What on Earth

A W

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
handyman - 2007-10-01 9:22 PM

so, is it JGG that you all hate then??

Hi handyman -

Unsure who "you all" are, but speaking for myself: no, not at all.

Far from it.

"Hate" is in my book the sort of emotion I would feel if someone had raped my wife or murdered my daughter and then I discovered who they were.

I've never met Tom Wilson and have never (so far as I can recall) had any correspondence with him directly - he seems only to have posted a few times, and so far as I can tell, has only ever started one thread himself.

Happy to see him here, the more the merrier - but when he had a personal pop at me out of the blue I responded.

As you've asked about the feelings of "you all" and I guess that includes me as I'm a member here, I'll tell you what I think.

In my personal opinion (and that's all it is) I am minded, based upon his recent postings to think that JGG has some big personal emotional issues, and some very pent-up frustrations in his world at the moment, and those frustrations are being vented in his "cyber-attacks" on other people here (and maybe on other sites for all I know). His posts seems to exhibit all the signs of poor stress-management, and of feelings of inadequacy.

Problem is, what he's been doing is a guaranteed self-defeating tactic, because the more people he attacks personally here, blindly lashing out at them repeatedly and insulting and threatening them personally, the more people respond, which must surely only be causing him more anger and frustration.

Thus, instead of this place being a safe harbour for him, a place of relaxation - all he's reaping now is even higher blood pressure, increased isolation, and greater feelings of inadeqaucy and anger because of what he's been sowing over the past few weeks.

I think he needs somehow to step back, take some deep breaths, think very hard and very honestly about how he appears to other people at the moment, and endevours to modify his behaviours - I'm sure he'll reap great emotional benefits through life if he can make that change.

Just my tuppenceworth.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Guest caraprof
Mel B - 2007-10-01 9:04 PM IMV: Its okay for some when they're not the one in the firing line, but it gets a bit much when others are always the ones who gets picked on and bullied, everyone likes a laugh and sometimes at other people's expense, which is okay so long as they too see the joke, but when they don't, then it's not fun and should not be tolerated, not on here or anywhere else. There are bullies on here who are too quick to criticise, bully or belittle others. Shame there isn't a headmaster/mistress to give them a good clip round the old ear'ole. :-S

Couldn't agree more! Who are these bastards? I'll sort them out for you!

handyman - 2007-10-01 9:22 PM

so, is it JGG that you all hate then??

Hi again handyman -

I seem to have been the only one who responded in any detail to your post (in my post above).

I did so as fully as I felt able, and would be interested to learn your thoughts on what I put in my post, and perhaps your own views on JGG's recent postings and your feelings, now that I have posted mine.

Thanks,

Bruce.

Addditionally, to the rest of "you all": would any others like to respond in detail to handyman's posted question, or my attempt to answer?

caraprof - 2007-10-01 10:58 PM
Mel B - 2007-10-01 9:04 PM IMV: Its okay for some when they're not the one in the firing line, but it gets a bit much when others are always the ones who gets picked on and bullied, everyone likes a laugh and sometimes at other people's expense, which is okay so long as they too see the joke, but when they don't, then it's not fun and should not be tolerated, not on here or anywhere else. There are bullies on here who are too quick to criticise, bully or belittle others. Shame there isn't a headmaster/mistress to give them a good clip round the old ear'ole. :-S

Couldn't agree more! Who are these bastards? I'll sort them out for you!

Hmmm, do you own a mirror Frank? :-S IMV it's not very nice that you're having a go at someone in your "Location" field who, if they respond to say they don't like it, or make any other comments about it, will undoubtedly be 'in the wrong' as you see it and no doubt hear about it. If however they don't say anything, they are then left to have to endure it. If you had something 'insulting' about me in your "Location" field I wouldn't be happy. Just because it wouldn't bother you if it was the other way round (which I suspect it wouldn't) doesn't make it okay to do it to others. I would say this regardless of who it was you were 'aiming' at, whether I knew them or not. You did ask Frank!Generally, and this is for eveyrone on the forum, I would ask that posters remember that just because they find something funny, it doesn't mean that the person at the receiving end does, or that comments made are not hurtful, so please choose your comments a bit more carefully so as not to intentionally offend. :D

Guest caraprof

I know, it's terrible and I'm really enjoying it for a while!

Edited to say - Howie reckons that he wears a syrup as well! I'll try to fit that into a really long-winded signature!

And aren't you the one who has just accused him of rolling about in puddles to keep clean! I didn't find that funny young lady!

I didn't find the peage fire funny either by the way. No one did, but it didn't stop you having a go at us!

Off again then Frank, can't resist can you. Why not grow up or b*gger off yourself to another forum and go and bully someone else for a change, it's not working on me. Sorry to disappoint, but you don't decide when a thread is finished, what people can say, or who posts when, and you certainly don't decide who can post and who can't, even if you do tell them to b*gger off to another forum if you don't like it ... but then again, maybe you should be the one who takes a dose of your own medice and b*ggers off, leaving us all in peace. :-D Ah, yes, peace ... it was bliss a year or so ago when we'd never heard of you ....B-)

At least you called me a "young lady" which makes a nice change from the normal names you hurl. :-D

Feel free to respond, it's your right, just remember there are some on the forum of a sensitive nature. :-S

I'm thinking of poor old Howie, he really is besotted with me and I couldn't bear the thought of him getting all upset because Frankie-boy has a go at me yet again. Little Howie, no doubt, would feel like giving Frank a bop, but I'd hate my little pink fluffy bunny to get beaten up by a bully-boy. Just think what would happen to his teeth! :-S

Hymer C 9. - 2007-10-03 9:05 PM

BGD, a well thought out reply, which is more thought than some of the posts deserve or understand, but it does show that it takes all sorts of wierd and wonderful people, and I think we can all work out who the bored and sad ones are. Carol *-)

Cheers m'dear............"dya wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang; dya wanna be in my gang, oh yeah!!!"

B-)

Guest caraprof
I really hate to be sexist but is there a serious case of PMT amongst one of the members of the coven? I can't believe the venom that's flowing!

Guest caraprof
Mel B - 2007-10-03 8:32 PM Off again then Frank, can't resist can you. Why not grow up or b*gger off yourself to another forum and go and bully someone else for a change, it's not working on me. Sorry to disappoint, but you don't decide when a thread is finished, what people can say, or who posts when, and you certainly don't decide who can post and who can't, even if you do tell them to b*gger off to another forum if you don't like it ... but then again, maybe you should be the one who takes a dose of your own medice and b*ggers off, leaving us all in peace. :-D Ah, yes, peace ... it was bliss a year or so ago when we'd never heard of you ....B-) At least you called me a "young lady" which makes a nice change from the normal names you hurl. :-D Feel free to respond, it's your right, just remember there are some on the forum of a sensitive nature. :-S

You have bit of a problem Mel I'm afraid. Why for instance did you jump in to the peage thread accusing people of finding it funny? Why do you resurrect obviously dead threads and stir the pot, a pot that has often gone cold?

This last attack on me is a classic case of someone who knows that they've made a silly mistake (again) but tries to deflect it by going on the offensive.

Stop and think before rushing in to print and we'll all have a quieter life!

Oh and by the way, I'm here to stay so lump it or leave it!

Archived