Motorhome insurance

Good evening one and all.

I have just had my renewal quote of £600.00 for my Autotrail f68 2022 with a well know insurer. Have managed to get the best quote of £555.00 from a different insurer. Are these reasonable Quotes. 

Grumpyman 

1 hour ago, Grumpyman said:

HI , I have renewed my insurance with my existing insurer for only ten pounds more than last years premium. Managed to get it down from £626.00 to £ 565.00. I think not a bad result.

Grumpyman

Oh dear !... ours was £285 this year (but about £160 ish last year!)

This  Caravan & Motorhome Club March 2024 article may be worth reading

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/blog/practical-tips-and-ideas/safety-and-security/why-are-motorhome-and-campervan-insurance-premiums-rising/

and - as this January 2024 article will show -  there's nothing 'special' about leisure-vehicles when it comes to large insurance premium increases.

https://www.abi.org.uk/news/news-articles/2024/1/motor-insurance-premiums-continue-to-rise-as-insurers-battle-costs/

When I bought a 1-year-old Hyundai car in April 2022, the insurance premium (via Comfort Insurance) was mid-£300s. A year later the premium had risen to mid-£500s.

I recently replaced the Hyundai with a new Skoda Fabia and Comfort Insurance were unable to provide a quote. Quotations from on-line comparison websites varied from mid-£400s to well over £2000. I eventually insured the Skoda through Admiral for £461excluding breakdown insurance (the Skoda has this as part of the purchase conditions).