motorhomers/caravaners

KD

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CliveH - 2008-04-02 6:02 PM

I think the worst "lets charge them for everything has got to be the following:-

http://www.redshoot-campingpark.com/tariff.html

I know the place - and believe me it is NOT worth what they charge.

To me the average CL is far better value

Any one has examples of more outrageous charging??

Blimey Clive, you would need a holiday just to recover from reading their fees 8-)

Martyn

CliveH - 2008-04-02 6:02 PM I think the worst "lets charge them for everything has got to be the following:- http://www.redshoot-campingpark.com/tariff.html I know the place - and believe me it is NOT worth what they charge. To me the average CL is far better value Any one has examples of more outrageous charging??

Its the daft people that pay them I cant understand!! if people refused they would soon bring it down, £4 a night electric!! and how do they justify the increaced charge for Bank Holidays £24 what do you get for that breakfast?

Well at least the showers and awnings are free. Must be a oversight on their part and will be put right at the first opportunity no doubt.

Complaining might help, but its all down to supply and demand, so filling those pitches should,nt be a problem.

Guest Tracker

Perhaps sites should charge fees by the road wheel so that 4 wheeled Motorhomes pay less than 6 wheel Motorhomes who in turn pay less than a 4+2=6 wheel car and caravan combination who in turn pay less than 4+4=8 wheeled car and caravan?

Driven road wheels count double so a 4 wheel drive 4 by 4 = 8 pays even more again.

That way caravans towed by 4x4s really get clobbered!

Seems fair to me, and I commend it to the house!

O well I'll stick with mi littlol camper for a while, I won't be comming on CCC event sits cos we ant got a loo like you lot, nor a shower, and some ant got amenities :-(

at least other people think i'm well young cos of the vehicle i drive, I just larf at them cos I don't pay road tax out of my pension :-D

Tracker - 2008-04-03 1:22 PM

Perhaps sites should charge fees by the road wheel so that 4 wheeled Motorhomes pay less than 6 wheel Motorhomes who in turn pay less than a 4+2=6 wheel car and caravan combination who in turn pay less than 4+4=8 wheeled car and caravan?

Driven road wheels count double so a 4 wheel drive 4 by 4 = 8 pays even more again.

That way caravans towed by 4x4s really get clobbered!

Seems fair to me, and I commend it to the house!

but what is the reasoning behind that richard, maybe welsh people should pay more because there are more sheep in wales, makes about as much sense as your policy.

on another note cc clubs dont but most do why do i have to pay for my dog, i can just about get on board with paying extra for my kids, after all they use the showers and other facilitys, but my little west highland terrier alice who is on an extremly low income is charged to sit in my caravan, ruff i and she thinks

Guest Tracker

Oh dear Dean has that upset you?

But why should you not pay more - you occupy more ground?

I think that 'by the wheel' site fees is a very fair idea as it is about time we Motorhomers got some recompense and advantage for being more compact and environmentally friendly than you tuggers.

Tracker - 2008-04-04 8:05 PM

I think that 'by the wheel' site fees is a very fair idea as it is about time we Motorhomers got some recompense and advantage for being more compact and environmentally friendly than you tuggers.

If occupying more ground is the criteria then Richard, you'd better hold in your beer belly chuck! :D

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2008-04-06 5:13 PM

Tracker - 2008-04-04 8:05 PM

If occupying more ground is the criteria then Richard, you'd better hold in your beer belly chuck! :D

Wot - and deprive the dog of much needed shade?

richard your my favorite person on here you could never upset me im just confused with your reasoning personally i think you should just be happy you have more space left for sitting outside relaxing making a bbq or doing whatever, there really isnt that much room left on most pitches by the time you have a caravan awning then you car.

Guest Tracker
K&D - 2008-04-06 8:29 PM

richard your my favorite person on here you could never upset me im just confused with your reasoning personally i think you should just be happy you have more space left for sitting outside relaxing making a bbq or doing whatever, there really isnt that much room left on most pitches by the time you have a caravan awning then you car.

Ah but Dean you miss the whole point of having a motorhome!

We don't need to suffer the pain of staying on site all day watching and hearing the antics of tribes of hoodies and being smoked out by bbqs!

That said there is some good entertainment to be gained from seeing you unfortunate caravanners transporting various shades of liquid back and forth across the field whilst you weave your way in and out of windbreaks, awning guy ropes, badly parked 4x4s, dogs on ropes, kids on bikes, trailing power leads, clothes lines, etc etc.

