Motorhomes & Campers CLEAR OFF!!

Bulletguy

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
Tracker - 2014-08-03 7:39 PM

Yawn, yawn, as yet another thread gets hijacked by Frank - pedant of the year.

Does it really matter?

And who else cares anyway?

You're right. Pelmetman hasn't said much has he! *-)

But you've done it again and proved me right. Jumped in to a thread to add nothing, but simply to attack someone.

I rest my case! Thank you. (lol)

Cheerio. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-08-03 7:36 PM

pelmetman - 2014-08-03 7:21 PM

Cheaper than what else was available CC or otherwise when we were looking for a site in "Cornwall"...........and met our requirements of a site that was within walking distance of a nice town or two, as Marizion did ;-)................

As when you add the £6.50 return bus ride into Oban to the already more expensive campsite, then things start to add up Frank...................that's almost 6 pork pies 8-)...............

But it isn't cheaper than the CC site in Cornwall, it's more expensive. Perhaps you did have problems adding up? I think there are definitely some pork pies here.

And here's another tip. If a chum suggests that you stay the night on a noisy motorway services that costs £17 tell him not to be stupid and find a CL, a site or even a nice lay bye to spend the night. It's not rocket science. Well, for most of us anyway.

You really must learn to think for yourself.

I'm off now but whilst I'm out get out the CC book and add up what the costs are for the nearest sites to Marazion. You'd better get a calculator as you've got it wrong up to now.

I'll test you when I get back.

You forget Frank the CC site you highlighted is further out of Marizion along a dodgy road and has no facilities ;-)........................do try and compare like with like Frank *-)......................

You maybe used to pulling the wool over your customers eyes with your spin tactics ........ but they don't work on here :D................The majority on here have seen through you Frank >:-)...............

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-08-03 7:49 PM

Tracker - 2014-08-03 7:39 PM

Yawn, yawn, as yet another thread gets hijacked by Frank - pedant of the year.

Does it really matter?

And who else cares anyway?

You're right. Pelmetman hasn't said much has he! *-)

But you've done it again and proved me right. Jumped in to a thread to add nothing, but simply to attack someone.

I rest my case! Thank you. (lol)

Cheerio. ;-)

Not someone Frank ;-).................You >:-)...............

Funny how you don't like being paid back in your own coin? *-)

Guest Peter James
Had Enough - 2014-08-03 7:36 PM

I'm off now but whilst I'm out get out the CC book and add up what the costs are for the nearest sites to Marazion.

Can't help you there, but you can weigh the van for free on the isles of Scilly Steamship weighbridge (on the main road opposite Penzance Harbour). I think they only open in the mornings but they leave it switched on 24/7 and you can see the display through the office window when they are closed. You might be able to work out the weight of water swilling around under your shower tray ;-)

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-03 7:50 PM

You forget Frank the CC site you highlighted is further out of Marizion along a dodgy road and has no facilities ;-)........................do try and compare like with like Frank *-)......................

You maybe used to pulling the wool over your customers eyes with your spin tactics ........ but they don't work on here :D................The majority on here have seen through you Frank >:-)...............

I see, so a site that costs several pounds less but is in a different place is actually more expensive? Mmmm, very odd logic. But what about the full service CC site that I also quoted in Cornwall, which is still cheaper? That's what we call comparing like with like. Economics isn't your strong point is it?

As for the nasty comment about pulling the wool over my customers' eyes, I don't, which is why my business is still growing.

What caused the failure of your pelmet and pouffe business? Pulling the wool over your customers' eyes, shoddy workmanship, high prices, or a combination of all three perhaps?

Although I suspect from this thread that you probably couldn't add up their bills properly, just as you have problems working out how much sites cost!

I think you should give up whilst you're losing, don't you? ;-)

Seventeen pounds to stay on a motorway services eh? What an astute businessman. You really had the wool pulled over your eyes there. (lol) (lol) (lol)

This is fun! The words fish shooting and barrel keep coming to mind! (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-08-03 10:30 PM

I see, so a site that costs several pounds less but is in a different place is actually more expensive? Mmmm, very odd logic.

)

Basic maths lesson Frank ;-)....................

Dove Meadow cost £280 (£266 pitch + £14 showers) for 14 nights last July

North Ledaig cost £346.40 (£302.40 pitch + £44 membership) for 14 nights this July

£66.40 more expensive.................Now try and spin that Frank *-)

Guest pelmetman

As for the nasty comment about pulling the wool over my customers' eyes, I don't, which is why my business is still growing.

What caused the failure of your pelmet and pouffe business? Pulling the wool over your customers' eyes, shoddy workmanship, high prices, or a combination of all three perhaps?

I work for the quality end of the market Frank, and have more work than I need or want ;-)................that's the difference between our businesses...... much like your use of invective..... "quantity over quality" *-)...............

Still growing eh Frank?..................Or should that be............Still adding to Britain's balance of payment deficit >:-)..........................Do you sell "Anything" made in the UK? :-S..............

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-04 8:47 AM

I see, so a site that costs several pounds less but is in a different place is actually more expensive? Mmmm, very odd logic.

)

North Ledaig cost £346.40 (£302.40 pitch + £44 membership) for 14 nights this July

Ah, now I see. When you recommended a site in Cornwall to another member and told him that it was 'much cheaper' than a CC site you meant a CC site in Scotland! Is that your definition of comparing like for like? ;-) A bit odd as the CC sites in Cornwall were cheaper.

Now I know why the pelmet business went downhill. Your 'quality' customers asked you for a quote for pelmets in the dining room and you priced up for the sitting room. Or even the wrong house?

As well as this excellent and well-thought-out site recommendation he's lucky I suppose in that you didn't recommend a nice motorway services for him to overnight on his way down. The barrel's getting smaller and the fish seems to be growing. (lol) (lol)

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-04 8:56 AM

I work for the quality end of the market Frank, and have more work than I need or want ;-)................that's the difference between our businesses...... much like your use of invective..... "quantity over quality" *-)...............

Still growing eh Frank?..................Or should that be............Still adding to Britain's balance of payment deficit >:-)..........................Do you sell "Anything" made in the UK? :-S..............

No, we don't sell much made in the UK but we appear to be offering a service that thousands of people want. How's that new laptop that you bought recently? British made I presume? ;-)

Anyway, I'm pleased that you're turning away lots of business for the more rewarding exercise of posting on here almost every day. Remind me, if the pelmet business was going so well and you were turning away business, why did you need to set up a whole new enterprise, complete with website, for making and selling pouffes? >:-)

Possibly to give you the opportunity to turn away a whole new customer demographic . (lol)

This is fun! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-08-04 10:23 AM

No, we don't sell much made in the UK but we appear to be offering a service that thousands of people want. How's that new laptop that you bought recently? British made I presume? ;-)

)

Made in China I expect like everything you sell, but the difference I only buy what I need,......hence its only a cheapo laptop, not the latest must have gadget ;-)..................................but there is a school of thought that the UK's boom & bust economy is in part fed by people like yourself...................and seeing as we are returning to a boom led by the retail therapy lemmings....................The next Bust won't be far behind *-)..............

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-04 12:17 PM

)

Made in China I expect like everything you sell, but the difference I only buy what I need,......hence its only a cheapo laptop, not the latest must have gadget ;-)..................................but there is a school of thought that the UK's boom & bust economy is in part fed by people like yourself...................and seeing as we are returning to a boom led by the retail therapy lemmings....................The next Bust won't be far behind *-)..............

I feel awful and will close the business as soon as possible and I hope that all the other retailers of cars, motorhomes and other imported goods will do the same. The economy will then flourish. Oh, except for the mass unemployment of course! ;-) Then there'll be the riots because people can't buy their Chinese laptops. (lol)

There is a school of thought you know that thinks you're a hypocritical idiot. Your laptop isn't a 'must-have gadget' whatever that is, so that's OK then? (lol)

The barrel's getting smaller! >:-)

....and seeing as we are returning to a boom led by the retail therapy lemming......The next Bust won't be far behind *-)

Eh?...Come off it Dave, you're in the same "business"...You too, sell stuff, that folk want but don't need...8-)

..or are you saying that "Pelmets" and "Pouffes" are some of life's necessities then...?

...and that they are not in anyway, a superfluous interior décor fashion/fad item ?..

:-S

Guest Had Enough
pepe63 - 2014-08-04 12:28 PM

....and seeing as we are returning to a boom led by the retail therapy lemming......The next Bust won't be far behind *-)

Eh?...Come off it Dave, you're in the same "business"...You too, sell stuff, that folk want but don't need...8-)

..or are you saying that "Pelmets" and "Pouffes" are one of life's a necessities then...?

...and that they are not in anyway a superfluous interior décor fashion/fad item ?..

And the wood's imported from Norway! I'll start a poll. If you could have just one of these, which would it be?

A nice wooden pelmet.

A camera that will record your children going up, your holidays and all the happy days of your life?

They'd all go for a new pouffe or pelmet of course!

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest pelmetman

Anyway, I'm pleased that you're turning away lots of business for the more rewarding exercise of posting on here almost every day. Remind me, if the pelmet business was going so well and you were turning away business, why did you need to set up a whole new enterprise, complete with website, for making and selling pouffes? >:-)

Possibly to give you the opportunity to turn away a whole new customer demographic . (lol)

I'm sure I said before Frank, but I started the pouffe business to provide an income so we could go full timing, as being web based and subbing out the work I could operate it whilst on the move ;-)......................As a business model it works..............but unfortunately its still requires too much work from my point of view 8-).............so I've passed it on to someone else to run :D........

But its there in case I ever get the urge to have a career.............which seems unlikely........ as unlike you I do not need something to brag about :D...............

Which is probably why you can't retire, as your ego would be diminished ;-)

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-04 12:33 PM

I'm sure I said before Frank, but I started the pouffe business to provide an income so we could go full timing, as being web based and subbing out the work I could operate it whilst on the move ;-)......................As a business model it works..............but unfortunately its still requires too much work from my point of view 8-).............so I've passed it on to someone else to run :D........

