Dear Derek Uzzell

Adiebt

Thank goodness for a moderator who actually moderates the frequent objectionable views expressed in what seems to be an attempt to be clever and get one over on another contributor.

A forum is to provide useful information and advice to others and not to show how clever you are.

Thank you Derek.

Dick

DickB - 2020-03-25 10:09 PM

Thank goodness for a moderator who actually moderates the frequent objectionable views expressed in what seems to be an attempt to be clever and get one over on another contributor.

A forum is to provide useful information and advice to others and not to show how clever you are.

Thank you Derek.

Dick

Agreed. OP is just trying to cause problems.

My view is that Derek strikes the right balance of intervention and allowing conversation to flow - someone has to take some responsibility to police the Forum and Derek is to be applauded for his efforts in this regard, not to mention his extensive and exhaustive replies to the many technical queries posted. Keep up the good work Derek.

Don636 - 2020-03-25 10:34 PM

My view is that Derek strikes the right balance of intervention and allowing conversation to flow - someone has to take some responsibility to police the Forum and Derek is to be applauded for his efforts in this regard, not to mention his extensive and exhaustive replies to the many technical queries posted. Keep up the good work Derek.

Agreed. Htrevor

Adiebt - 2020-03-25 9:39 PM

Would it be possible for you to please publish a list of the things you do and dont like so as to avoid upsetting your sensibilities . Thank you.

Derek already has in a previous post.

Last but one post in this 'Sticky'... https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/ALL-FORUM-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ/47195/

Basically Warner's forum standards that they expect ALL forum users to abide by.

Keith (Fellow Assistant Moderator)

I do not want to see this section of the forum spoilt by personal attacks. I am also not a "fence sitter" so I will make this comment.

Without Derek & Keith and several others this forum would be no where as interesting as it is.I read several forums in my part of the world and I am not aware of anybody that offers as much to a forum as Derek does both in time and detailed responses. Thank you and continue the good work. cheers,

Adiebt - 2020-03-25 9:39 PM

Would it be possible for you to please publish a list of the things you do and dont like so as to avoid upsetting your sensibilities . Thank you.

Keithl has answered your question in his posting of 25 March 2020 10:51 PM above.

These are difficult times and an ‘off topic’ throwaway comment that could be ignored just a couple of months ago can now be really unhelpful, particularly when it provokes an argument in a forum discussion that is of general interest.

All I’m asking is that, before posting, O&AL forum participants consider whether or not what they are about to say will genuinely contribute to the discussion and, if there is any doubt, that they don’t post. Surely that’s not an unreasonable thing to ask?

I am sure Derek is a big enough boy not to be hurt by playground spats but I am going to express my support for him anyway.

His knowledge effort and care is in my opinion legendary. He seems to be able to research things and ferret out information which makes me ashamed of my own inadequacy.

In sort we are very lucky to have Derek so let's cherish his contribution because without him the forum will be poorer.

And no I am not being sycophantic. !!!!

To all readers, I've looked in again to sound out the forum as it was in danger of becoming abusive and I've no time for that, say your piece by all means but don't apply any innuendo's.

I have no transport at the moment but the interest for me is reading others travels which are so different to my past that were conducted with no mobile devices just a map and some guessing. This modern world is fine until it fails as it has done.

Being now rather ancient its easy to see (worldly) errors developing which is why I often comment that its like the 1930's and wartime (my early life). I see on TV that some people simply don't know how to survive without guidance.

I like the world that I'm now forced to join, particularly the use of the computer but make no mistake the planet is evolving and we have no control for its owned by bugs and viruses humans are on only lodgers.

PS I added (worldly)

Given the overall tone of posts on Motorhome Matters compared to say one forum I visit, which is beset with 'Content removed' and 'Locked' actions by the Moderators, the consistent approach to what is allowed or not on MMM is a positive reflection on the Moderators and posters.

I can remember life prior to Moderators and it makes me shudder.

I would hate to think just how many hours Derek takes per week in helping people on this forum. He has helped me out directly and indirectly many times so he gets my vote.

It's always nice to have someone you can rely on.

HymerVan - 2020-03-26 8:22 AM

I am sure Derek is a big enough boy not to be hurt by playground spats but I am going to express my support for him anyway.

His knowledge effort and care is in my opinion legendary. He seems to be able to research things and ferret out information which makes me ashamed of my own inadequacy.

In sort we are very lucky to have Derek so let's cherish his contribution because without him the forum will be poorer.

And no I am not being sycophantic. !!!!

Agree 100% top man.

Having "done my time" as voluntary mod for the "other motorhome magazine" forum, and now returned to the fold, I think Derek and Keith do an excellent job, and have been a big part of the improvement I see here compared to when I dropped out.

Stay on topic (or start your own thread), and lay off the personal attacks - then Derek will be content (and so will I!)

Derek

Thanks for all your hard work but I am a bit puzzled as to how you retain and/or find the amount of technical and practical advice and links you retrieve. I think your abilities are wasted on here but thank goodness we have you. Keep up the good work, we are all behind you. I know you are above rising to the bait in the original post.

Cheers

John

Archived