But the best entertainment by far is the erection of an awning in a gale and rain. The encore of finding and hooking up the long orange umbilical cord is nearly as much fun.

However even this can be exceeded for entertainment value by the dismantling of said awning in said weather with it's encore of rolling up a wet and muddy umbilical!

To most of us motor homers a site is only somewhere to either stop for, go back to, for the night - which begs the question - why go back?

Better for all methinks to leave you tuggers to enjoy your own field sports - like the porta potti dash to beat the queue in the morning, the aqua roll marathon to find a tap not in use, the grey tank relay to find a suitable drain and the orange lead maypole dance to find a spare socket!

Guest Tracker
K&D - 2008-04-06 8:29 PM

richard your my favorite person on here you could never upset me im just confused with your reasoning .

Elementary my dear Deano!

The three things that damage sites the most are, wheels, covered grass and awning ground sheets.

Logically therefore the more wheels the bigger the caravan and the more grass you cover, the bigger your caravan the bigger your awning therefore the bigger the area of dead grass when you leave and the more driven wheels you have the more damage you do driving in and out every day.

Charging for sites by the wheel is an excellent idea and I commend the principle of this fair and simple method to the house!

Guest Tracker
howie - 2008-04-07 11:40 AM

You could do this house a big favour by changing your avatar Richard. Nothing against circumcision, but having you proudly showing off the results will be found objectionable by many using this forum.

Aww, gee, Howie, you little scallywag - you do say the sweetest things.

As nobody else has drawn the same conclusion as wot you did I can only assume that your mind is in need of some deep cleansing and I hereby sentence you to listen to 150 hours of Tony's sermons as a penance.

In all modesty, I do appreciate that I am not as handsome as you but at least I do have the honesty to put my own picture on here rather than hide behind a low flying dawg like wot you has dun!

Disturbing!, well difficult to argue with that Dean, and that manic idiotic grin always reminds me of a demented gargoyle recently released from some institution or other, but enough of Richard, and back to the thread if you don,t mind.

Bit unfair all this stick you tuggers get, and after all we,re all enjoying the same outdoor hobby but by different means. O.K., so you clog up our roads, petrol stations and service areas etc, then more or less take over sites with your vans, cars, awnings, zip on extensions and windbreakers, but all worthwhile if only for the entertainment you provide when pitching up for us motorhomers. ;-)

Guest Tracker

Maybe Howie is really Shergar in disguise - the blinkered vision - the toothy grin - the flared nostrils - it all adds up.

You know it makes sense!

K&D - 2008-04-07 7:05 PM

i think i might start calling you motormoaners

You get out there and enjoy that caravan Dean. Most of us were tuggers once and the only reason we now have motorhomes is purely down to old age, ain,t that right Richard.

Guest Tracker
howie - 2008-04-07 7:15 PM

K&D - 2008-04-07 7:05 PM

i think i might start calling you motormoaners

You get out there and enjoy that caravan Dean. Most of us were tuggers once and the only reason we now have motorhomes is purely down to old age, ain,t that right Richard.

Not quite Howie - my first go at the camping life was with a tent but when I got my first ex GPO red Morris Minor van in 1962 I decided that the ground was too darned hard and wet for courting so I fitted the van with a small bowl and 5 gallon water container with hand pump and a small one ring gas burner, all in a purpose made cabinet which sat on the front seat at night when the full size bed was in operation (well as full size as the van would allow). I soon learnt to line the roof with carpet to stop condensation and Richard the Motorcaravanner was created and was soon off all round the country.

I can confess to a brief go with several caravans for a year or two when our son was small but I was not keen on towing so I have always been and always will be a nomadic motorhomer at heart - and one who firmly believes that all singing all dancing caravan sites are for wimps - or tuggers as we prefer to call them!

Richard ... you know that plug you are a-dangling ... well, it ain't big enough chuck ... you'll need a much bigger one for a certain orafice, which is why I assume you carry it around ... so that you don't accidentally put your foot in it! :$ ;-)

As for caravanners (why is it double n?) ... they could be claimed to be more 'traffic' friendly, after all they do leave their units on the campsites most of the time and go around in cars, rather that us lot going around in motorhomes all the time ... 8-)

At least it means there is more road available for us to use! :D

Archived