Elddis Encore Awning light

Hi My 2 year old awning light just stopped working

It happened when the wire came off in the door sensor

Put wire back on then awning light would not work

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks for all help

Have you checked if the fuse  is ok ,  it could be with the other 12v habitation fuses on your PDU , you could also try re-setting the digital control panel by disconnecting it  and then reconnecting 

Edited by Labby

There may be a fuse on 12v fuses section on the PDU marked control panel that you can remove and then refit. to try to reset the digital control panel , this may reset the awning light control.(if that is what is needed)

Also are you sure that you replaced the wires in the same places  as I think your light may be an led type which must be  connected the correct way round to work .

Edited by Labby

I think the control-panel Elddis would have fitted to Labby's "encore" would be a BCA "Denver" model as shown in the image below.

image.jpeg.01adbea9beb69836f78554af973c4213.jpeg

This link is to an Apuljack Electronics entry relating to the "Denver" panel fitted to Bailey leisure-vehicles

https://www.apuljackelectronics.co.uk/BCA-Denver-Control-Panel__p-556.aspx

The link shows several views of the panel and it would appear that disconnecting it would involve prising off the panel's facia, undoing 4 fixing screws and disconnecting a number of plugs.

Hi Freddie,

You say 2 year old awing light? It may be a good idea to send a photo/photos of your control panel  Does it match up with the one Derek has posted with no on/off switch? Have you followed the excellent advice  Labby has given you to help resolve your issue? Any outcome?

Regards

In early-2021 Freddie asked for advice on this forum regarding fitting a gas-tank to a Fiat-based motorhome and his enquiry was titled "Elddis 285 Motorhome 2020 YEAR". I'm guessing, therefore, that he owns a 2020-built Elddis Encore 285 model, though - if that's the case - I'm unsure how to interpret his mention of a "2 year old awning light" unless that indicates the light has been retro-fitted or the original awning light was replaced 2 years ago.

The advice in the Encore manual for this control-panel is shown below

image.png.43a35f47da16e970aa42895adf611199.png

As Labby said above, the control-panel needs to be turned ON for the awning light to work.

Hi 

Thanks for that Derek  I too am a little unsure how to interpret the 2 year old  light  Wasn't quite sure if he had a 2020 motorhome or not and was the awing light fitted in 2021/2022.  Yes,  master switch Off/ ON  should work that is if, the wiring has been replaced correctly from the damaged wiring in the door sensor

Regards

Awining light1.jpg

Edited by onecal

As I understand it, the 'door sensor' is part of the motorhome's alarm system, so - in principle at least - a problem with the sensor's wiring should not impact on the awning light. As Labby advised earlier, checking for a failed fuse should be the first step. 

Unless it were known for certain that the awning light was working immediately before the sensor's wire came adrift, there remains a coincidental possibility that the awning light itself had failed before the sensor problem occurred but this was not noticed.

I don't know how easy it is to get at the awning light's wiring, but if the fuses are all OK (and the wiring can be accessed easily) I'd be tempted to jury-rig a 12V power supply to the light to check it's in working order.

Hi

Yes  check the Fuse as per normal first , light itself/sensor , wiring for continuity and correctly connected (dry joint)etc' 

I am afraid Freddie has not returned to us for an update 

Edited by onecal

Thanks for all your help

I found the problem but baffed by the solution

The green wire came of the door sensor, it was very short but fitted into sensor.

Today i took the g wire out. Awning light worked.

Extended g wire and replaced it in door sensor.

Now entral lockung awning light etc all working.

Why i do not know just know it all as should be

So i am baffeled

19 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi 

Thanks for that Derek  I too am a little unsure how to interpret the 2 year old  light  Wasn't quite sure if he had a 2020 motorhome or not and was the awing light fitted in 2021/2022.  Yes,  master switch Off/ ON  should work that is if, the wiring has been replaced correctly from the damaged wiring in the door sensor

Regards

Awining light1.jpg

The awning light wasreplaced under warranty so is 2 yearzs old