Info required for week in Scotland (map attached)

kevandali

Hello you lovely people, it is my better half's big birthday, a number that cannot be mentioned within her hearing range. As a surprise we are staying for a weekend at an Air BnB, weekend of 12th Nov, between Perth and St Andrews (attached a map, if it works) All the kids are meeting us there for the weekend and she (better half) has no clue.

I would like any info at all regarding where to go after the weekend as we have a whole week in the camper.

We like walking/cycling/chilling, was thinking Loch Lomond over to the west but was concerned with distance so not sure if an option.

Open to any places that you lovely people have visited, taking into account we only have a week, don't mind traveling a fair bit if its worth it at the other end.

Any help much appreciated. :-)

(Sorry, the map's a waste of time, need a pair of rimmed bottom glasses to see it!)

838230972_ScotlandLocation.png.b6a2b7182c3a5d31268a13af93a6b40f.png

Congrats on her big birthday and yes, once they're over 30 they don't like numbers talked about do they?

Never done it, but in that part of the UK I'd look at the NC 500. This time of the year the roads should be quiet (ish). It's something we've considered but from us (Cambs) it's a long haul so still on the future trip list

If you have got or can get the latest MMM magazine there's an article in it about doing the 500. Did the trip about 3 years ago and had a great time, fabulous scenery not to be rushed. I hear it's getting very busy with stay cationers this year so you might have to prebook. Good luck and happy birthday to she who must be obeyed.

NC500???? if Loch Lomond (which I would not reccomend) is too far, then the NC500 certainly is.

Slightly closer than Loch Lomond, is the QE2 Forest Park near Aberfoyle.

There are lots of walks fairly close to the A9 to the North of Perth. Search for Perthshire tourism websites, and the Scottish forrestry commission site - where to go.

Crossing the Tay Bridge, may put Deeside within reach. Also to the North East of the indicated location, there is Tentsmuir Forest.

Alan

You are not far from Chanery Point and Rosemarkie where there is a resident pod of dolphins, google Rosemarkie and dolphins. Unfortunately not sure about local campsites as I think the two at Rosemarkie are both closed. Also careful if you drive to the point cos you go through middle of golf course and we were nearly hit by a golf ball early this year.

Peter

Plenty of nice coastline around Fife, going back 30+ years ago when I worked in Kirkcaldy went north towards St Andrews and there was an off licnce with the largest selection of scotch I've ever seen, can't recall the name of town it was in.

Really, just stay local. It's a beautiful area. For walking, the Fife Coastal Path is hard to beat (the chain walk between Elie and Shell Bay is interesting). Cycling, try Tentsmuir Forest. Chilling, well, St Andrews and Dundee (V&A, Discovery, much more). Me personally, I could easily spend a week looking and walking round Elie, Crail, Anstruther, Pittenweem and more. Plus various boat trips available, but not sure if still on in November.

Enjoy.

Archived