Of course, it was so successful that passing on orders for someone else to fulfil became too time-consuming! Of course it did! We all believe you! >:-)

You couldn't make this up! (lol)

Ps I don't really work any more. I just give a bit of advice now and again and let my great team get on with it. I still get paid though. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2014-08-04 12:28 PM

..or are you saying that "Pelmets" and "Pouffes" are one of life's a necessities then...?

...and that they are not in anyway a superfluous interior décor fashion/fad item ?..

Not quite Pepe............ I provide a service.................and there's nothing wrong with people having a nice home, what I despair at is the constant need to follow fashion and throw out perfectly good furniture and soft furnishings *-).................and to honest I've Had Enough of the shallow world of Twendy Wendy's and would be more than happy to walk away from it tomorrow................but until I join the ranks of idle classes permanently I'll have to carry on working 4 months of the year :-|.............

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-08-04 12:38 PM

Ps I don't really work any more. I just give a bit of advice now and again and let my great team get on with it. I still get paid though. ;-)

Well if you don't need it Frank ;-)....................why don't you do a John Lewis or Wilkins Jam and pass it onto your employees? :D..............................Now that would be something worth boasting about :->...........

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-04 12:41 PM

Not quite Pepe............ I provide a service.................and there's nothing wrong with people having a nice home,

But there's something wrong with people wanting a nice camera, or pursuing photography or ornithology as a hobby, which is most of my customers? But if people want something as naff as a pelmet that's OK because you're providing a service?

Wasn't Norwegian Wood a Beatles' song by the way!

As I said, there's a school of thought that thinks you're a self-serving hypocrite who should give up whilst he's losing! (lol)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-08-04 10:16 AM

pelmetman - 2014-08-04 8:47 AM

)

Ah, now I see. When you recommended a site in Cornwall to another member and told him that it was 'much cheaper' than a CC site you meant a CC site in Scotland! Is that your definition of comparing like for like? ;-) A bit odd as the CC sites in Cornwall were cheaper.

Correction Frank ;-).................I was comparing sites with* facilities* and within *walking distance of a small town* in Cornwall........If you can find one that's cheaper than Dove Meadows I'd be obliged for future reference B-).......

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-04 12:44 PM

Well if you don't need it Frank ;-)....................why don't you do a John Lewis or Wilkins Jam and pass it onto your employees? :D..............................Now that would be something worth boasting about :->...........

Well, there you're on sticky ground! I've given 40% to my junior partner who's worked for me since leaving school. I've given him this for nothing because he's superb. This will increase to almost 50% soon. The rest will go to my daughter who works in the business.

My partner now has shares worth £640K - yep, a real tight bastard me!

I also gave shares to two other employees who have since retired and I bought back their shares leaving them with a six-figure nest egg. Yep, real tight bastard me!

How many jobs have you created for young people by the way?

Give up whilst you're losing! ;-)

Guest pelmetman

Of course, it was so successful that passing on orders for someone else to fulfil became too time-consuming! Of course it did! We all believe you! >:-)

I don't know whether your aware Frank........ but not everyone is driven by the filthy mammon like yourself *-)..........Have you ever done anything but flog cameras?.........as that might explain your shuttered mind :D.........

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-04 12:50 PM

Correction Frank ;-).................I was comparing sites with* facilities* and within *walking distance of a small town* in Cornwall........If you can find one that's cheaper than Dove Meadows I'd be obliged for future reference B-).......

Of course you were! But why did you say that Dove Meadow was 'much cheaper' when it isn't?

You didn't say, "It's more convenient but it's more expensive" which would have been true!

When in a hole you really should stop digging! ;-)

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2014-08-04 12:56 PM

I don't know whether your aware Frank........ but not everyone is driven by the filthy mammon like yourself *-)..........Have you ever done anything but flog cameras?.........as that might explain your shuttered mind :D.........

Yes, it's clear that I'm driven by filthy Mammon. A bit like a man who starts a pouffe business so he can make even more money to enable him to do what he wants. But of course we all know that what Dave Pelmet does is the only correct way. Whether it's buying consumer goods or working.

You really should stop this. You're making yourself look very silly, again! ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2014-08-04 12:54 PM

pelmetman - 2014-08-04 12:44 PM

Well, there you're on sticky ground! I've given 40% to my junior partner who's worked for me since leaving school. I've given him this for nothing because he's superb. This will increase to almost 50% soon. The rest will go to my daughter who works in the business.

My partner now has shares worth £640K - yep, a real tight bastard me!

I also gave shares to two other employees who have since retired and I bought back their shares leaving them with a six-figure nest egg. Yep, real tight bastard me!

How many jobs have you created for young people by the way?

Give up whilst you're losing! ;-)

Losing what Frank?.............the need to brag ;-)..................I've given half my pelmet customers to my brother too B-).......................So that I can work less :D.................

But this week I have to work :'(..................so I'll be back at tea break >:-)...........

Archived