manual, and diamond-cut/black ones on the auto (see snip attached from latest).   

Duc Wheels.JPG

• Thanks 1

Hi

It really goes back to what you ordered and asked for at the time and it's in writing

Also important as I mentioned that you had read all the small print  on ordering same

Again you need to be happy with what you purchased . you can as I also mentioned have them re done in all black if they agree at their expense if you really prefer all black . It should not be a problem to get it over the line .

Main thing is see what they say in their reply and hopefully it will be an acceptable outcome to you

Best of luck with your new motorhome 

• Thanks 1

The information Robinhood provided in his posting above indicates that the alloy wheels fitted to current-model Chausson Ducato-based motorhomes come from Fiat's parts-list (ie. Chausson will order a Ducato 'chassis' from Fiat and this will arrive at the Chausson factory in France with alloy wheels already in place).

Chausson brochures  for their "X" range make no mention of the fact that silver-and-black alloy wheels (rather than all-black wheels) will be present when the motorhome has automatic transmission, and all the photos in the brochures show all-black wheels. The fact that current Ducatos with automatic transmission and 'genuine' Fiat alloy wheels always have the silver-and-black variant becomes apparent from Chausson's Ducato-based "Van" camper-van range where automatic  transmission is standard and the standard alloy wheels are stated in the "Van" brochure as being silver-and-black. That automatic transmission = silver-and-black alloy wheels is further confirmed by looking at Ducato-based motorhomes from other manufacturers (eg. Swift's "Carrera" range).

As I touched on earlier, Chausson's brochures (UK and French) carry a 'non contractural' caveat

image.png.ea6becd9133317feb0c4b481c62d3ba1.png

so the chances are slim-approaching-zero that Chausson would agree to pay for Jojo's motorhome's silver-and-black wheels being refinished in black (and Fiat's 16" all-black alloy wheels would not fit). Besides which, refinishing diamond-cut alloy wheels satisfactorily to all-black colour would be a major task and doing so would undoubtedly invalidate the wheels' Fiat warranty.

In Jojo's shoes I'd use 'double think' and say to myself "OK, I don't much care for my X650's silver-and-black alloy wheels, but Fiat all-black wheels cannot be fitted and, realistically, professionally refinishing the silver-and-black wheels to a different colour free-of-charge is a non-starter. But behind the silver-and-black alloy wheels are the larger hubs and brakes fitted to Ducato 'heavy' chassis and that's a real-wold plus."  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Derek Uzzell said:

The information Robinhood provided in his posting above indicates that the alloy wheels fitted to current-model Chausson Ducato-based motorhomes come from Fiat's parts-list (ie. Chausson will order a Ducato 'chassis' from Fiat and this will arrive at the Chausson factory in France with alloy wheels already in place).

Chausson brochures  for their "X" range make no mention of the fact that silver-and-black alloy wheels (rather than all-black wheels) will be present when the motorhome has automatic transmission, and all the photos in the brochures show all-black wheels. The fact that current Ducatos with automatic transmission and 'genuine' Fiat alloy wheels always have the silver-and-black variant becomes apparent from Chausson's Ducato-based "Van" camper-van range where automatic  transmission is standard and the standard alloy wheels are stated in the "Van" brochure as being silver-and-black. That automatic transmission = silver-and-black alloy wheels is further confirmed by looking at Ducato-based motorhomes from other manufacturers (eg. Swift's "Carrera" range).

As I touched on earlier, Chausson's brochures (UK and French) carry a 'non contractural' caveat

image.png.ea6becd9133317feb0c4b481c62d3ba1.png

so the chances are slim-approaching-zero that Chausson would agree to pay for Jojo's motorhome's silver-and-black wheels being refinished in black (and Fiat's 16" all-black alloy wheels would not fit). Besides which, refinishing diamond-cut alloy wheels satisfactorily to all-black colour would be a major task and doing so would undoubtedly invalidate the wheels' Fiat warranty.

In Jojo's shoes I'd use 'double think' and say to myself "OK, I don't much care for my X650's silver-and-black alloy wheels, but Fiat all-black wheels cannot be fitted and, realistically, professionally refinishing the silver-and-black wheels to a different colour free-of-charge is a non-starter. But behind the silver-and-black alloy wheels are the larger hubs and brakes fitted to Ducato 'heavy' chassis and that's a real-wold plus."  

Hi Derek,

agree with everything you’ve said, it’s the conclusion we’ve also come too.. think Chausson need to make it clearer that this is the case, and maybe now that dealers are starting to get the x650’s in, in automatic, I think they will become more aware of it too!

it’s been great to have everybody’s input on this and I really appreciate the time everyone has take..

Picking van up on Monday and first trip already planned, down to the alps 😀👍

cheers Joanne 

59 minutes ago, Jojo1971 said:

Hi Derek,

agree with everything you’ve said, it’s the conclusion we’ve also come too.. think Chausson need to make it clearer that this is the case, and maybe now that dealers are starting to get the x650’s in, in automatic, I think they will become more aware of it too!

it’s been great to have everybody’s input on this and I really appreciate the time everyone has take..

Picking van up on Monday and first trip already planned, down to the alps 😀👍

cheers Joanne 

Good Luck with the new van - I'm sure you will have some great times in it.....

You'll learn to love those wheels in time 😉

But, I would give them a really good waxing from the outset, something like Collinite or Fusso, it will help to keep them clean and mitigate any future issues with the diamond cut finish.

• Like 1

Hi Joanne

Lol You can always ask to have them (wheels) refinished in a colour that you hoped for and wished and still retain the advantages I would be very surprised if you refused your order that this would not be done for you FOC to get the order finalised and over the line. Always very important to read the small print as the wheels are far from interchangeable. It's a personal choice of what colour you like and at the start it looked like from your initial post it may have been a deal breaker. You are not the first with this isssue , although some have accepted them others have not i am informed . Of course others have come around to love their new wheels

May I again wish you well and happy travels in your new motorhome 

Brendan  

Edited by onecal
  • Thanks 1