Passenger door locked

HI.. we have an Ixeo 736 A class.The passenger door is locked and we cannot open it either with the key remote or manually.Any suggestions as to how we can open it so we can get the doorcard off to have a look inside.

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums, Steve.

This YouTube video relates to a 2019 right-hand-drive Burstner Ixeo i736 motorhome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDrHiqdZtN0

and this image shows the passenger-side entrance door.

image.png.bebe7d4a961aea38bcd8436014dbd80c.png

If the door's internal and external handles fail to open the door, it's difficult to know how access to the door's interior can be gained without causing damage.

Have you contacted a Burstner dealership to see if they can advise?

Yes.....Camper UK  are Burstner dealers and they are going to have a look at it in a couple of weeks.The van is built on a Ducato chassis.I really hope that the door does not have to be damaged.

Although the door is not a standard Ducato one, the lock does appear to be standard Ducato. IIRC on the standard doors there is a hole on inside which releases lock, but I'm not sure this will help, but worth a look.

We are in Spain at the moment with a similar problem, Burstner Lyseo Harmony Line 2023, came back from town and tried to open the hab door via the central locking to no avail and neither would the key work. 
entered the van via the cab door and with a bit of a shove the hab door did open. The internal lever to open feels loose and once we shut the hab door from outside ( the door is proud 3 mm all round instead of flush and it appears the top latch is engaging but not the bottom ) 

it’s a right royal pain and to ensure the door doesn’t fly open whilst travelling I’ve employed cable ties on the inside handles and grab rail. 
Van booked in on our return in mid June to Burstner dealer we bought from. 
Any ideas what the cause of my door trouble could be as this could help ordering parts as it appears Burstner have a lead time of 6 to 8 weeks for parts! 
As an aside I can see no way ( as an amateur) how you would gain access to innards of the door.

Just hope you don't break it. Need a new internal moulding on my Chausson Tribute. Replacement cost for the half height plastic (ABS??) moulding is  a few pennies under £1200. So be v. careful when removing yours

This 2020 forum discussion relates to a problem with the cab door lock of an Ixeo i736

This image shows the cab door. The external handle looks (to me) like the same handle used on the motorhome's habitation entrance-door, so I'm guessing that the cab-door is a Hartal product.

image.png.5fddadeb255068e2a02805105db57f85.png

The interior of the cab door looks like this

image.png.a838565b98b39644898cac14a9d53c61.png

It seems certain that the door is 'bespoke' and an old advert for the complete door gave a price of £6860.00. (That's not a typo - a price approaching £7k).

As Colin has said, the Ixeo's cab door external handle looks like the standard Ducato cab-door external handle

image.jpeg.cd761e46dc0f963d51de6f5143f43ec2.jpeg

and the Ixeo's interior handle may also be a Ducato part.

Steve's motorhome is usable and - even if it were possible for him to get the cab door open - gaining access to the door's interior is evidently challenging. So investigation/repair will be best left to Camper UK.

(After Camper UK has addressed the fault, it would be useful if Steve could tell the forum a) how they managed to get the door open and b) how the door-locking issue was resolved.)

I don't share your confidence regarding the "easiness" of the task, but I'm neither a locksmith nor an expert car thief. 🙂

It's to be hoped that Camper UK has the knowledge, tools and skill to get the cab door open without causing damage. And, if they tell Steve how they did it, he can then decide whether or not to explain the method used.

Thanks for that Derek Uzzell and onecal. I hope you are right and that it is an easy fix. I was thinking as a last resort we might have to cut the door card to be able to get to the inner workings of the lock and get the door open. I will see what the "experts" suggest. I certainly don't want to fork out £7000 for a new door but as the MOT is due and all doors must be operating correctly we have limited choices.

• Keithl locked this topic
  • Keithl unlocked this topic
8 hours ago, onecal said:

Hi Ixeo19

Yes it is opened easily and without damage to the door itself by person/persons with knowledge of same with the correct tools . I personally have no intention in sharing this information on an open forum for security reasons ...

Nobody has asked you to post on this forum (or elsewhere) advice on how to get Steve's Ixeo i736 motorhome's cab door open without causing damage. As you've emphasised earlier, if the door can be opened easily from outside the vehicle, describing the method involved here would be very unwise. 

As there's no certainty that Camper UK share your knowledge, could you PLEASE send Steve (Ixeo19) a Private Message outlining the technique to be used (as John52 has suggested doing). Then Steve can pass on that information when he visits the dealership in a fortnight's time.

• Thanks 1

• Keithl locked this topic

I second Keith's opinion and fully support the actions he has taken when attempting to moderate this discussion.

If Steve (Ixeo19) manages to get his motorhome's cab door open, or Camper UK is able to do this when Steve visits them in a fortnight, he can then provide feedback by creating a new forum thread if he so wishes - it's his choice.

John52 and onecal -  it's now plain that you've developed a juvenile dislike of each other where this forum is concerned and that both of you are afflicted with a severe case of Last Wordi-sm. Your repetitive arguing is tedious and, if it happens again, I'll ask the forum's Administrator to place a temporary ban on your forum membership. This is a free-to-join forum and no member has a God-given right to participate. 

Seeking to resurrect locked forum discussions by deliberately creating a new thread will not be tolerated. I've removed the John52 thread that did this.