Fitting a Solar panel to an Autotrail

Hi All, I have an Autotrail Tribute T715 ( 2018 ). I am fitting a 100 W Solar panel on the roof of my van, running the cable through the roof to come out next to the Sargent EC155 where I will fit a 30A Controller. Has any one done this if so do you know which connections to use in the Sargent EC 155 to the Controller. Many Thanks. Dennis.  

Are you sure that the EC155 has a solar input connection that can be used instead of going direct to the leisure battery from the controller? (as some other Sargent PSU units have), it could be worth checking with Sargent Electrical 01482 678981 or check at www.sargentltd.co.uk support section.

They may have used the leisure battery power supply into the EC155 as a connection for the solar controller , to save having to run a separate cable all the  way back to the leisure battery  terminals from the controller.

Edited by Labby

• Keithl changed the title to Fitting a Solar panel to an Autotrail

Yes that is what I want to do, to save running the cables to the leisure battery, I thought I could connect to the leisure  battery in the Sargent EC 155, but I don't know which are the battery terminals. 

The leisure battery to the EC155 cables should be brown/blue (positive) and white/orange (negative) ,  but If you go to the Sargent website  and go to support / help centre / search articles / EC155B power control , the EC155 install information found there has the wiring information , including colours  of the leisure ( and starter ) battery  connections

Thanks for your reply, I phoned Sargent and was told I had to connect it directly to the Leisure battery . In the locker where the Sargent EC155 coming out of the harness at the bottom is a three core cable to a socket ( photo ) one is brown/blue ( positive ) one is white/orange ( negative ) and one is brown/green ( Vehicle Battery ). I have put my meter between the white/orange and the brown/blue 12 v coming from the leisure battery Taken out the 20 Amp fuse out  nothing,  between the white/orange and the brown/green 12 v coming from the  Vehicle Battery started the MH and the voltage went up to 14 Volts. So I think I will connect the  brown/blue ( positive )  white/orange ( negative ) to the Solar Controller. Thanks again to all.

IMG_9071.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg