motorhomers/caravaners

KD

Guest Tracker
K&D - 2008-04-07 8:22 PM

richard 1962 is 46 years ago i hope you take this as a complement but either your photo was taken along while ago(which would explain the shirt) or you started mhing very young

Thanks Dean - I was born in 1944 and that photo was taken last year

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2008-04-07 8:28 PM

Richard ... you know that plug you are a-dangling ... well, it ain't big enough chuck ... you'll need a much bigger one for a certain orafice, which is why I assume you carry it around ... so that you don't accidentally put your foot in it! :$ ;-)

:D

So Mel you feel that is OK to chuck insults around as long as you add on some smileys do you?

You have had several goes at me lately and the novelty is beginning to wear off so please give it a rest, besides which other folk are starting to notice and comment.

As you are a female of a certain age I do try to make allowances for you and I have not responded until now but do please be aware of the effect of the seven ages!

Many thanks.

Tracker - 2008-04-07 8:32 PM

K&D - 2008-04-07 8:22 PM

richard 1962 is 46 years ago i hope you take this as a complement but either your photo was taken along while ago(which would explain the shirt) or you started mhing very young

do they still need you

Tracker - 2008-04-07 8:13 PM

Not quite Howie - my first go at the camping life was with a tent but when I got my first ex GPO red Morris Minor van in 1962 I decided that the ground was too darned hard and wet for courting so I fitted the van with a small bowl and 5 gallon water container with hand pump and a small one ring gas burner, all in a purpose made cabinet which sat on the front seat at night when the full size bed was in operation (well as full size as the van would allow). I soon learnt to line the roof with carpet to stop condensation and Richard the Motorcaravanner was created and was soon off all round the country.

I can confess to a brief go with several caravans for a year or two when our son was small but I was not keen on towing so I have always been and always will be a nomadic motorhomer at heart - and one who firmly believes that all singing all dancing caravan sites are for wimps - or tuggers as we prefer to call them!

Sounds familiar Richard, and a natural progression that many of us have followed, but many of us have also been in Dean,s situation with a growing family that needs more room than your average motorhome can provide. He also has the benifit of having a vehicle that can be used at a moments notice, important when those youngsters need to be kept occupied which can be difficult when confined to long periods on site.

Thought you were a bit hard on our Melanie, and yes,she can be a cantankerous old biddy on times. I know you're no fan of emoticons, but they do convey the spirit of the message which in this case was obviously just a bit of fun.

Hope we are not seeing the first cracks in that suave exterior of your's old timer. :-> :-( 8-) ;-)

Guest Tracker

Suave, Howie? Me? You cannot be serious - or I must seriously question your judgement!

Just to set the record straight - again.

I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH CARAVANNERS.

WE HAVE HAD CARAVANS AND TOWED.

CARAVANS DO HAVE MERITS THAT MOTORHOMES LACK

I CAN SEE THE ATTRACTION OF BEING ON ONE SITE FOR A WEEK.

BUT

It's not for us!

Just as caravanners enjoy winding us up - so do I enjoy winding them up!

Thank you Howie for you defence of me, such a little sweetie ... I could almost forgive your dalliances with the other ladies of the forum.:$

Tracker -

So Mel you feel that is OK to chuck insults around as long as you add on some smileys do you?

Why are you taking something as an insult when it is clearly in fun? 8-)

You have had several goes at me lately and the novelty is beginning to wear off so please give it a rest, besides which other folk are starting to notice and comment.

Really, who might they be then? On second thoughts, don't bother to answer that, if you don't like something fine then say so, but don't drag others into it. :-|

As you are a female of a certain age I do try to make allowances for you and I have not responded until now but do please be aware of the effect of the seven ages!

So it's okay for you to try to insult me then, I don't call 45 an age where I need to have allowances made for me so please don't ... at least I put smilies to show I'm having a laugh ... not sure about this from you though .... and that's the root of the problem really :-S

I have to say that I am very disappointed - I've stuck up for you on lots and lots of occasions, and now, on the odd occasion when I've said something that you don't agree with, you see it as 'chucking an insult' at you, your interpretation - not my intention, which is why I use smilies to try to convey the 'fun'.

I wonder, do you think there is such a thing as 'smilie blindness' such as 'colour blindness'??? It seems that are happy to make comments about others and/or on some issues in such a way as others can construe them as being derogatory, insulting etc and then happily come back and say they were in jest. However you don't seem to appreciate the joke when it's on you so all I can deduce is that you want to assume the worst or can't see their fun meaning in most cases.

Rest assured Richard I won't bother to try to have a laugh with you again and will keep it for others who appreciate a bit of fun. (!)

Apologies if the above offends anyone.

Tracker - 2008-04-07 8:32 PM
K&D - 2008-04-07 8:22 PM richard 1962 is 46 years ago i hope you take this as a complement but either your photo was taken along while ago(which would explain the shirt) or you started mhing very young

That was a good year that was.!!!!!!!!!!

Yes Maggyd a very good year, I've no complaints.

A free and easy childhood, we did not have a lot but did not expect a lot either.

The swinging 60's a great time to be young.

The working years-if you worked hard you got your reward.

Now (touch wood) a few more years - growing old disgracefully.

I've no complaints about 1944. Carol (lol)

Guest Tracker
Mel B - 2008-04-08 9:25 PM

So it's okay for you to try to insult me then, I don't call 45 an age where I need to have allowances made for me so please don't ... at least I put smilies to show I'm having a laugh ... not sure about this from you though .... and that's the root of the problem really :-S

I have to say that I am very disappointed - I've stuck up for you on lots and lots of occasions, and now, on the odd occasion when I've said something that you don't agree with, you see it as 'chucking an insult' at you, your interpretation - not my intention, which is why I use smilies to try to convey the 'fun'.

Rest assured Richard I won't bother to try to have a laugh with you again and will keep it for others who appreciate a bit of fun. (!)

Apologies if the above offends anyone.

I'm not offended Mel!

I wouldn't set out to insult you Mel - wind you up maybe - but not insult you and I would never set out to disappoint any lady, but I do respond when someone has a dig at me - humorous or not!

With the greatest of respect, 45 is a dangerous age for you ladies so do please be aware of the effects of the itchy, bitchy, sweaty, chilly, moody, broody and psycho stages!

That's not an insult that's fact!

My sense of humour is well documented and if anyone makes me the butt of their joke they must expect a response in kind - just as I do when I make someone else the butt of my jokes?

Anyway you started it - so there - with knobs on!

I'm now beginning to understand the rules of this forum. If Mel B makes an innoffensive little crack that Tracker doesn't like, she's "chucking insults". Tracker however can be as nasty as he likes to anyone because as everyone knows, he's "just winding people up".

So, that's alright then.

I've just noticed that not one single person has contributed to this Chatterbox section for three hours, at this the busiest time of the day on my other forum. Could it be that they are heartily sick of people who post racist and offensive jokes, accuse married government ministers of being homosexual hypocrites and post the most sexist and offensive rubbish that I haven't seen in years in any civilised company, such as this:

With the greatest of respect, 45 is a dangerous age for you ladies so do please be aware of the effects of the itchy, bitchy, sweaty, chilly, moody, broody and psycho stages!

I'll let the sensible and more gentlemanly ones amongst you decide if this sort of person is good for this or any site. It certainly appears that contributors are voting with their feet.

Hymer C 9. - 2008-04-08 10:08 PM Yes Maggyd a very good year, I've no complaints. A free and easy childhood, we did not have a lot but did not expect a lot either. The swinging 60's a great time to be young. The working years-if you worked hard you got your reward. Now (touch wood) a few more years - growing old disgracefully. I've no complaints about 1944. Carol (lol)

Im with you there Carol we might as well have it now as we certainly didnt then or in the 60 and 70s in my case. Margaret. 

Guest peter

Rupert GS said

"I'm now beginning to understand the rules of this forum. If Mel B makes an innoffensive little crack that Tracker doesn't like, she's "chucking insults". Tracker however can be as nasty as he likes to anyone because as everyone knows, he's "just winding people up".

So, that's alright then.

I've just noticed that not one single person has contributed to this Chatterbox section for three hours, at this the busiest time of the day on my other forum. Could it be that they are heartily sick of people who post racist and offensive jokes, accuse married government ministers of being homosexual hypocrites and post the most sexist and offensive rubbish that I haven't seen in years in any civilised company, such as this:

I'll let the sensible and more gentlemanly ones amongst you decide if this sort of person is good for this or any site. It certainly appears that contributors are voting with their feet." Unquote

He did say "with the greatest of respect".................................Before the insult. What more do you want. Rupert? ;-)

Guest peter
RupertGS - 2008-04-09 8:31 PM

I've just noticed that not one single person has contributed to this Chatterbox section for three hours, at this the busiest time of the day on my other forum. Etc............

It's because all the retired old codgers have gone to bed with their Horlicks at 19.00 Hrs. :D

Guest Tracker

Rupert,

Just explain one thing - what makes you believe that to just wade in and have an unprovoked go at me is any more acceptable than me REPLYING to someone having a go at me?

Have I ever had a go at you, in fact have I ever made an unprovoked dig at anyone who did not have a go at me first?

If my views are unacceptable to you by all means contradict the views but please have the decency to do so without devaluing it to a personal attack.

That is called freedom of speech and your posting abuses that freedom.

You are perfectly at liberty to sit on the side lines and contribute very little to help anyone else if you wish but as a newcomer you might like to know that the section called 'chatterbox' was created specifically for any non motorhome related matters and if any member either lacks a sense of humour or does not like the content they are free to avoid reading this section.

I look forward to reading more constructive input from you.

Here’s another rule of this forum that I’ve learnt.

If Tracker has no answer to a complaint about his thoroughly obnoxious behaviour, he makes no attempt to defend the indefensible but simply attacks the person commenting on him. Also, if that person isn’t the kind of sad loner whose entire life is spent on this forum, with thousands of posts in a fairly short time, then, according to Tracker his arguments and comments carry less weight.

The reason I attacked you is that I consider, from your previous racist and homophobic comments and the latest vile sexism, that you are beyond the pale and have no place on a forum such as this. On MHF you would have been banned months ago and it is only the lack of moderation on this one that allows you to continue and be at the centre of every contentious argument.

Well listen to this Mr. Tracker – I may not visit this forum very often, and that is actually because of you, I find your particular kind of slimy insults, dressed up as “humour and winding people up” to be incredibly sly and offensive. But if you think that because I’m not posting two hundred times a week that my opinions carry less weight than yours, you’re wrong!

I shall now do as I often do – depart for a while and watch the fray! I can’t wait for Mel B to return to read that her actions are, according to you, all down to the fact that she is simply a menopausal woman.

And talking of women – what’s wrong with all the other females on this site who sit back and let you spew this kind of tripe!

Guest Tracker

Wow Rupert that really was a constructive and balanced posting exhibiting all the signs of freedom of speech with no signs at all of paranoia, intolerance or bias!

Are you so totally unable to comment without being offensive that you now need to seek support from others to help you?

Please note that this is another reply to you made without recourse to a personal attack or a personal insult.

I comment only on your attitude and not on you personally.

RupertGS - 2008-04-10 10:31 AM

And talking of women – what’s wrong with all the other females on this site who sit back and let you spew this kind of tripe!

Thank you Rupert and Peter (who I suspect are one and the same person) for reminding me how nasty, malevolent and evil-minded people can totally ruin the enjoyment of others.

Humerous banter is enjoyed by most on here - your diatribe and personal insults are not.

As long as the likes of you two are on this forum, I will not be contributing.

Janine don't let the actions of others bother you. I agree banter is acceptable but some think they are above the rest of us and can be damn right rude.

tracker is a harmless chap who has his own way of posting yes he likes banter (I happen to like his humour) so there is no need to jump down is throat at every opportunity and instead of just disagreeing with him result to making rude personal opinions of him.

Rupert I don't know where you have sprung up from, but in making these insults on the insulting you must be the most contradictable person to ever post. stay around as you say we don't have enough posters but try to be abit more approachable and less opinionative and you might come to enjoy our little forum

Tracker -

I wouldn't set out to insult you Mel - wind you up maybe - but not insult you and I would never set out to disappoint any lady, but I do respond when someone has a dig at me - humorous or not!

So now I'm having a 'dig' at you as well … humourous or not. I was having a bit of ‘fun’ as others do, with each other and with you too. Your response was not friendly Richard, no matter how you now try to dress it up, you said:

I did not see the above as a wind-up by you at all and despite what you now say, I don’t think it was originally meant to be, the wording is not such that it could be construed as a wind-up or remotely funny.:-|

That is actually not really respectful, it implies that I am ‘out of control’ and by doing so tries to undermine my views, but, as you’re saying it as part of your ‘funny posting’, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. 45 is not different to any other age I’ve been … I’ll let you decide whether or not the above ‘behaviour’ is applicable normally or not to me! 8-)

My sense of humour is well documented and if anyone makes me the butt of their joke they must expect a response in kind - just as I do when I make someone else the butt of my jokes?

I’m quite happy to be the butt of jokes if it makes others have a chuckle, or have responses in kind made and by that I mean clearly in ‘fun’.:->

Now that I’ve got that off my chest, where’s my hammer … I'm moody and can now feel the psycho stage coming on …. >:-)

My own view on these insults/comments/call them what you like is largely down to the very nature of this forum.

It's very easy indeed to pontificate, insult, or make unfounded comments, deliberate or not, from the safe house known as the keyboard. Would we do it face to face? Not me.

I think a little bit of "Know your audience" is helpful when posting but of course as this an internet forum, that's just not possible, we have to rely on common sense and good old fashioned decency prevailing.

I for one hope a truce or realisation of the silliness taking place here develops as quick as the insults did.

Kofi Annan :D

LordThornber - 2008-04-10 6:53 PM

My own view on these insults/comments/call them what you like is largely down to the very nature of this forum.

It's very easy indeed to pontificate, insult, or make unfounded comments, deliberate or not, from the safe house known as the keyboard. Would we do it face to face? Not me.

I think a little bit of "Know your audience" is helpful when posting but of course as this an internet forum, that's just not possible, we have to rely on common sense and good old fashioned decency prevailing.

I for one hope a truce or realisation of the silliness taking place here develops as quick as the insults did.

Kofi Annan :D

Hear hear, and I agree 100% Martyn.

Archived